Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Is there another alternative to getting rid of ferry ring in a lawn than by removing the soil?
Rate This FAQ
Some control methods that you may want to try for fairy ring are heavily aerating the affected area to reduce compaction; after aerating, water deeply to keep the lawn from drying out; keep your lawn's thatch layer under 1/2 inch; and you can help mask its appearance until it grows out by applying around the area and throughout the lawn. Below I have included a link with information about fairy ring.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- We have a space along the north side of our house that is shady most of the day. We are wondering what we can plant there. It is right beside the house and we would like to put something that is edible in that space? We wanted to put in strawberries but decided it was probably too shady for them.
- My husband mistakenly put fertilizer with a broad leaf killer in it on our garden. Is there anything we can do to grow things this year? Everything has died sadly.
- I just bought a house and the yard is a mess. We have multiple varieties of grasses and weeds, dry spots, dead spots and rodent damage. I am a staunch do-it-yourselfer but the number of different problems to attack is overwhelming. Where is the best place to get educated or to get started? If I take a bunch of digital pictures of the various problems and plant types is there someplace I can take them to get good advice? Tru Green also came by and said we have grubs, but all they did was LOOK at the grass. I can pull up the dirt myself, but I don't know what to look for.
- We have a red Haven peach dwarf peach tree. It is really not growing as tall as advertised. If that is the case and we plant a standard size can we count on it not getting as tall as advertised? What are the best peach trees for Utah. I know our zone Starks have a few trees that are very hardy but they really don't brag about the taste and quality of the peach. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks
- I have recently had topsoil brought in to grow a garden and my vegetable plants are wilting as if something in the soil is affecting them how do I get my soil tested to correct this?
- Two Questions: 1. When do Gooseberries flower? 2. When is the best time to plant tulips?
- Are there master gardeners in the Millcreek Township area?
- I have a new laurel plant whose leaves have turned half brown. Is this caused by heat?