Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Is Fall a good time to plant a new lawn? I am a 72 year old homeowner. My back yard (about 2000 sq feet) is barren except or weeds (which my daughter and grandchildren are busy removing).
Rate This FAQ
Fall is a good time to establish a new lawn, especially if you are going to be using a cool season grass like Kentucky Bluegrass, that likes cooler weather. Regardless if you are using sod or seed for your new lawn, you will want to give the lawn enough time to get established before it gets too cold. Below I have included a link to a publication that gives recommendations on the types of grasses that work well in our area.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I just bought some property with what I think is a Bartlett pear tree. The tree seems to be in good condition but the fruit skin develops a coarse brown covering. What causes this?
- We live in a suburb near the mountains and have a lot of deer wandering through our neighborhood eating our flowers and vegetable gardens. They are not afraid of people and walk through our backyard any time of day. What can we spray on the garden plants to stop them from eating them?
- I have built a terrace at the back of my garden and would like to start a grape arbor as a natural fence between my yard and my neighbor. What grapes would do well and how do I go about starting an arbor? What kind of fencing would I need?
- We want to grow aspen and scrub oak on our property. Can we transplant, if so how and when? Or do we need to grow from seeds? How often to water if we grow from seeds?
- We want to plant a couple of trees in our front yard that don't get very big (about 10 to 15 feet high). Can you suggest any are not messy and don't send up runners? If you have literature on selecting trees, could you send me a link?
- i was baking a chicken casserole last night. the power went out after about 30 minutes of baking. i put it in the fridge. then, i cooked it for 1 and 1/2 hours more when the power came back on 3 hours later. i put it back in the frige. is it safe to eat tonight?
- How can you tell if a fertilizer is a "slow-release"? What are the best NPK ratios for this area?
- What of the drought grasses mentioned Buffalograss, Blue grama, crested wheat grass or Sideouts grama grass, would most likely trigger allergy issues? Which one the least? Where to buy? Plant as sod? May we have instructions on "planting," care and maintanence, please?