Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Is tomato soup and tomato sauce safe to eat if they squirt out of the can when they are opened?
Rate This FAQ
Usually when a can of tomatoes squirts as it is opened, we are unsure of the safety. It could be due to a dent in the can which compromises the pressure inside the can. It could also be due to a bacteria or mold growth which has caused the contents to expand. When this happens, we typically recommend that you toss it rather than eating it.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How can I make sure my eggs are safe?
- does 1 tablespoon make 2 teaspoons
- I found weevil in my flour, I have fruit flies, or there are other pantry pests in my kitchen, what do I do?
- Does anyone have any idea what a size #2-1/2 can is? I have an old recipe that calls for this size and I am lost! Thanks for your help.
- What is the nutritional value of pickled vegetables and how much vit C etc is saved?
- Do you have tips to help prevent dehydration?
- Do you have a safe tomato salsa recipe that incorporates green peppers?
- I want to cover and leave carrots in the ground during the winter. How do I keep mice out of them?