Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Is tomato soup and tomato sauce safe to eat if they squirt out of the can when they are opened?
Rate This FAQ
Usually when a can of tomatoes squirts as it is opened, we are unsure of the safety. It could be due to a dent in the can which compromises the pressure inside the can. It could also be due to a bacteria or mold growth which has caused the contents to expand. When this happens, we typically recommend that you toss it rather than eating it.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Can I have my pumpkin and eat it too?
- Can you substitute cooking oil for shortening/lard in a cake recipe in equal parts?
- what is the best way to clean whole wheat? I am living in Korea and have purchased some wheat that appears to need cleaning, but I don't know how to do it/
- Can a Person safely eat the head of any venomous snake? If not, why?
- Would like to know how many drops in one ounce of water equals how many parts per million? Or quart ect.
- Is it safe to store food in their cans in the refrigerator?
- As I've grown older I've lost my appetite, can I get it back?
- How can I ensure that my drinking water is safe?