Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Is tomato soup and tomato sauce safe to eat if they squirt out of the can when they are opened?
Rate This FAQ
Usually when a can of tomatoes squirts as it is opened, we are unsure of the safety. It could be due to a dent in the can which compromises the pressure inside the can. It could also be due to a bacteria or mold growth which has caused the contents to expand. When this happens, we typically recommend that you toss it rather than eating it.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I purchased some sealed pouches of cornmeal in 1999. It has been stored sometimes in wrm climates nd for the last 3 years in a cool climatel Is it still good and useable? Thank you in advance. Jim Burkey
- I am going out of the country for a few years and will be unable to purchase powdered sugar and also tomato paste where I will be living. Is there a way I can make these things myself using very basic products?
- does 1 tablespoon make 2 teaspoons
- My turkey brining recipe calls for 4 juniper berries crushed in the brine. Can I use the berries from my yard shrubs for this purpose?
- I live in Provo Canyon and want a peach tree that grows big, wonderful, juicy, beautiful peaches (not so much for canning but for deserts). Do you have a recommendation?
- What is being done to promote healthy eating in schools?
- As I've grown older I've lost my appetite, can I get it back?
- I made an apple pumpkin butter and processed it as instructed for 10 minutes in a water bath. There are air bubbles that appeared after processing. The lids have sealed and there were no other problems. Should it still be safe to store and eat?