Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I have a big problem with a little pest in my house. I would call them fruit flies, but they don't hang around fruit. They mostly bug me as I sit here at this computer, and often times in the bathroom by the mirror. How can I get rid of these tiny flies?
Rate This FAQ
It's difficult to know what kind of fly you have, but there are several nuisance flies that could be the problem. Fruit flies are usually brought into the house with fruit, then spreading throughout the house. Have you noticed a problem in your kitchen? Fungus gnats (sometimes called drain flies) could also be the culprit - have you noticed these flies around your houseplants as well? Please read this attached fact sheet - it may help you pinpoint your fly identification.
Let me know if you have more questions after reading this.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- We have flying insects black and red. long tail laying eggs in juniper trees. What are they?
- I had some trouble with Squash Bugs attacking my Spagetti Squash. Now my plants looks as if it may have Cucurbit Yellow Vine Disease (CYVD). Should I try to deteremine if its really CYVD and if it is, what do I need to do?
- We have flying, black bugs with orange/red spots by the eyes. They are all over our year old peach trees. Do you have any idea what they could be and how we can get rid of them?
- I have these little tiny beetle bugs. I suspect they are the mexican jumping bug thing. They are all over my tomatos, they eat the leaves until I wonder if the tomatoes will survive. What can I do to get rid of them? P.S. They eat my potato plants too.
- When do spray for the cotteling moths, Apple worms?
- I have large burrowing bees or wasps that live in my sandbox. They do not sting but are very annoying. What is the best way to get rid of them?
- I have millions of tiny black jumping bugs in my garage. They go in and out of the cracks in the floors, all over the concrete, walls, etc. I see very few in the day time; However at night millions everywhere. I have tried every spay I know of but nothing seems to kill them. Please Help.
- My raspberries and red and very sweet and now I have found thread-like worms on the fruit (about 2-4 in a bowl) when washing. What are they and how do I treat the fruits? They are black or grayish and threadlike and about 1/ to 2/3 of an inch long.