Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I want to cover and leave carrots in the ground during the winter. How do I keep mice out of them?
Rate This FAQ
This is a hard situation. You could try covering the carrots with closely space wire hardware cloth and then cover the carrots with straw or leaves to keep the cold out. You can pull the straw back and dig carrots all winter.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I purchased some sealed pouches of cornmeal in 1999. It has been stored sometimes in wrm climates nd for the last 3 years in a cool climatel Is it still good and useable? Thank you in advance. Jim Burkey
- Is there a way to can something that has cooked eggs in it (like lemon curd) and store it safely, unrefridgerated, like bottled jam. (Not just storing it for 2-3 weeks in the fridge.)
- Do you have tips on cooking for one?
- How safe are herbal medicines?
- How do I keep my family from getting sick from food poisoning?
- What can you tell me about the new dietary guidelines?
- Is it safe to defrost meat on the counter?
- Will you please send me a recipe for pesto?