Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I was eating a pear when I noticed a small white worm about 1/4 of an inch long with a black dot on the end or head of it . Am I going to get sick? I was able to see one but not sure if there were 2 and maybe I ate one. What should I do?
Rate This FAQ
Since I am not an entomologist, I cannot tell you the specific pest you've encountered. I can say that I am unaware of any fruit pests that are toxic. Insect parts are common in foods and are considered a quality issue and rarely a safety issue. I would not worry at all.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Do you have a safe tomato salsa recipe that incorporates green peppers?
- Do you have tips for safe home canning of tomatoes and salsa?
- How safe are herbal medicines?
- How can I make sure my eggs are safe?
- Do you have suggestions for nutritious brown bag lunches?
- I am making candy and it isn't working. I heard you need to make an altitude adjustment to your thermometer, how do I do that?
- Will you please send me a recipe for pesto?
- I just prepared chicken and spilled juices on the counter, how do I sanitize the countertop?