Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I want to cover and leave carrots in the ground during the winter. How do I keep mice out of them?
Rate This FAQ
This is a hard situation. You could try covering the carrots with closely space wire hardware cloth and then cover the carrots with straw or leaves to keep the cold out. You can pull the straw back and dig carrots all winter.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How long can I keep leftovers in the refrigerator?
- Does anyone have any idea what a size #2-1/2 can is? I have an old recipe that calls for this size and I am lost! Thanks for your help.
- How long can I keep meat, poultry, vegetables, etc. in the freezer?
- I made an apple pumpkin butter and processed it as instructed for 10 minutes in a water bath. There are air bubbles that appeared after processing. The lids have sealed and there were no other problems. Should it still be safe to store and eat?
- Do you have tips for dealing with lactose intolerance?
- Do you have tips on food safety after a flood?
- How can I encourage nutritious eating habits in my preschooler?
- Would you answer some questions about food irradation?