Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can Blenheim apricots be grown in Cache Valley? If so, what problems might I expect?
Rate This FAQ
Blenheim apricot is popular in California, but it should be cold hardy in Utah, at least along the Wasatch Front. However, it has not been bread to have a delayed bloom. Late frosts are common in Northern Utah, and you may not get much fruit production out of it. I would recomend growing varieties such as Moorpark, Moongold, Sun-Glow, or Chinese (Mormon). Out of these, Moorpark has the best reputation for good flavor, but it is a poor canner. Moongold is good for canning or eating. Chinese is supposed to be the most cold hardy. Its fruit is good but is somewhat smaller than the other two varieties.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- We have Ray wood ash trees around our home and last year they were topped by hormworms. What do you suggest?
- I would like to plant a bunch of trees (hundreds) on a piece of dry farm high on a bench in Petersboro. The soil is clayish and watering is limited to hauling only. Can you recommend a tree or two that would be easy to start and would be fairly maintenance free once established. Any thing that will survive.
- We bought a house with horrible "goat head thorn" problem, all summer we have been pulling them out and collecting the thorny seeds as much as we can. We are now looking to plant grass seed. And are wondering what seed with grow faster than the goat heads, do well with high traffic (2 dogs) and in a semi shady area?
- I planted four Patmore Green Ash trees in my yard and they all have circular hole bite marks on all the leaves. I cannot see any insects on them. Do you have any idea what might be eating the leaves and how I can get rid of them?
- My newly sprouted green bean plants are getting small to medium holes in the leaves. Could this be from pests or the heavy rain in East Millcreek?
- I am going to overseed my west lawn. Do I need some type of covering (straw, peat, etc.) to help keep the seeds in place?
- I have mexican fruit flies that lay eggs and hatch larve in my apples and cherries. They are larger than reqular fruit flies and have black and white striped wings. When should I spray? What should I spray with?
- Why do we rake leaves? What would happen to my lawn and flower garden if I just left them on the ground and let the grass and perennials grow up through them? We currently mulch them with a mower and let most of them stay. Are we raising the elevation of our lawn? Are we doing good or bad to it?