Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I want to cover and leave carrots in the ground during the winter. How do I keep mice out of them?
Rate This FAQ
This is a hard situation. You could try covering the carrots with closely space wire hardware cloth and then cover the carrots with straw or leaves to keep the cold out. You can pull the straw back and dig carrots all winter.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Do you have tips on how I can use cranberries during the holidays?
- what is the best way to clean whole wheat? I am living in Korea and have purchased some wheat that appears to need cleaning, but I don't know how to do it/
- I just prepared chicken and spilled juices on the counter, how do I sanitize the countertop?
- Do you have tips for safe home canning of tomatoes and salsa?
- I purchased some sealed pouches of cornmeal in 1999. It has been stored sometimes in wrm climates nd for the last 3 years in a cool climatel Is it still good and useable? Thank you in advance. Jim Burkey
- How long can I keep leftovers in the refrigerator?
- I made an apple pumpkin butter and processed it as instructed for 10 minutes in a water bath. There are air bubbles that appeared after processing. The lids have sealed and there were no other problems. Should it still be safe to store and eat?
- Do you have tips on safe food handling techniques?