Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I have a healthy looking aspen tree whose leaves turn brown and fall off in early September without ever turning colors. I live in Midway and Aspens do well here. Do you know the cause and can it be corrected?
Rate This FAQ
Do you notice any leaf spots or "weeping" holes on the trunk? Are the leaves on the tree very dark brown/almost black?
How old is the tree? Aspens typically live about 15-25 years in the landscape. (In nature, succors are constantly springing up to replace older trees.)
The easiest way for me to diagnose the problem is if you send clear digital pictures of the leaves, any holes or drainage spots on the trunk, whole tree, and any other distinguishing characteristics.
Here is a good link about aspen trees from Colorado State University. http://www.ext.colostate.edu/Ptlk/1701.html
USU Extension Ag/4-H
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I put in my entire yard in Fruit Heights in late July. I noticed my maple trees are losing leaves, and showing signs of distress. I put sod up to the tree trunks, but I'm wondering if I should cut the sod back, and put mulch in so the tree roots can breath. Good idea? I cut back on the watering as well, which could have been a problem for drainage. Any help?
- Can citrus and avocado trees be planted and grown successfully in Salt Lake County?
- I have an apricot tree in my backyard that is loaded with apricots. We have not sprayed the tree with anything, but I would like to use what I can of the fruit that is not 'buggy'. The apricots have red/brown spots on the skin, my research tells me it might be a fungus. Would the fruit be safe to eat if it was cooked and then canned? Also, I would like to transplant some of my fathers raspberry bushes, when is the best time to do that?
- We are putting in sod in our front yard - not a lot of traffic. Would like you opinion on if we should put in Kentucky Blue Grass or a biograss?
- It looks like something has bitten off whole leaves and blossoms from my tomato plants. They seem to be cut clean. What could be causing this and how can I fix it?
- I have a Bartlett pear tree that has black spots on the leaves and holes chewed on some leaves and a few curled up leaves. Could you tell me what to spray for these problems?
- What pesticides can I use for alfalfa weevil, and what are the best? Have Furadan and Lorsban been removed for this application
- My neighbors Aspen trees are sending roots into my yard. Is there anyway besides a barrier to discourage this growth?