Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can you tell me how to get rid of the Star of Israel that is in your lawn?
Rate This FAQ
You are probably asking about Star-of-Bethlehem, Ornithogalum umbellatum. This is a very common weed in turfgrass and University of Tennessee has a good fact sheet on this weed, click on http://www.tennesseeturfgrassweeds.org/admin/Lists/Fact%20Sheets/Attachments/6/W216_starofbethlehem.pdf.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- We planted some scrub oak plants a few years ago that we got from a nursery. Although they come back every year they never get any bigger. They are still the same size as when we planted them. Do you have any suggestions on how to make it take off?
- My lawn has distinct areas that are brown next to healthy areas. The brown areas are covered in small holes.
- I mowed my lawn today (04/18/08) and noticed some dead "tracks" that I do not remember seeing when I mowed on Saturday (04/14/08). I thought that it might have been something from my lawn mower but it is a brand new Honda that I purchased 1 month ago. I have posted some pictures on my website and can be viewed at supersoygifts.com/grass.htm. Thanks for any info you can provide.
- I recently purchased a home in Sandy and there are chinese elms everywhere. Some of them are growing around gas and water lines. How do I get rid of them? Can I cut them down and poisen the root system? I also have a backyard that is completely overgrown with what I think is an annual bluegrass. I just want to rip all that out and plant seed in the fall. What is the best way to get rid of the annual bluegrass so it dosen't grow back next year? Can I just till it or do I need to do more than that?
- We just planted a maple tree in our back yard and noticed today that almost every single leaf has large circular spots that appear to have been "eaten" out of the sides of the leaves. I've read about a tar disease, but I don't really see the tar on the leaves. What could it be and is there something we should do about it?
- My neighbors have horses, and I need to create a wind break of sorts to control dust from their pasture. Please advise regarding trees shrubs I can plant close to fenceline for windbreak that the horses won't eat.
- When should I cut back spent tulips and daffadills?
- Chickens in garden before planting? Good idea? And get them on the lawn to eat any weeds?