Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I was eating a pear when I noticed a small white worm about 1/4 of an inch long with a black dot on the end or head of it . Am I going to get sick? I was able to see one but not sure if there were 2 and maybe I ate one. What should I do?
Rate This FAQ
Since I am not an entomologist, I cannot tell you the specific pest you've encountered. I can say that I am unaware of any fruit pests that are toxic. Insect parts are common in foods and are considered a quality issue and rarely a safety issue. I would not worry at all.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I just prepared chicken and spilled juices on the counter, how do I sanitize the countertop?
- I'm in the middle of baking cookies, the recipe calls for baking powder and I am out. Is there a substitute?
- How do you read the code on canned goods to determine the expiration date?
- Do you have tips to help prevent dehydration?
- What happens if you make and use a product that had weevils? Will you get sick?
- Do you have tips on how I can use cranberries during the holidays?
- How can I ensure that my drinking water is safe?
- The power went out, is the food in my refrigerator/freezer still o.k. to eat?