Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I was eating a pear when I noticed a small white worm about 1/4 of an inch long with a black dot on the end or head of it . Am I going to get sick? I was able to see one but not sure if there were 2 and maybe I ate one. What should I do?
Rate This FAQ
Since I am not an entomologist, I cannot tell you the specific pest you've encountered. I can say that I am unaware of any fruit pests that are toxic. Insect parts are common in foods and are considered a quality issue and rarely a safety issue. I would not worry at all.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Do you have tips for safe home canning of tomatoes and salsa?
- How do I keep my family from getting sick from food poisoning?
- Should I worry about pesticides on fruits and vegetables?
- Is it safe to defrost meat on the counter?
- I want to cover and leave carrots in the ground during the winter. How do I keep mice out of them?
- does 1 tablespoon make 2 teaspoons
- How can I ensure that my drinking water is safe?
- Do habanero peppers ripen on the vine?