Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Is tomato soup and tomato sauce safe to eat if they squirt out of the can when they are opened?
Rate This FAQ
Usually when a can of tomatoes squirts as it is opened, we are unsure of the safety. It could be due to a dent in the can which compromises the pressure inside the can. It could also be due to a bacteria or mold growth which has caused the contents to expand. When this happens, we typically recommend that you toss it rather than eating it.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- does 1 tablespoon make 2 teaspoons
- Do you have recipes for cooking pumpkin?
- What is the nutritional value of pickled vegetables and how much vit C etc is saved?
- Would you answer some questions about food irradation?
- what is the best way to clean whole wheat? I am living in Korea and have purchased some wheat that appears to need cleaning, but I don't know how to do it/
- I found weevil in my flour, I have fruit flies, or there are other pantry pests in my kitchen, what do I do?
- How safe are herbal medicines?
- The power went out, is the food in my refrigerator/freezer still o.k. to eat?