Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Last fall I bought a daffodil mixture. They bloomed great this spring, but in October they have all started to come up. What's going on?
Rate This FAQ
The warm weather is tricking the bulbs into sprouting now. There was that cold snap, that bulbs need chilling (for example if you want to force bulbs as indoor plants, you would need to put them in the refrigerator to mimic that "winter") before they will bloom. Probably won't actually have flowers come forth, before the weather turns cold again. The energy store in the bulb maybe be somewhat lessen from the "false spring" but they should still come up fine in the real spring.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How to get rid of Goat Head Thorns?
- My apple tree is starting to blossom. I love the apples but they always get wormy. When is the best time to spray them and with what?
- I would like to prune my lilac bush. What is the best time of year to do so and how much can be cut back and not harm the bush?
- We want to plant a couple of trees in our front yard that don't get very big (about 10 to 15 feet high). Can you suggest any are not messy and don't send up runners? If you have literature on selecting trees, could you send me a link?
- My green peppers have black at the stems of almost every branch. Is there anything I can do to save them?
- We would like to remove the lawn from a large area around some 40-50 ft pine trees and cover the area with decorative bark. The roots are close enough to the surface in some areas that using a sod cutter would damage the trees. Would it work to just spray the grass with a killer, such as Roundup, and then put the bark directly on the dead grass? Would this affect the trees in the areas of the partially exposed roots? Any other suggestions?
- I would like to build some grow boxes for vegetables. Do you have any recommendations what type of wood or other material should be used for a grow box?
- In the past you've offered a lawn-problem analysis --- as I recall a sample was brought in to your office and a quick analysis was done --- is the program still active? What is the schedule?