Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
How close together can flowering pear trees be planted?
Rate This FAQ
You must take into consideration root zone as well as mature crown size when planting trees. The flowering pears will at maturity be 30 to 50 feet tall and 20 to 35 feet wide, 20 year old trees can be 50 feet high and 40 feet wide (source: Michael Dirr, Manual of Woody Plants).
So the answer would be 20 to 35 feet apart would be best and optimal spacing for roots and mature size.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- What are the differences and advantages or disadvantages of soil amendments? Specifically Perlite (expanded silicous rock), Vermiculite (expanded mica), Utelite (expanded shale).
- I think I have Johnsongrass invading my back lawn. I has sprayed the usual Crabgrass/lawn grassy weed killer on it and it is still taking over my entire lawn. What can I do?
- What materials should I use to raise depressions in my lawn around retaining walls and sidewalks?
- When and how do I harvest my butternut and buttercup squash?
- i bought my house in november it had no grass just a huge goat head problem. I have burned, scraped, and sprayed a couple of times. Three weeks ago I planted grass seed, my lawn looks great thick and about 4 inches tall, but now I have goat heads growing all over. Do you think 2-4-D weed killer would work without hurting my lawn or do you have another suggestion?
- Why do we rake leaves? What would happen to my lawn and flower garden if I just left them on the ground and let the grass and perennials grow up through them? We currently mulch them with a mower and let most of them stay. Are we raising the elevation of our lawn? Are we doing good or bad to it?
- Whenever I go into the supermarket in the summer time I see people picking out watermelons and talking about bee stings as indicators of a good melon, but I thought bees only sting when threatened and that the sting contains a venom. Is there any correlation between the marks on watermelon and bees? Adam
- I have a new laurel plant whose leaves have turned half brown. Is this caused by heat?