Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I was eating a pear when I noticed a small white worm about 1/4 of an inch long with a black dot on the end or head of it . Am I going to get sick? I was able to see one but not sure if there were 2 and maybe I ate one. What should I do?
Rate This FAQ
Since I am not an entomologist, I cannot tell you the specific pest you've encountered. I can say that I am unaware of any fruit pests that are toxic. Insect parts are common in foods and are considered a quality issue and rarely a safety issue. I would not worry at all.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I am going out of the country for a few years and will be unable to purchase powdered sugar and also tomato paste where I will be living. Is there a way I can make these things myself using very basic products?
- Do you have information on freezer meals?
- The nectarines on my tree are not round and smooth; they are lumpy. Is there something I need to do for the tree?
- How can I eat healthier at fast food restaurants?
- Is there a way to can something that has cooked eggs in it (like lemon curd) and store it safely, unrefridgerated, like bottled jam. (Not just storing it for 2-3 weeks in the fridge.)
- Does anyone have any idea what a size #2-1/2 can is? I have an old recipe that calls for this size and I am lost! Thanks for your help.
- I'm in the middle of baking cookies, the recipe calls for baking powder and I am out. Is there a substitute?
- How do I keep my family from getting sick from food poisoning?