Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Is tomato soup and tomato sauce safe to eat if they squirt out of the can when they are opened?
Rate This FAQ
Usually when a can of tomatoes squirts as it is opened, we are unsure of the safety. It could be due to a dent in the can which compromises the pressure inside the can. It could also be due to a bacteria or mold growth which has caused the contents to expand. When this happens, we typically recommend that you toss it rather than eating it.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Do you have tips for safe home canning of tomatoes and salsa?
- How safe are home canned quick breads?
- How long can I keep leftovers in the refrigerator?
- The nectarines on my tree are not round and smooth; they are lumpy. Is there something I need to do for the tree?
- I want to cover and leave carrots in the ground during the winter. How do I keep mice out of them?
- I found weevil in my flour, I have fruit flies, or there are other pantry pests in my kitchen, what do I do?
- Can I use a wood cutting board?
- Are steam canners safe to use?