Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
How close together can flowering pear trees be planted?
Rate This FAQ
You must take into consideration root zone as well as mature crown size when planting trees. The flowering pears will at maturity be 30 to 50 feet tall and 20 to 35 feet wide, 20 year old trees can be 50 feet high and 40 feet wide (source: Michael Dirr, Manual of Woody Plants).
So the answer would be 20 to 35 feet apart would be best and optimal spacing for roots and mature size.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I would like to find out where I can obtain a list of the daily rainfall/precip totals for the Logan area.
- Where can I buy a kumquat tree in Utah? Will it survive living outdoors in SLC?
- Some of the bottom leafs on my tomato plants have turned brown and are dying. I have lost one plant and it looks like another may go soon. I am watering three to four times per week and I have been putting a liquid fertilizer on the plants about once a week. Any ideas about what I may be doing wrong?
- We have a weed in our hay field that is choking out the field in quite a large area. The weed has a hard stem with heart shaped leaves about 1/4 to 1/2 inch in size around the stem leading to seed pods that look like flowers that are hard and have a seed in them. The seed is red and the husk around them is green when the seed leaves the husk is white, stem is hard green and stick like.
- I planted a spanish fir in my yard just two weeks ago. It appears to be dying. How often should I be watering it? And how much water should I be giving it each time that I water?
- What is the cost for a soil test?
- I have thornless red raspberries that have been planted for three years. (I don't know the name of the variety.) The berries are very small - too small. Suggestions?
- I had to cut down a large Globe Willow tree in my back yard as it was growing into the power line. I have heard that it is dangerous to burn the wood from a Globe Willow in a fireplace as it emits toxic fumes. Is this true?