Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I have a healthy looking aspen tree whose leaves turn brown and fall off in early September without ever turning colors. I live in Midway and Aspens do well here. Do you know the cause and can it be corrected?
Rate This FAQ
Do you notice any leaf spots or "weeping" holes on the trunk? Are the leaves on the tree very dark brown/almost black?
How old is the tree? Aspens typically live about 15-25 years in the landscape. (In nature, succors are constantly springing up to replace older trees.)
The easiest way for me to diagnose the problem is if you send clear digital pictures of the leaves, any holes or drainage spots on the trunk, whole tree, and any other distinguishing characteristics.
Here is a good link about aspen trees from Colorado State University. http://www.ext.colostate.edu/Ptlk/1701.html
USU Extension Ag/4-H
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Can we use rabbit droppings in our vegetable & flower gardens or is the acidity too high? How does it compare to manure?
- We planted apple trees last year. When do we spray for cottling moths?
- I have Morning glory though out my established lawn, how can I get rid of it?
- Our golden delicious apple tree drops fruit through the entire season. What are we doing wrong? It is located in our garden area and gets plenty of water. Thank you for your help.
- We moved into our 2-story home in Lehi 1 year ago. The tree out front (which I planned to have my husband cut donw) has doubled in height since then. I don't know what kind of tree it is...medium size, darkish leaves. How do we (and when should we) cut it down to prevent it from sending up suckers?
- I put in my entire yard in Fruit Heights in late July. I noticed my maple trees are losing leaves, and showing signs of distress. I put sod up to the tree trunks, but I'm wondering if I should cut the sod back, and put mulch in so the tree roots can breath. Good idea? I cut back on the watering as well, which could have been a problem for drainage. Any help?
- I mowed my lawn today (04/18/08) and noticed some dead "tracks" that I do not remember seeing when I mowed on Saturday (04/14/08). I thought that it might have been something from my lawn mower but it is a brand new Honda that I purchased 1 month ago. I have posted some pictures on my website and can be viewed at supersoygifts.com/grass.htm. Thanks for any info you can provide.
- I have a vine growing on my fence that has sparse dark blue berries and thick red stems. What plant is this? Image showing this plant can be seen at http://themodbod.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/ivy-to-use.jpg