Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I have a healthy looking aspen tree whose leaves turn brown and fall off in early September without ever turning colors. I live in Midway and Aspens do well here. Do you know the cause and can it be corrected?
Rate This FAQ
Do you notice any leaf spots or "weeping" holes on the trunk? Are the leaves on the tree very dark brown/almost black?
How old is the tree? Aspens typically live about 15-25 years in the landscape. (In nature, succors are constantly springing up to replace older trees.)
The easiest way for me to diagnose the problem is if you send clear digital pictures of the leaves, any holes or drainage spots on the trunk, whole tree, and any other distinguishing characteristics.
Here is a good link about aspen trees from Colorado State University. http://www.ext.colostate.edu/Ptlk/1701.html
USU Extension Ag/4-H
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Chickens in garden before planting? Good idea? And get them on the lawn to eat any weeds?
- My neighbors have horses, and I need to create a wind break of sorts to control dust from their pasture. Please advise regarding trees shrubs I can plant close to fenceline for windbreak that the horses won't eat.
- I am preparing to sod my front yard in the next couple of weeks. I am looking for a grass that is hardy, drought and weed resistant. I also have a dog that can be somewhat hard on grass. I looked into Zoysia grass, but determined it wasn't a really great grass for this climate. What would you suggest, and where might I find it in Northern Utah?
- I am buying a home, and have no idea how to take card of a yard and plant a garden/flowers. Do you have or know of any classes to teach these things?
- I have grubs in my yard. Any suggestions?
- A landscaping company planted 6 jaquemonti birch in my yard at the end of May. Two of them recently began developing darkish brown leaf spots in the center. They are getting plenty of water. On one of the leaves I found very tiny black insects. I did not find insects on any of the other leaves. What could the problem be and what should I do about it. I picked the infected leaves off that I could reach. I also collected the insects.
- When do I spray my apple tree so my apples dont have worms in them and with what pesticide do I spray them?
- We have a weed in our hay field that is choking out the field in quite a large area. The weed has a hard stem with heart shaped leaves about 1/4 to 1/2 inch in size around the stem leading to seed pods that look like flowers that are hard and have a seed in them. The seed is red and the husk around them is green when the seed leaves the husk is white, stem is hard green and stick like.