Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Is it safe to bottle butter? I went to a class and they said it was "canning butter" yet we didn't process it.
Rate This FAQ
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I just inherited a pressure canner. It's pretty well used and I'm a little nervous about using it. I've never done pressure canning before. Is there a place where I can get it checked out for safety, and how do I learn how to use it.
- I grew up eating green beans which were pressure-canned at home. When my mother heated them for a meal, she brought them to a boil then removed the lid and let them boil for at least a minute with the lid off. She said this was necessary to be safe. Is it necessary or was that just something passed down from before pressure canning was available?
- I have a question regarding commercially canned tomatoes. I have read on your website that the nutritional value of vegetables may not be maintained after the expiration date. I have heard somewhere that tomatoes are an exception, and there could be a problem with the tomatoes that would not be able to be detected, and that they should just be discarded at the expiration date for safety's sake. Is this true?
- Can I get my pressure cooker tested? When and where? Thanks for a great service! jh
- I know that I should add lemon juice to bottled tomatoes and tomato juice, but my husband hates sour stuff. Is there an alternative that isn't sour? Is there a recipe for 'V8' that is more palatable?
- How much water should I store?
- I would like to find a recipe for canning apple pie filling that is safe for my elevation. I have looked through your web sites to no avail. Please direct me.
- Can you tell me what the adult form is for the weevil that I find in my flour and pasta?