Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I was eating a pear when I noticed a small white worm about 1/4 of an inch long with a black dot on the end or head of it . Am I going to get sick? I was able to see one but not sure if there were 2 and maybe I ate one. What should I do?
Rate This FAQ
Since I am not an entomologist, I cannot tell you the specific pest you've encountered. I can say that I am unaware of any fruit pests that are toxic. Insect parts are common in foods and are considered a quality issue and rarely a safety issue. I would not worry at all.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How do I keep my family from getting sick from food poisoning?
- Do you have tips on food safety after a flood?
- Do you have suggestions for nutritious brown bag lunches?
- Do you have tips for dealing with lactose intolerance?
- Will you please send me a recipe for pesto?
- Would like to know how many drops in one ounce of water equals how many parts per million? Or quart ect.
- How can I ensure that my drinking water is safe?
- Do you have tips for high altitude baking?