Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I was eating a pear when I noticed a small white worm about 1/4 of an inch long with a black dot on the end or head of it . Am I going to get sick? I was able to see one but not sure if there were 2 and maybe I ate one. What should I do?
Rate This FAQ
Since I am not an entomologist, I cannot tell you the specific pest you've encountered. I can say that I am unaware of any fruit pests that are toxic. Insect parts are common in foods and are considered a quality issue and rarely a safety issue. I would not worry at all.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Do you have suggestions for nutritious brown bag lunches?
- As I've grown older I've lost my appetite, can I get it back?
- Do you have tips for high altitude baking?
- Do you have tips on how I can use cranberries during the holidays?
- How long can I keep meat, poultry, vegetables, etc. in the freezer?
- What happens if you make and use a product that had weevils? Will you get sick?
- Is tomato soup and tomato sauce safe to eat if they squirt out of the can when they are opened?
- What is being done to promote healthy eating in schools?