Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I was eating a pear when I noticed a small white worm about 1/4 of an inch long with a black dot on the end or head of it . Am I going to get sick? I was able to see one but not sure if there were 2 and maybe I ate one. What should I do?
Rate This FAQ
Since I am not an entomologist, I cannot tell you the specific pest you've encountered. I can say that I am unaware of any fruit pests that are toxic. Insect parts are common in foods and are considered a quality issue and rarely a safety issue. I would not worry at all.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I live in Provo Canyon and want a peach tree that grows big, wonderful, juicy, beautiful peaches (not so much for canning but for deserts). Do you have a recommendation?
- Do I need to use soap and water to clean fresh fruits and vegetables?
- The power went out, is the food in my refrigerator/freezer still o.k. to eat?
- Is it safe to store food in their cans in the refrigerator?
- Are Artificial Sweeteners Safe?
- Do you have tips on cooking for one?
- How do I keep my family from getting sick from food poisoning?
- I heard products with hydrogenated fats are bad for you. What are hydrogenated fats and can I eat them?