Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Is tomato soup and tomato sauce safe to eat if they squirt out of the can when they are opened?
Rate This FAQ
Usually when a can of tomatoes squirts as it is opened, we are unsure of the safety. It could be due to a dent in the can which compromises the pressure inside the can. It could also be due to a bacteria or mold growth which has caused the contents to expand. When this happens, we typically recommend that you toss it rather than eating it.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- The power went out, is the food in my refrigerator/freezer still o.k. to eat?
- Would like to know how many drops in one ounce of water equals how many parts per million? Or quart ect.
- I just prepared chicken and spilled juices on the counter, how do I sanitize the countertop?
- Do you have tips for dealing with lactose intolerance?
- The nectarines on my tree are not round and smooth; they are lumpy. Is there something I need to do for the tree?
- What's round and orange, has a wicked smile and great health benefits?
- How can I eat healthier at fast food restaurants?
- How can I ensure that my drinking water is safe?