Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I was eating a pear when I noticed a small white worm about 1/4 of an inch long with a black dot on the end or head of it . Am I going to get sick? I was able to see one but not sure if there were 2 and maybe I ate one. What should I do?
Rate This FAQ
Since I am not an entomologist, I cannot tell you the specific pest you've encountered. I can say that I am unaware of any fruit pests that are toxic. Insect parts are common in foods and are considered a quality issue and rarely a safety issue. I would not worry at all.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have uncooked steak that's been in the fridge for about 1 week. Is it safe to cook & eat it now?
- Do I need to use soap and water to clean fresh fruits and vegetables?
- My turkey brining recipe calls for 4 juniper berries crushed in the brine. Can I use the berries from my yard shrubs for this purpose?
- Is tomato soup and tomato sauce safe to eat if they squirt out of the can when they are opened?
- How can I ensure that my drinking water is safe?
- Can I use a wood cutting board?
- What is the nutritional value of pickled vegetables and how much vit C etc is saved?
- As I've grown older I've lost my appetite, can I get it back?