Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I want to cover and leave carrots in the ground during the winter. How do I keep mice out of them?
Rate This FAQ
This is a hard situation. You could try covering the carrots with closely space wire hardware cloth and then cover the carrots with straw or leaves to keep the cold out. You can pull the straw back and dig carrots all winter.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Do you have suggestions for nutritious brown bag lunches?
- Are steam canners safe to use?
- Do you have tips on food safety after a flood?
- Do you have tips for safe home canning of tomatoes and salsa?
- Is it safe to defrost meat on the counter?
- I heard products with hydrogenated fats are bad for you. What are hydrogenated fats and can I eat them?
- I purchased some sealed pouches of cornmeal in 1999. It has been stored sometimes in wrm climates nd for the last 3 years in a cool climatel Is it still good and useable? Thank you in advance. Jim Burkey
- Do I need to use soap and water to clean fresh fruits and vegetables?