Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Is tomato soup and tomato sauce safe to eat if they squirt out of the can when they are opened?
Rate This FAQ
Usually when a can of tomatoes squirts as it is opened, we are unsure of the safety. It could be due to a dent in the can which compromises the pressure inside the can. It could also be due to a bacteria or mold growth which has caused the contents to expand. When this happens, we typically recommend that you toss it rather than eating it.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Can I use a wood cutting board?
- Do you have information on freezer meals?
- Is it safe to defrost meat on the counter?
- Do I need to use soap and water to clean fresh fruits and vegetables?
- I live in Provo Canyon and want a peach tree that grows big, wonderful, juicy, beautiful peaches (not so much for canning but for deserts). Do you have a recommendation?
- Will you please send me a recipe for pesto?
- How can I eat healthier at fast food restaurants?
- Can I have my pumpkin and eat it too?