Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
We have a red Haven peach dwarf peach tree. It is really not growing as tall as advertised. If that is the case and we plant a standard size can we count on it not getting as tall as advertised? What are the best peach trees for Utah. I know our zone Starks have a few trees that are very hardy but they really don't brag about the taste and quality of the peach. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks
Rate This FAQ
There may be many different factors affecting the height of your tree, such as your particular environment, the soil, the sun exposure the tree is getting, or the individual genetics of that particular tree. Even though your particular tree is not the advertized height you should not count on every tree, especially standard sized trees from not reaching their full height. When choosing tree varieties and planting locations it is always best to plan on the tree reaching the full height listed.
The types of peach trees that are recommended for our area are:
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have successfully grown summer squash for many years, but this year the newer leaves on the plants (sunburst hybrid) are wilting and dying, despite (or because of?) the cool wet June weather we are experiencing. The more mature leaves seem to be okay. I cut one of the leaves off at its base and didn't see any evidence of insect infestation in the stem or on the leaf. The base of the plant also appears to be free of insect infestation. Do you know what might be causing the problem, can it be treated, or do I need to pull up the plants, and if so, can I put new plants in the same location (the rest of the garden space is already filled)?
- Is there another alternative to getting rid of ferry ring in a lawn than by removing the soil?
- Why do we rake leaves? What would happen to my lawn and flower garden if I just left them on the ground and let the grass and perennials grow up through them? We currently mulch them with a mower and let most of them stay. Are we raising the elevation of our lawn? Are we doing good or bad to it?
- I've just moved here from Maryland and I'm starting to landscape our yard. I've noticed that none of my neighbors use mulch in their flower beds. Why is that? I thought mulch helped to keep the soil moist as well as keep out the weeds. Plus you can till it back into the soil in the fall for aeration.
- How can I tell if the spider I found is a hobo spider?
- I would like to find out where I can obtain a list of the daily rainfall/precip totals for the Logan area.
- What are the differences and advantages or disadvantages of soil amendments? Specifically Perlite (expanded silicous rock), Vermiculite (expanded mica), Utelite (expanded shale).
- Can I legally drill a small water well (or two) under 30 feet deep in my back yard without a permit?