Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I was eating a pear when I noticed a small white worm about 1/4 of an inch long with a black dot on the end or head of it . Am I going to get sick? I was able to see one but not sure if there were 2 and maybe I ate one. What should I do?
Rate This FAQ
Since I am not an entomologist, I cannot tell you the specific pest you've encountered. I can say that I am unaware of any fruit pests that are toxic. Insect parts are common in foods and are considered a quality issue and rarely a safety issue. I would not worry at all.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- does 1 tablespoon make 2 teaspoons
- How can I make sure my eggs are safe?
- How long can I keep meat, poultry, vegetables, etc. in the freezer?
- Is it safe to defrost meat on the counter?
- I found weevil in my flour, I have fruit flies, or there are other pantry pests in my kitchen, what do I do?
- What happens if you make and use a product that had weevils? Will you get sick?
- How safe are home canned quick breads?
- How do I keep my family from getting sick from food poisoning?