Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Is it safe to bottle butter? I went to a class and they said it was "canning butter" yet we didn't process it.
Rate This FAQ
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I used the approved recipe for canning apple pie filling, including leaving a 1 inch headspace. However, after taking out the jars I noticed that filling had bubbled up out of the jars during processing. The lids seem sealed, but how can I be sure they are safe? Should I have left a larger headspace than 1 inch???
- I have a question about my pressure canned sliced peaches. I cold-packed sliced peaches covering them with a light syrup. Following instructions I packed them with 1/2 inch headspace and poured the liquid to 1/2 inch headspace. However, the peaches floated up so that they were not covered by the liquid during processing. I did run a wooden spatula down the sides of the jars and seemed to get all air bubbles out of the jar. I processed in the pressure canner according to instructions at 10 PSI for 10 minutes. When I removed the jars the liquid was boiling and there seemed to be a lot of air bubbles around the fruit. The jars were already sealed when I took them out of the canner after waiting 10 minutes after the pressure seal dropped. The liquid is down considerably - looks to be about 1 1/2 to 2 inches and the peaches are floating. There are air bubbles and air pockets. The seal is fine. Are these peaches safe?
- Is it save to eat weevil?
- Can you use canned food such as soups and vegetables past their use by date and if so how far past can you use them. How long does home canned fruits keep their nutional value?
- What protein content should my stored wheat have?
- I am trying to use flour that has been stores for about 30 years. It looks ok and tastes like flour but I have baked two loaves and they will not raise. they taste ok but how nutritional would they be?
- When and where do I go to have my pressure canner checked? How often should it be checked?
- I know that I should add lemon juice to bottled tomatoes and tomato juice, but my husband hates sour stuff. Is there an alternative that isn't sour? Is there a recipe for 'V8' that is more palatable?