Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Is tomato soup and tomato sauce safe to eat if they squirt out of the can when they are opened?
Rate This FAQ
Usually when a can of tomatoes squirts as it is opened, we are unsure of the safety. It could be due to a dent in the can which compromises the pressure inside the can. It could also be due to a bacteria or mold growth which has caused the contents to expand. When this happens, we typically recommend that you toss it rather than eating it.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Do you have tips to help prevent dehydration?
- what is the best way to clean whole wheat? I am living in Korea and have purchased some wheat that appears to need cleaning, but I don't know how to do it/
- How do you read the code on canned goods to determine the expiration date?
- My turkey brining recipe calls for 4 juniper berries crushed in the brine. Can I use the berries from my yard shrubs for this purpose?
- How do I keep my family from getting sick from food poisoning?
- I left a pot of soup out after dinner last night; I went to bed and forgot about it. Is it safe to eat if I boil the soup really hard for a long time?
- Do you have tips on how I can use cranberries during the holidays?
- Should I worry about pesticides on fruits and vegetables?