Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I had to cut down a large Globe Willow tree in my back yard as it was growing into the power line. I have heard that it is dangerous to burn the wood from a Globe Willow in a fireplace as it emits toxic fumes. Is this true?
Rate This FAQ
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Our golden delicious apple tree drops fruit through the entire season. What are we doing wrong? It is located in our garden area and gets plenty of water. Thank you for your help.
- We have a weed in our hay field that is choking out the field in quite a large area. The weed has a hard stem with heart shaped leaves about 1/4 to 1/2 inch in size around the stem leading to seed pods that look like flowers that are hard and have a seed in them. The seed is red and the husk around them is green when the seed leaves the husk is white, stem is hard green and stick like.
- I would like to plant trees in my park strip, but have a gas line running through the middle. If I hand dig, is it ok to plant trees over the top of the line? What is the depth of gas lines?
- We recently bought a home in Salt Lake city. The parking strip has very hard soil and weeds mixed with grass. Should we till it under and start over or air-rate it, keep it watered and sprinkle some grass seed on it in the fall or spring? We planted a sycomore tree (Bloodgood London Plane) and I think we stressed it by overwatering. About 50% of the leaves look sun scorched, some very dry and other leaves are green, full and lush, will it snap out of it? Should I air-rate the ground with a pitch fork around it?
- Many of my potatoes this year have splits in them, but then the skins have grown over the splits, leaving a very uneven skin. Is there something I have done wrong? We have watered about every 4-5 days.
- I have old cottonwoods in my yard. Vines are growing up about 5-6 feet on them (honeysuckle, ivy or virginia creeper) They are dying about on a year for the past 4 years and I lost another one this summer. Are the vines killing them or could it be the age of the trees?
- My purple crown locust has never bloomed in the 5 years that I've had it and the past two years in the summer whole branches of leaves are dying off. Should I remove it and start over?
- My apple tree is starting to blossom. I love the apples but they always get wormy. When is the best time to spray them and with what?