Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Is tomato soup and tomato sauce safe to eat if they squirt out of the can when they are opened?
Rate This FAQ
Usually when a can of tomatoes squirts as it is opened, we are unsure of the safety. It could be due to a dent in the can which compromises the pressure inside the can. It could also be due to a bacteria or mold growth which has caused the contents to expand. When this happens, we typically recommend that you toss it rather than eating it.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- What happens if you make and use a product that had weevils? Will you get sick?
- When the calories are listed on a food product, is that "as is" being unprepared or is that prepared? For example, bacon might list a 2 slice portion at 100 calories?
- Are the berries on a Lodense Privet poisonous?
- Are steam canners safe to use?
- What is the effect of irradiation on food packaging, especially on p.v.c?
- Do you have tips on safe food handling techniques?
- Do I need to use soap and water to clean fresh fruits and vegetables?
- Do you have information on freezer meals?