Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I would like to plant some fruit and nut bearing trees to assist us with our food supply. Are there some trees better than others?
Rate This FAQ
Below I have included a list of some of the fruit and nut tree varieties that do well in our area.
Apples: (requires cross-pollination)
· Royal Gala
· Red Delicious
· Golden Delicious
· Red Gold
· Stark Delicious
· Red Haven
· Gleason Elberta
Pears (requires cross-pollination)
· Utah Giant
Filberts(Hazelnuts) Need 2 varieties for good pollination
Carpatian English type Walnuts:
I have also included the link to our website where you can find more information on growing and caring for fruit and nut trees.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I had three Canadian Red Chokecherry (prunus virginiana L.) planted Oct 2007; 1 1/2" caliper, 13' tall. This spring, the leaves were a solid green; now they they are turning a purplish red. Is this normal?
- We bought a house that has quaking aspens around the perimeter of the yard. About half of them are dying or are already dead. What can we do to prevent the rest of them from dying, and what should we do with the dead trees?
- I have a large weeping willow tree in my backyard that has started dripping sap as well as loosing leaves. It appears that some of the larger branches are dying as well. Is there anything I could do to bring the tree back to life?
- How do I keep lady bugs out of my house? Also, how do I keep out Asian Beetles?
- Last May, I planted my living Christmas tree (5 foot Black Hills Spruce) after wintering it in a sheltered area with mulch. It was inside for only 3 days. It grew well all summer with little green buds until the first hard frost and then it died all at once. What happened? Was it the tree or the location? I live at 7,000 ft; the planting location is a little bit rocky and I don't want it to happen again. Thanks!!!
- We have a flowering Japanese Cherry tree that has bloomed beautiful pink flowers until last spring and this spring. Half of it is white flowers and half is very small pink buds. What has happened? It is about 15 years old.
- My bush beans have holes in some of the leaves. What is causing this? What can I do to fix it?
- What materials should I use to raise depressions in my lawn around retaining walls and sidewalks?