Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Is tomato soup and tomato sauce safe to eat if they squirt out of the can when they are opened?
Rate This FAQ
Usually when a can of tomatoes squirts as it is opened, we are unsure of the safety. It could be due to a dent in the can which compromises the pressure inside the can. It could also be due to a bacteria or mold growth which has caused the contents to expand. When this happens, we typically recommend that you toss it rather than eating it.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Do you have a safe tomato salsa recipe that incorporates green peppers?
- Can you substitute cooking oil for shortening/lard in a cake recipe in equal parts?
- How can I eat healthier at fast food restaurants?
- How safe are herbal medicines?
- How do I get rid of the flour weevils that I have in my kitchen without destroying all of my boxed mixes, etc. I know I've got to spray something but is there anything that will leave the food safe for consumption?
- I heard products with hydrogenated fats are bad for you. What are hydrogenated fats and can I eat them?
- Should I worry about pesticides on fruits and vegetables?
- How safe are home canned quick breads?