Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can you tell me how to get rid of the Star of Israel that is in your lawn?
Rate This FAQ
You are probably asking about Star-of-Bethlehem, Ornithogalum umbellatum. This is a very common weed in turfgrass and University of Tennessee has a good fact sheet on this weed, click on http://www.tennesseeturfgrassweeds.org/admin/Lists/Fact%20Sheets/Attachments/6/W216_starofbethlehem.pdf.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I am trying to find an organic solution to spraying weeds in the vegetable garden, such as morning glory. Would a mix of vinegar and lemon juice spread to the roots of the vegetables also, or could it be used? If so, do you have any information on proportions for the mix?
- Do cottenless Cottonwood shed cotton after 7 to 10 years or are they always cottonless?
- Is there another alternative to getting rid of ferry ring in a lawn than by removing the soil?
- How can you tell if a fertilizer is a "slow-release"? What are the best NPK ratios for this area?
- When is the next date for spraying apple trees for codling moth?
- The leaves on my snowball bush are withered and the flowers almost nonexistant. The neighboring lilac doesn't look to good either. What could be causing this problem.
- Someone told me not to use cherry tomatoes in my spaghetti sauce due to inadequate acidity. If I pressure can the sauce and it also includes zucchini, onion, eggplant and fresh herbs, could it not also include some quantity of cherry tomatoes as part of the mix? I like to use up excess veggies in my sauce.
- I just bought some property with what I think is a Bartlett pear tree. The tree seems to be in good condition but the fruit skin develops a coarse brown covering. What causes this?