Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Is tomato soup and tomato sauce safe to eat if they squirt out of the can when they are opened?
Rate This FAQ
Usually when a can of tomatoes squirts as it is opened, we are unsure of the safety. It could be due to a dent in the can which compromises the pressure inside the can. It could also be due to a bacteria or mold growth which has caused the contents to expand. When this happens, we typically recommend that you toss it rather than eating it.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Do you have tips to help prevent dehydration?
- Do you have tips for dealing with lactose intolerance?
- Would like to know how many drops in one ounce of water equals how many parts per million? Or quart ect.
- How can I make sure my eggs are safe?
- The power went out, is the food in my refrigerator/freezer still o.k. to eat?
- How safe are herbal medicines?
- How do you read the code on canned goods to determine the expiration date?
- How long can I keep meat, poultry, vegetables, etc. in the freezer?