Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I have a healthy looking aspen tree whose leaves turn brown and fall off in early September without ever turning colors. I live in Midway and Aspens do well here. Do you know the cause and can it be corrected?
Rate This FAQ
Do you notice any leaf spots or "weeping" holes on the trunk? Are the leaves on the tree very dark brown/almost black?
How old is the tree? Aspens typically live about 15-25 years in the landscape. (In nature, succors are constantly springing up to replace older trees.)
The easiest way for me to diagnose the problem is if you send clear digital pictures of the leaves, any holes or drainage spots on the trunk, whole tree, and any other distinguishing characteristics.
Here is a good link about aspen trees from Colorado State University. http://www.ext.colostate.edu/Ptlk/1701.html
USU Extension Ag/4-H
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have a new laurel plant whose leaves have turned half brown. Is this caused by heat?
- We have creeping mountain sorrel in our lawn and can't get rid of it. Do you have any recommendations on products that might kill it, or any other ways to get rid of it?
- We are putting in sod in our front yard - not a lot of traffic. Would like you opinion on if we should put in Kentucky Blue Grass or a biograss?
- Last fall I bought a daffodil mixture. They bloomed great this spring, but in October they have all started to come up. What's going on?
- I have several burning bushes and every year they start out great in the spring but later spring the leaves turn yellow, I have been adding iron to the soil around them and it seems to help a bit but it still happens every year. Could it be something else?
- We bought a house that has quaking aspens around the perimeter of the yard. About half of them are dying or are already dead. What can we do to prevent the rest of them from dying, and what should we do with the dead trees?
- The leaves on our maple tree get little spikes on the top of it and then dry up and fall off. Can you tell me the problem and how we may solve it?
- I have space for 2 fruit trees in my yard. I would like to plant an apple (red delicious) and a peach (red Haven). Are these the best varieties for my area, and how about cross pollination. My neighbor across the fence has a peach tree and I have a crab apple near by.