Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Is there another alternative to getting rid of ferry ring in a lawn than by removing the soil?
Rate This FAQ
Some control methods that you may want to try for fairy ring are heavily aerating the affected area to reduce compaction; after aerating, water deeply to keep the lawn from drying out; keep your lawn's thatch layer under 1/2 inch; and you can help mask its appearance until it grows out by applying around the area and throughout the lawn. Below I have included a link with information about fairy ring.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I would like to plant some fruit and nut bearing trees to assist us with our food supply. Are there some trees better than others?
- I am about to remove a hedge of box leaf euonymous because they were affected by scale that I was not able to control. Is it possible to plant the same species in this spot again?
- Chickens in garden before planting? Good idea? And get them on the lawn to eat any weeds?
- My neighbors have horses, and I need to create a wind break of sorts to control dust from their pasture. Please advise regarding trees shrubs I can plant close to fenceline for windbreak that the horses won't eat.
- I have a flame amur maple approx 5 feet high and has been planted since spring of '07. It has turned a very pale yellow color and has several branches where the leaves look like they have been burned. It is getting sufficient water. I've noticed that other flame maples stay green and I have read that it should. I don't know what is wrong with it. Help. It also did this last summer. I have applied some iron and it did green it up a little more but not much.
- When do I spray my apple tree so my apples dont have worms in them and with what pesticide do I spray them?
- I would like to put a barrier inbetween my lawn and my side yard where we have quakies to keep the suckers from coming up. What can I use and how deep do I put it into the ground? Also, they are next to my neighbors driveway, how far do the roots travel and should I barrier that side as well?
- We recently bought a home in Salt Lake city. The parking strip has very hard soil and weeds mixed with grass. Should we till it under and start over or air-rate it, keep it watered and sprinkle some grass seed on it in the fall or spring? We planted a sycomore tree (Bloodgood London Plane) and I think we stressed it by overwatering. About 50% of the leaves look sun scorched, some very dry and other leaves are green, full and lush, will it snap out of it? Should I air-rate the ground with a pitch fork around it?