Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
We bought a home in East Millcreek w/out any trees in the front yard. We really like the look of the Sycamore tree (with the mottled bark), but don't know if that is the best choice. Is it possible to get one that doesn't bear fruit (itchy-bombs, as we called it as children)? What other trees would you suggest as a large shade tree? Once we decide on a tree, I was planning on checking with all our neighbors to see if they want to plant the same tree so that 20 years down the road, we have a beautiful street. So, I want to plant something that won't make my neighbors despise me down the road!
Rate This FAQ
Selecting the right trees for your yard can be challenging. Sycamore trees are very interesting with the mottled bark but I do not know of a fruitless variety. Below I have included a link that has information on choosing trees for your landscape as well as information on what trees do well in our area.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Last fall I planted a 4-foot tall Arizona cypress (Blue Ice) in my yard. I bought it from a local nursery who assured me it was cold-hardy enough for this area, but by this spring most of the needles on the upper 2/3 of the tree had turned brown. The lower needles that were beneath the snowpack for most of the winter are still green. Is there anything I can do to help this tree recovery (or should I find a different tree that's more cold-hardy)?
- Do garden vegetables such as tomatoes and cucumbers require sun protection,(shade), during the hot part of summer?
- How do I keep lady bugs out of my house? Also, how do I keep out Asian Beetles?
- I would like to prune my lilac bush. What is the best time of year to do so and how much can be cut back and not harm the bush?
- We moved into our 2-story home in Lehi 1 year ago. The tree out front (which I planned to have my husband cut donw) has doubled in height since then. I don't know what kind of tree it is...medium size, darkish leaves. How do we (and when should we) cut it down to prevent it from sending up suckers?
- Two Questions: 1. When do Gooseberries flower? 2. When is the best time to plant tulips?
- What trees, perrenials, shrubs etc... grow best in Utah (landscaping yard)?
- What are the differences and advantages or disadvantages of soil amendments? Specifically Perlite (expanded silicous rock), Vermiculite (expanded mica), Utelite (expanded shale).