Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
The nectarines on my tree are not round and smooth; they are lumpy. Is there something I need to do for the tree?
Rate This FAQ
The lumps on your nectarines are probably the result of earlier insect damage--probably a sucking insect like stink bugs or lygus bugs. Corryneum blight can cause small bumps, more like freckles or little moles, but my guess is insects. You can spray your tree in the spring with a dormant oil before the blossoms open. That will cut down on the number of insects, but not cut them out entirely. We have a booklet called "The Home Orchard Pest Management Guide" that you can buy, which gives lots of good guidelines for when and what to spray. You can also get on an email list that will notify you of when and what to spray. To be on that list, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to be put on the tree fruit advisory list. She also has one called "Landscape Advisory" and one called "Small Fruits & Vegetables" You can be put on all 3 if you choose.
If you have further questions, you can call us at 851-8462
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How long can I keep leftovers in the refrigerator?
- Would like to know how many drops in one ounce of water equals how many parts per million? Or quart ect.
- does 1 tablespoon make 2 teaspoons
- How can I ensure that my drinking water is safe?
- I have uncooked steak that's been in the fridge for about 1 week. Is it safe to cook & eat it now?
- Is there a way to can something that has cooked eggs in it (like lemon curd) and store it safely, unrefridgerated, like bottled jam. (Not just storing it for 2-3 weeks in the fridge.)
- I have a recipe for chili sauce that has tomatoes, onion, sugar, and spices. After it has cooked down, I just put it in hot jars and put the canning lids on. Is that okay, or do I need to process in a boiling water bath?
- I left a pot of soup out after dinner last night; I went to bed and forgot about it. Is it safe to eat if I boil the soup really hard for a long time?