Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
My greenhouse made of visqueen does not allow the sun to hit soil, causing the growth of algae on the surface. What must be done?
Rate This FAQ
Greenhouses are generally covered with a clear plastic covering to allow light in for plants to grow. Visqueen is dark and can capture a bit of heat but will not help the plants to grow. I would suggest that you replace the visqueen with a 7mm greenhouse grade clear plastic cover. The other alternative will be to provide a light source inside the green house.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- i bought my house in november it had no grass just a huge goat head problem. I have burned, scraped, and sprayed a couple of times. Three weeks ago I planted grass seed, my lawn looks great thick and about 4 inches tall, but now I have goat heads growing all over. Do you think 2-4-D weed killer would work without hurting my lawn or do you have another suggestion?
- Last year in June or July pesticide (Ortho Home) was used all over my yard...and in my garden. I didn't realize the dangers of pesticide, until after it had been sprayed/poured all over. Is it safe to plant a vegetable garden this year, or is the pesticide still present in my garden? Is there a way to get my soil tested to make sure it's safe? Thanks, Brandi
- I would like to dig up my geraniums and overwinter them. What is the best way to overwinter them?
- How can I tell if the spider I found is a hobo spider?
- Two questions; I have an dwarf Honey Crisp apple tree that is about 5 years old. Last year it had a dozen apples. I didn't disturb the fruit spurs when I picked the fruit. This year there were no blossoms on the tree. I didn't prune it at all. What can I do to help it produce every year? Second question; I have peach borers in the main branches of my nectarine tree. The tree seems healthy other than the borers. What can I do about them at this point? Will it help to dig them out? Will it help to spray? Will they winter over to next year?
- I just bought some property with what I think is a Bartlett pear tree. The tree seems to be in good condition but the fruit skin develops a coarse brown covering. What causes this?
- Our golden delicious apple tree drops fruit through the entire season. What are we doing wrong? It is located in our garden area and gets plenty of water. Thank you for your help.
- I have beautiful hosta and fern plants growing outside. How do I protect them so they will survive the winter? Do I need to dig them up and bring them inside?