Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can Blenheim apricots be grown in Cache Valley? If so, what problems might I expect?
Rate This FAQ
Blenheim apricot is popular in California, but it should be cold hardy in Utah, at least along the Wasatch Front. However, it has not been bread to have a delayed bloom. Late frosts are common in Northern Utah, and you may not get much fruit production out of it. I would recomend growing varieties such as Moorpark, Moongold, Sun-Glow, or Chinese (Mormon). Out of these, Moorpark has the best reputation for good flavor, but it is a poor canner. Moongold is good for canning or eating. Chinese is supposed to be the most cold hardy. Its fruit is good but is somewhat smaller than the other two varieties.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Please Help, my blue lake pole beans are not producing like they should, the blossoms are not sticking and those that do have matured into flat stringing beans or Big hard ones with white fuzz around the middle of the seed inside please help me I need my beans.
- My bush beans have holes in some of the leaves. What is causing this? What can I do to fix it?
- What is the best thing to do with seedlings that are too tall for the seed starting kits? I have cauliflower and tomato plants that are 'leggy' and now too tall, but not yet ready to go outside. I received last week an advertisement about that hybrid zoysia grass that needs little watering and little mowing. Is that for real and if so, would it work in our climate? Supposedly it is cold hardy to -30. If I think that I there are gophers in my yard, what is the best way to eradicate them?
- How can I control earwigs in my home and garden?
- I have an braeburn apple tree that we got from a local nursery last fall. the leaves were slightly curled after we planted it and i thought that it was just transplant shock but this spring it has not cleared up. All the leaves are curled up on the edges.
- Do you have any suggestions as to where to buy or how to make a truly sturdy tomato cage? The "standard" metal ones I have bought at garden centers have always tipped over when the plant has gotten big.
- Last fall I bought a daffodil mixture. They bloomed great this spring, but in October they have all started to come up. What's going on?
- Can you tell me how to get rid of the Star of Israel that is in your lawn?