Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Is tomato soup and tomato sauce safe to eat if they squirt out of the can when they are opened?
Rate This FAQ
Usually when a can of tomatoes squirts as it is opened, we are unsure of the safety. It could be due to a dent in the can which compromises the pressure inside the can. It could also be due to a bacteria or mold growth which has caused the contents to expand. When this happens, we typically recommend that you toss it rather than eating it.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How long can I keep leftovers in the refrigerator?
- I live in Provo Canyon and want a peach tree that grows big, wonderful, juicy, beautiful peaches (not so much for canning but for deserts). Do you have a recommendation?
- Are steam canners safe to use?
- I am going out of the country for a few years and will be unable to purchase powdered sugar and also tomato paste where I will be living. Is there a way I can make these things myself using very basic products?
- My turkey brining recipe calls for 4 juniper berries crushed in the brine. Can I use the berries from my yard shrubs for this purpose?
- I purchased some sealed pouches of cornmeal in 1999. It has been stored sometimes in wrm climates nd for the last 3 years in a cool climatel Is it still good and useable? Thank you in advance. Jim Burkey
- I heard products with hydrogenated fats are bad for you. What are hydrogenated fats and can I eat them?
- What can you tell me about the new dietary guidelines?