Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Is Fall a good time to plant a new lawn? I am a 72 year old homeowner. My back yard (about 2000 sq feet) is barren except or weeds (which my daughter and grandchildren are busy removing).
Rate This FAQ
Fall is a good time to establish a new lawn, especially if you are going to be using a cool season grass like Kentucky Bluegrass, that likes cooler weather. Regardless if you are using sod or seed for your new lawn, you will want to give the lawn enough time to get established before it gets too cold. Below I have included a link to a publication that gives recommendations on the types of grasses that work well in our area.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I recently purchased a home in Sandy and there are chinese elms everywhere. Some of them are growing around gas and water lines. How do I get rid of them? Can I cut them down and poisen the root system? I also have a backyard that is completely overgrown with what I think is an annual bluegrass. I just want to rip all that out and plant seed in the fall. What is the best way to get rid of the annual bluegrass so it dosen't grow back next year? Can I just till it or do I need to do more than that?
- My peach trees seem to have something sappy oozing from the trunk, somewhere between the middle and top part. I thought borers were usually at the bottom of the trunk. Is it a spread of borers?
- What night-time temperatures are too cold for "tender plants" such as tomatoes, squashes, annual bedding plants, etc.?
- When is it too late to prune back the tops of peach trees that have gotten too high?
- The grass under my english walnut tree is not doing well. What can i do to help the grass grow?
- Can I use smoke bombs to kill gophers in my yard if I have a garden? Will the chemicals affect the vegetables I plant?
- I have two questions, can I use weed killer around pine trees with out harming them? What is an effective way to keep cats from using the lawn and the flower beds as a litter box?
- When is the next date for spraying apple trees for codling moth?