Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Is tomato soup and tomato sauce safe to eat if they squirt out of the can when they are opened?
Rate This FAQ
Usually when a can of tomatoes squirts as it is opened, we are unsure of the safety. It could be due to a dent in the can which compromises the pressure inside the can. It could also be due to a bacteria or mold growth which has caused the contents to expand. When this happens, we typically recommend that you toss it rather than eating it.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- What is being done to promote healthy eating in schools?
- How safe are home canned quick breads?
- Do I need to use soap and water to clean fresh fruits and vegetables?
- How many Tablespoons in a cup, quarts in a peck, etc.?
- Are the berries on a Lodense Privet poisonous?
- Can a Person safely eat the head of any venomous snake? If not, why?
- What's round and orange, has a wicked smile and great health benefits?
- My turkey brining recipe calls for 4 juniper berries crushed in the brine. Can I use the berries from my yard shrubs for this purpose?