Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Is it safe to bottle butter? I went to a class and they said it was "canning butter" yet we didn't process it.
Rate This FAQ
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Can you use canned food such as soups and vegetables past their use by date and if so how far past can you use them. How long does home canned fruits keep their nutional value?
- Information for Canning at High Altitudes.
- How to store fesh oranges to last as long as possible?
- When canning dry beans is it necessary to rehydrate by soaking them before you can them?
- When and where do I go to have my pressure canner checked? How often should it be checked?
- How do I keep insects out of stored grain?
- I used the approved recipe for canning apple pie filling, including leaving a 1 inch headspace. However, after taking out the jars I noticed that filling had bubbled up out of the jars during processing. The lids seem sealed, but how can I be sure they are safe? Should I have left a larger headspace than 1 inch???
- I just prepared pesto today containing basil, pine nuts, garlic, italian cheeses, and lemon juice, pretty much in that order from largest quantity to smallest. For how long could I keep this in my freezer before the oil will go rancid or the pesto will otherwise be inedible. Seems to me that I kept some a while back for 6 months, and after eating it I got sick, though this could be coincidental.