Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
The nectarines on my tree are not round and smooth; they are lumpy. Is there something I need to do for the tree?
Rate This FAQ
The lumps on your nectarines are probably the result of earlier insect damage--probably a sucking insect like stink bugs or lygus bugs. Corryneum blight can cause small bumps, more like freckles or little moles, but my guess is insects. You can spray your tree in the spring with a dormant oil before the blossoms open. That will cut down on the number of insects, but not cut them out entirely. We have a booklet called "The Home Orchard Pest Management Guide" that you can buy, which gives lots of good guidelines for when and what to spray. You can also get on an email list that will notify you of when and what to spray. To be on that list, send an email to email@example.com and ask to be put on the tree fruit advisory list. She also has one called "Landscape Advisory" and one called "Small Fruits & Vegetables" You can be put on all 3 if you choose.
If you have further questions, you can call us at 851-8462
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I found weevil in my flour, I have fruit flies, or there are other pantry pests in my kitchen, what do I do?
- I left a pot of soup out after dinner last night; I went to bed and forgot about it. Is it safe to eat if I boil the soup really hard for a long time?
- Can I have my pumpkin and eat it too?
- I was eating a pear when I noticed a small white worm about 1/4 of an inch long with a black dot on the end or head of it . Am I going to get sick? I was able to see one but not sure if there were 2 and maybe I ate one. What should I do?
- I made an apple pumpkin butter and processed it as instructed for 10 minutes in a water bath. There are air bubbles that appeared after processing. The lids have sealed and there were no other problems. Should it still be safe to store and eat?
- what is the best way to clean whole wheat? I am living in Korea and have purchased some wheat that appears to need cleaning, but I don't know how to do it/
- I heard products with hydrogenated fats are bad for you. What are hydrogenated fats and can I eat them?
- I'm in the middle of baking cookies, the recipe calls for baking powder and I am out. Is there a substitute?