Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I am purchasing a 30 year old home with three large (15+ feet) blue spruce trees growing in the front yard. I would prefer not to cut them down, is it possible to transplant a large blue spruce in Utah? If so, who would do it and who would want them?
Rate This FAQ
For successful transplanting, an adequate size rootball with enough roots to survive the shock of transplantation is require. Also timing of transplanting is important to minimize shock. Transplanting such large trees is not easy. The rootball would need to be very large, at least 4 to 5 feet in diameter and very heavy (we are talking needing a bobcat or other heavy equipment to lift rootball. The cost would either be in labor to dig the rootball or finding a company that has a large enough tree spade that would be able to dig them up which is also costly (don't know exactly but at for all three trees, several hundred dollars) As for anyone wanting these trees, blue spruce are not high value trees at 15 feet tall, not likely.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How can I conserve water and still have a nice lawn?
- When is the best time to plant my grass in the spring? And how much fertilizer should I put on if any?
- My vinca minor has numerous yellow leaves this year. My husband keeps dumping water on it, thinking it needs more since it is yellow and at some instances brown. Are we watering it too much, or is it missing a nutrient that needs to be added? HELP!
- How do I get rid of wild morning glory?
- I notice groups of about 4 or 5 pine needles buried into the flower beds and am wondering what type of bug is pulling them into the ground in the fall. They do not get ther naturally because of the way they are sticking out of the ground. Half buried. I am just wondering what creature this might be and do I need to do something about it?
- Do you test soil?
- Do you have tips for making my yard more colorful this spring?
- There are brown spots in my lawn every summer, some are round and others are ribbon shaped. What can I do to prevent this problem?