Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
About the end of July, some of my Hostas start turning yellow and eventually almost white. These get more sun that the rest. Is that the problem or do they need more fertilizer at some point.
Rate This FAQ
It sounds like your hostas are getting a little more sun than they would like. Adding fertilizer will not help the plant if it is already stressed by too much sun. You can help control the yellowing and fading by adding a thick layer of mulch around each plant that will help them retain water. Thick leaved and fragrant hostas usually perform better in sunnier locations. I have included a list of some varieties of hostas that are more sun tolerant.
'Sugar & Cream'
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Can I use smoke bombs to kill gophers in my yard if I have a garden? Will the chemicals affect the vegetables I plant?
- How do I eradicate an OLD ivy? This has a trunk like a small tree and vast growth on a wall. I'd like to put in a carport and have been hacking at this ivy but am concerned it will grow back. Can I paint the cut trunk to stop re-growth? Would a copper nail kill it? Thanks!
- We have a red Haven peach dwarf peach tree. It is really not growing as tall as advertised. If that is the case and we plant a standard size can we count on it not getting as tall as advertised? What are the best peach trees for Utah. I know our zone Starks have a few trees that are very hardy but they really don't brag about the taste and quality of the peach. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks
- We created square foot gardens last year and have discovered the cat has used them for a litter box over the winter and spring. There isn't a large amount of feces,which we remove, but we are concerned that it may have contaminated the soil. Should we dig it out and start over?
- I have small white worms in my turnips and radishes. How do I deal with this problem?
- My neighbors Aspen trees are sending roots into my yard. Is there anyway besides a barrier to discourage this growth?
- The leaves on my strawberry plants have turned a very pale green or yellow with some brown on the edges what do they need?
- How can I control earwigs in my home and garden?