Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I want to cover and leave carrots in the ground during the winter. How do I keep mice out of them?
Rate This FAQ
This is a hard situation. You could try covering the carrots with closely space wire hardware cloth and then cover the carrots with straw or leaves to keep the cold out. You can pull the straw back and dig carrots all winter.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How do you read the code on canned goods to determine the expiration date?
- Are steam canners safe to use?
- What is being done to promote healthy eating in schools?
- Should I worry about pesticides on fruits and vegetables?
- Can I have my pumpkin and eat it too?
- I purchased some sealed pouches of cornmeal in 1999. It has been stored sometimes in wrm climates nd for the last 3 years in a cool climatel Is it still good and useable? Thank you in advance. Jim Burkey
- I was eating a pear when I noticed a small white worm about 1/4 of an inch long with a black dot on the end or head of it . Am I going to get sick? I was able to see one but not sure if there were 2 and maybe I ate one. What should I do?
- How long can I keep leftovers in the refrigerator?