Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
We bought a home in East Millcreek w/out any trees in the front yard. We really like the look of the Sycamore tree (with the mottled bark), but don't know if that is the best choice. Is it possible to get one that doesn't bear fruit (itchy-bombs, as we called it as children)? What other trees would you suggest as a large shade tree? Once we decide on a tree, I was planning on checking with all our neighbors to see if they want to plant the same tree so that 20 years down the road, we have a beautiful street. So, I want to plant something that won't make my neighbors despise me down the road!
Rate This FAQ
Selecting the right trees for your yard can be challenging. Sycamore trees are very interesting with the mottled bark but I do not know of a fruitless variety. Below I have included a link that has information on choosing trees for your landscape as well as information on what trees do well in our area.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- We just planted a maple tree in our back yard and noticed today that almost every single leaf has large circular spots that appear to have been "eaten" out of the sides of the leaves. I've read about a tar disease, but I don't really see the tar on the leaves. What could it be and is there something we should do about it?
- I just bought a house and the yard is a mess. We have multiple varieties of grasses and weeds, dry spots, dead spots and rodent damage. I am a staunch do-it-yourselfer but the number of different problems to attack is overwhelming. Where is the best place to get educated or to get started? If I take a bunch of digital pictures of the various problems and plant types is there someplace I can take them to get good advice? Tru Green also came by and said we have grubs, but all they did was LOOK at the grass. I can pull up the dirt myself, but I don't know what to look for.
- I mowed my lawn today (04/18/08) and noticed some dead "tracks" that I do not remember seeing when I mowed on Saturday (04/14/08). I thought that it might have been something from my lawn mower but it is a brand new Honda that I purchased 1 month ago. I have posted some pictures on my website and can be viewed at supersoygifts.com/grass.htm. Thanks for any info you can provide.
- What trees, perrenials, shrubs etc... grow best in Utah (landscaping yard)?
- The leaves on my snowball bush are withered and the flowers almost nonexistant. The neighboring lilac doesn't look to good either. What could be causing this problem.
- We live in a suburb near the mountains and have a lot of deer wandering through our neighborhood eating our flowers and vegetable gardens. They are not afraid of people and walk through our backyard any time of day. What can we spray on the garden plants to stop them from eating them?
- I planted my vines mid may before the endless rains. Now many leaves are turning black in spots. Will this correct itself as things dry out and warm up?
- Are there master gardeners in the Millcreek Township area?