Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Is tomato soup and tomato sauce safe to eat if they squirt out of the can when they are opened?
Rate This FAQ
Usually when a can of tomatoes squirts as it is opened, we are unsure of the safety. It could be due to a dent in the can which compromises the pressure inside the can. It could also be due to a bacteria or mold growth which has caused the contents to expand. When this happens, we typically recommend that you toss it rather than eating it.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Do you have recipes for cooking pumpkin?
- What is the effect of irradiation on food packaging, especially on p.v.c?
- How can I make sure my eggs are safe?
- Can a Person safely eat the head of any venomous snake? If not, why?
- How many tomatoes, potatoes, etc. in a pound?
- How safe are home canned quick breads?
- Do you have tips on cooking for one?
- How long can I keep leftovers in the refrigerator?