Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can you tell me how to get rid of the Star of Israel that is in your lawn?
Rate This FAQ
You are probably asking about Star-of-Bethlehem, Ornithogalum umbellatum. This is a very common weed in turfgrass and University of Tennessee has a good fact sheet on this weed, click on http://www.tennesseeturfgrassweeds.org/admin/Lists/Fact%20Sheets/Attachments/6/W216_starofbethlehem.pdf.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I've just moved here from Maryland and I'm starting to landscape our yard. I've noticed that none of my neighbors use mulch in their flower beds. Why is that? I thought mulch helped to keep the soil moist as well as keep out the weeds. Plus you can till it back into the soil in the fall for aeration.
- I am buying a home, and have no idea how to take card of a yard and plant a garden/flowers. Do you have or know of any classes to teach these things?
- I live in riverton and want to plant triple crown blackberries and dwarf northblue blueberries. Do you have any suggestions or help?
- I have an apricot tree that is so heavy laden with fruit that it broke a major branch yesterday leaving me with about a half bushel of partially ripened fruit. Can any of it be saved? What should I do?
- Our new home came with some juvenile trees and sapplings planted very closely together in one corner of the yard. Who can identify these trees for us, so we know which ones (if any) to remove/relocate?
- I have a peach tree that has yellow leaves. Some are dark green but most are yellow.The fruit is small. I live in Ceder Valley I have kept an eye out for bugs and water deep evey other week. could it be iron?
- We bought a home in East Millcreek w/out any trees in the front yard. We really like the look of the Sycamore tree (with the mottled bark), but don't know if that is the best choice. Is it possible to get one that doesn't bear fruit (itchy-bombs, as we called it as children)? What other trees would you suggest as a large shade tree? Once we decide on a tree, I was planning on checking with all our neighbors to see if they want to plant the same tree so that 20 years down the road, we have a beautiful street. So, I want to plant something that won't make my neighbors despise me down the road!
- My new lawn I had hydroseeded last year went to seed this year and and is still looking poorly is there anything I can do to bring it back to looking good again?