Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
What kind of Strawberry plant do you recommend? I remember Crocket's Victory Garden recommending an ever bearing one for the New England area.
Rate This FAQ
If you are interested in ever-bearing strawberries 'Fort Laramie', 'Ozark Beauty' and 'Ogallala' are the recommended cultivars for our area. There are also several different cultivars of both June-bearers and day neutral types. Below I have included a link that lists all of the different recommended cultivars as well as some information on growing strawberries.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- We are putting in sod in our front yard - not a lot of traffic. Would like you opinion on if we should put in Kentucky Blue Grass or a biograss?
- My Black Walnut tree is leaking sap terribly. What's wrong?
- The grass under my english walnut tree is not doing well. What can i do to help the grass grow?
- I have a small strip (about 1-1 1/2 feet) in front of my brick house that needs to be separated from my front lawn. I would like to put bricks or something to keep the grass from coming through. What would you suggest to use to separate the two areas? What would you suggest to plant?
- I have two questions, can I use weed killer around pine trees with out harming them? What is an effective way to keep cats from using the lawn and the flower beds as a litter box?
- We created square foot gardens last year and have discovered the cat has used them for a litter box over the winter and spring. There isn't a large amount of feces,which we remove, but we are concerned that it may have contaminated the soil. Should we dig it out and start over?
- We recently purchased new sod for our yard. It came with small redish brown beetles. I asked the sod company what they were and they didn't know. Are these beetles bad? Will they kill my lawn?
- I would like to build some grow boxes for vegetables. Do you have any recommendations what type of wood or other material should be used for a grow box?