Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I was eating a pear when I noticed a small white worm about 1/4 of an inch long with a black dot on the end or head of it . Am I going to get sick? I was able to see one but not sure if there were 2 and maybe I ate one. What should I do?
Rate This FAQ
Since I am not an entomologist, I cannot tell you the specific pest you've encountered. I can say that I am unaware of any fruit pests that are toxic. Insect parts are common in foods and are considered a quality issue and rarely a safety issue. I would not worry at all.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- What is the effect of irradiation on food packaging, especially on p.v.c?
- Do you have tips on food safety after a flood?
- Do you have tips on cooking for one?
- What can you tell me about the new dietary guidelines?
- Do you have tips for high altitude baking?
- The power went out, is the food in my refrigerator/freezer still o.k. to eat?
- Do you have tips for dealing with lactose intolerance?
- Should I worry about pesticides on fruits and vegetables?