Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Is it safe to bottle butter? I went to a class and they said it was "canning butter" yet we didn't process it.
Rate This FAQ
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Do I need to treat water before storing it?
- What can I store water in?
- Can you use canned food such as soups and vegetables past their use by date and if so how far past can you use them. How long does home canned fruits keep their nutional value?
- I know that I should add lemon juice to bottled tomatoes and tomato juice, but my husband hates sour stuff. Is there an alternative that isn't sour? Is there a recipe for 'V8' that is more palatable?
- I am trying to use flour that has been stores for about 30 years. It looks ok and tastes like flour but I have baked two loaves and they will not raise. they taste ok but how nutritional would they be?
- This is a food storage question. I have called Iams and Purina re cat food storage. They could not tell me how long I could store their dry food product in an oxygen free envirenment. I would like to store the food in 6 gallon buckets to which an oxygen absorber has been added. I have several members in my ward who are interested in this answer. Do you have any experience with this?
- I have tried pressure canning chicken 4 times now. I've done 2 batches cooked chicken and 2 batches raw chicken. All 4 times most of the water cooked out of the jars. Is this supposed to happen and is the chicken safe for us to eat?
- Where should I put my food storage?