Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Do habanero peppers ripen on the vine?
Rate This FAQ
Here is some info on picking unripe peppers. http://www.extension.umn.edu/info-u/nutrition/bj763.html.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Is there a way to can something that has cooked eggs in it (like lemon curd) and store it safely, unrefridgerated, like bottled jam. (Not just storing it for 2-3 weeks in the fridge.)
- I left a pot of soup out after dinner last night; I went to bed and forgot about it. Is it safe to eat if I boil the soup really hard for a long time?
- How long can I keep meat, poultry, vegetables, etc. in the freezer?
- I made an apple pumpkin butter and processed it as instructed for 10 minutes in a water bath. There are air bubbles that appeared after processing. The lids have sealed and there were no other problems. Should it still be safe to store and eat?
- I have a recipe for chili sauce that has tomatoes, onion, sugar, and spices. After it has cooked down, I just put it in hot jars and put the canning lids on. Is that okay, or do I need to process in a boiling water bath?
- How do you read the code on canned goods to determine the expiration date?
- I'm in the middle of baking cookies, the recipe calls for baking powder and I am out. Is there a substitute?
- What is the nutritional value of pickled vegetables and how much vit C etc is saved?