Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I had a small fly with speckled wings basically destroy my peaches this year, about the size of a small "housefly". They lay eggs through the skin that go to the pit and then if left hatch into small worm type larvae. They got into every peach, but did not start getting there until the peaches were starting to ripen. It at first looks like a small round spot, but with time rots the fruit and turns it brown. What are they and how do you get rid of them?
Rate This FAQ
Based on the information provided it appears that you have the “Walnut Husk Fly”. As the name implies, this is a common pest on our local Walnuts. However, when grown in proximity to a peach tree, the fly will also infest the peach fruit. Insecticides that offer control are Malathion, diazinon, or pyrethrin. Also, here is a very informative link for you to learn more. http://jenny.tfrec.wsu.edu/opm/displaySpecies.php?pn=160 Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have little black beetles in my home do you know what they are and how to get rid of them?
- We have a lot of pill bugs in our vegetable garden and strawberries. How can we get rid of them?
- Is there a beetle around Salt Lake City that looks like the big, black, fast-running roaches I remember from New Orleans?
- We have lots of large, brown, fat beetles around our house this year. Any idea what they are, and if they are a problem for our plants and flowers?
- I have a house in Kanab with a lot of Desert Poppies and Blue Flax Grass that is pretty tall surrounded by Junipers in the front yard. I think I may have Noseeums. If so how do I get rid of them? I got bit up pretty bad last weekend working in the yard.
- I am interested in beekeeping, and am currently reading several books on the subject. All of the books have said, "contact your local extension office to find out about apiary organizations and to register your hives." I've looked all over your site and can't find anything on this subject for Washington County. Where can I find information on apiary organizations in this area?
- I recently moved into a house. I noticed what I thought were little black ants didn't bother me I've delt with little black ants before. then I noticed that these little ants didn't have legs that stick out. then I noticed that they weren't ants. once in awhile I would see them when I swept the floor and occationaly I would see one or a few climbing up my wall. but now the really sad thing is they are all over in my Flour, My bags of rice and now i will have to throw it all out. What kind of a bug is it? it is about 1/4 inch long, very thin, and very black. Help me. And what do I need to do to get rid of it?
- We have a scorpion that just came up on our patio when our sprinklers came on. Is it normal to find a scorpion in Herriman? I have never heard of them here. It seems to be all white and very mean as it came after the people sitting on the patio rather than going away from them. We now have it in a bottle. This concerns me as I have a two year old and a baby who play out side. How do I keep them out of my yard?