Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Is there another alternative to getting rid of ferry ring in a lawn than by removing the soil?
Rate This FAQ
Some control methods that you may want to try for fairy ring are heavily aerating the affected area to reduce compaction; after aerating, water deeply to keep the lawn from drying out; keep your lawn's thatch layer under 1/2 inch; and you can help mask its appearance until it grows out by applying around the area and throughout the lawn. Below I have included a link with information about fairy ring.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have a peach tree that has yellow leaves. Some are dark green but most are yellow.The fruit is small. I live in Ceder Valley I have kept an eye out for bugs and water deep evey other week. could it be iron?
- I have red raspberries that produced very well this year. But now the old canes have turned yellow, brown and crispy. Is this normal or do I have a virus in them? Do I prune out old canes now or in the spring? And can I transplant starts to a new patch or should I buy new plants?
- What is the cost for a soil test?
- Are there master gardeners in the Millcreek Township area?
- A friend has recommended an Epsom salt solution for my garden plants. How are Epsom salts used here? I know they add mag to the soil if it is depleted but I didn't think they were used in alkaline soils... do they have any benefits? Will they help me grow blueberries etc., stuff that needs acidic soil? Research says that Epsom doesn't change the ph much but I know sulfur is good.
- The leaves on my snowball bush are withered and the flowers almost nonexistant. The neighboring lilac doesn't look to good either. What could be causing this problem.
- I live in Sanpete county. The winters are very cold and I frequently have winter kill of my roses, and perennials, especially on the South side of the house. Could you give me a basic "Yard & Home Winterization" list of things to do to prevent this and other winter issues?
- I would like to build some grow boxes for vegetables. Do you have any recommendations what type of wood or other material should be used for a grow box?