Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I had to cut down a large Globe Willow tree in my back yard as it was growing into the power line. I have heard that it is dangerous to burn the wood from a Globe Willow in a fireplace as it emits toxic fumes. Is this true?
Rate This FAQ
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I put in my entire yard in Fruit Heights in late July. I noticed my maple trees are losing leaves, and showing signs of distress. I put sod up to the tree trunks, but I'm wondering if I should cut the sod back, and put mulch in so the tree roots can breath. Good idea? I cut back on the watering as well, which could have been a problem for drainage. Any help?
- When and how do I harvest my butternut and buttercup squash?
- I have two questions, can I use weed killer around pine trees with out harming them? What is an effective way to keep cats from using the lawn and the flower beds as a litter box?
- What is the best thing to do with seedlings that are too tall for the seed starting kits? I have cauliflower and tomato plants that are 'leggy' and now too tall, but not yet ready to go outside. I received last week an advertisement about that hybrid zoysia grass that needs little watering and little mowing. Is that for real and if so, would it work in our climate? Supposedly it is cold hardy to -30. If I think that I there are gophers in my yard, what is the best way to eradicate them?
- We have a weed in our hay field that is choking out the field in quite a large area. The weed has a hard stem with heart shaped leaves about 1/4 to 1/2 inch in size around the stem leading to seed pods that look like flowers that are hard and have a seed in them. The seed is red and the husk around them is green when the seed leaves the husk is white, stem is hard green and stick like.
- I planted a Chanticleer pear tree about two weeks ago (mid June) in Perry. I watered it everyday for about 5-6 days and have since cut back to 1-2 times per week. Many of the leaves are very dry and crumble when squeezed. Have I been over watering or under watering my tree? How often should I water it or is it already too late for my tree?
- When is the next date for spraying apple trees for codling moth?
- I planted a spanish fir in my yard just two weeks ago. It appears to be dying. How often should I be watering it? And how much water should I be giving it each time that I water?