Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Last fall I bought a daffodil mixture. They bloomed great this spring, but in October they have all started to come up. What's going on?
Rate This FAQ
The warm weather is tricking the bulbs into sprouting now. There was that cold snap, that bulbs need chilling (for example if you want to force bulbs as indoor plants, you would need to put them in the refrigerator to mimic that "winter") before they will bloom. Probably won't actually have flowers come forth, before the weather turns cold again. The energy store in the bulb maybe be somewhat lessen from the "false spring" but they should still come up fine in the real spring.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- This year a majority of our tomatoes have brown spots on the bottom. Some of them as soon as they are ripe they have mold growing on them. Are these safe to eat an can or what do I need to do. We have about 8 or 9 plants. They are not producing that well. It seems to be on all of are tomatoes except for the grape. What can we do to get this problem taken care of?
- i was baking a chicken casserole last night. the power went out after about 30 minutes of baking. i put it in the fridge. then, i cooked it for 1 and 1/2 hours more when the power came back on 3 hours later. i put it back in the frige. is it safe to eat tonight?
- My petunias are horribly sticky - I assume thrips are in control although I have tried to keep them washed off (insecticidal soap) and sprayed with a systemic (orthonex). Is there anything else I might try? Would a dormant oil spray work, and if so when would I use it? Also, there are small worms that are probably chomping the blossoms. What would work to prevent or kill them? How do worms can get into my flower boxes, that are at least 6 feet off the ground?
- I need to have my yard/garden soil tested. Who do I contact? Besides weeds, I am not able to grow any vegetables, no matter how much weeding or watering I do.
- I planted my vines mid may before the endless rains. Now many leaves are turning black in spots. Will this correct itself as things dry out and warm up?
- I would like to dig up my geraniums and overwinter them. What is the best way to overwinter them?
- I have seen ads for canada green grass seed. It talks about it's resistance to drought, and the fact that is a very hearty grass. Do you have any info on this grass seed?
- Our lawn is very bumpy and hard to walk on. Are the quaking aspen tree roots doing this? Should we aerate the lawn or does this cause more problems with the roots?