Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Does Utah State University offer any beekeeping courses in the Layton, UT area? If so, what information is available?
Rate This FAQ
I don't know of any beekeeping courses in Layton. I closest I know of would be the Wasatch Beekeepers Association which meets at Jones Bee, 2586 South 500 West in Salt Lake, at 7 pm on the third Thursday of every month except July and December. See their info at www.wasatchbeekeepers.com. You could also contact USU Extension Entomologist Erin Hodgson at email: email@example.com. Erin was involved with an applied beekeeping workshop that was held in Colorado last July and there may be a similar workshop planned for 2009.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I had some trouble with Squash Bugs attacking my Spagetti Squash. Now my plants looks as if it may have Cucurbit Yellow Vine Disease (CYVD). Should I try to deteremine if its really CYVD and if it is, what do I need to do?
- We have lots of large, brown, fat beetles around our house this year. Any idea what they are, and if they are a problem for our plants and flowers?
- I have a house in Kanab with a lot of Desert Poppies and Blue Flax Grass that is pretty tall surrounded by Junipers in the front yard. I think I may have Noseeums. If so how do I get rid of them? I got bit up pretty bad last weekend working in the yard.
- I am interested in beekeeping, and am currently reading several books on the subject. All of the books have said, "contact your local extension office to find out about apiary organizations and to register your hives." I've looked all over your site and can't find anything on this subject for Washington County. Where can I find information on apiary organizations in this area?
- How do I get rid of nightcrawlers? My lawn is getting real lumpy.
- I have tons of ants outside my house. When I am weeding I run into them. I have put down some diazion and they are still there always in the same spots. Is there anything I can use outside to get rid of them permentaly. If I don't keep the diazion granules in my cracks in my garage they are always there to. I just want them gone.
- My daughter found a strange insect outside today. It 1 1/2 inches long and has the coloring of a wasp. The back part of the body looks like a very large wasp, but the front part and front legs look more like a praying mantis. Just wondering if you could tell us what kind of insect this could be. It was definitely interesting looking!
- I've lived in Spanish Fork all my life and have never seen a beetle like this before...and they're suddenly all over our yard! The adults are about 1/3" long. They are either yellow-green or blue-green on their backs, with a small band of light tan (almost white) all the way around the outside edge. They don't fly. We find them usually running across the driveway and I've found a few in the flower gardens as I'm weeding.