FAQ

Question

Q

I had to cut down a large Globe Willow tree in my back yard as it was growing into the power line. I have heard that it is dangerous to burn the wood from a Globe Willow in a fireplace as it emits toxic fumes. Is this true?

Answer(s)

A

I know of no reason to avoid burning willow (of any kind) in a fireplace other than the wood is bery low in density, so it doesn't contain much heat. Go for it.

Posted on 21 Nov 2008

Michael Kuhns
Forestry Specialist

Other Questions In This Topic