Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
We bought a home in East Millcreek w/out any trees in the front yard. We really like the look of the Sycamore tree (with the mottled bark), but don't know if that is the best choice. Is it possible to get one that doesn't bear fruit (itchy-bombs, as we called it as children)? What other trees would you suggest as a large shade tree? Once we decide on a tree, I was planning on checking with all our neighbors to see if they want to plant the same tree so that 20 years down the road, we have a beautiful street. So, I want to plant something that won't make my neighbors despise me down the road!
Rate This FAQ
Selecting the right trees for your yard can be challenging. Sycamore trees are very interesting with the mottled bark but I do not know of a fruitless variety. Below I have included a link that has information on choosing trees for your landscape as well as information on what trees do well in our area.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have an apricot tree that is so heavy laden with fruit that it broke a major branch yesterday leaving me with about a half bushel of partially ripened fruit. Can any of it be saved? What should I do?
- The grass under my english walnut tree is not doing well. What can i do to help the grass grow?
- My petunias are horribly sticky - I assume thrips are in control although I have tried to keep them washed off (insecticidal soap) and sprayed with a systemic (orthonex). Is there anything else I might try? Would a dormant oil spray work, and if so when would I use it? Also, there are small worms that are probably chomping the blossoms. What would work to prevent or kill them? How do worms can get into my flower boxes, that are at least 6 feet off the ground?
- I live in Salt Lake City Utah. Is late October too late in the year to hydroseed?
- I have built a terrace at the back of my garden and would like to start a grape arbor as a natural fence between my yard and my neighbor. What grapes would do well and how do I go about starting an arbor? What kind of fencing would I need?
- We are putting in sod in our front yard - not a lot of traffic. Would like you opinion on if we should put in Kentucky Blue Grass or a biograss?
- How can I tell if the spider I found is a hobo spider?
- The leaves on my snowball bush are withered and the flowers almost nonexistant. The neighboring lilac doesn't look to good either. What could be causing this problem.