Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Is tomato soup and tomato sauce safe to eat if they squirt out of the can when they are opened?
Rate This FAQ
Usually when a can of tomatoes squirts as it is opened, we are unsure of the safety. It could be due to a dent in the can which compromises the pressure inside the can. It could also be due to a bacteria or mold growth which has caused the contents to expand. When this happens, we typically recommend that you toss it rather than eating it.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I found weevil in my flour, I have fruit flies, or there are other pantry pests in my kitchen, what do I do?
- Do you have suggestions for nutritious brown bag lunches?
- How can I make sure my eggs are safe?
- What is the effect of irradiation on food packaging, especially on p.v.c?
- I am going out of the country for a few years and will be unable to purchase powdered sugar and also tomato paste where I will be living. Is there a way I can make these things myself using very basic products?
- Can you substitute cooking oil for shortening/lard in a cake recipe in equal parts?
- Do you have a safe tomato salsa recipe that incorporates green peppers?
- I was wondering how long to cook a 15 lb beef roast in the oven & at what temperature. Do I need to add water? Cover with foil? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.