Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
The nectarines on my tree are not round and smooth; they are lumpy. Is there something I need to do for the tree?
Rate This FAQ
The lumps on your nectarines are probably the result of earlier insect damage--probably a sucking insect like stink bugs or lygus bugs. Corryneum blight can cause small bumps, more like freckles or little moles, but my guess is insects. You can spray your tree in the spring with a dormant oil before the blossoms open. That will cut down on the number of insects, but not cut them out entirely. We have a booklet called "The Home Orchard Pest Management Guide" that you can buy, which gives lots of good guidelines for when and what to spray. You can also get on an email list that will notify you of when and what to spray. To be on that list, send an email to email@example.com and ask to be put on the tree fruit advisory list. She also has one called "Landscape Advisory" and one called "Small Fruits & Vegetables" You can be put on all 3 if you choose.
If you have further questions, you can call us at 851-8462
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Is tomato soup and tomato sauce safe to eat if they squirt out of the can when they are opened?
- I live in Provo Canyon and want a peach tree that grows big, wonderful, juicy, beautiful peaches (not so much for canning but for deserts). Do you have a recommendation?
- I want to cover and leave carrots in the ground during the winter. How do I keep mice out of them?
- How many tomatoes, potatoes, etc. in a pound?
- Do you have suggestions for nutritious brown bag lunches?
- I am making candy and it isn't working. I heard you need to make an altitude adjustment to your thermometer, how do I do that?
- I baked a German Chocolate cake yesterday that after baking and cooling slightly, you poke holes and put sweetened condensed milk in the holes, then you put a jar of butterscotch caramel topping on. I forgot to put it in the refrigerator before going to bed. Is is okay to eat? It doesn't have the Cool Whip on top yet.
- How many Tablespoons in a cup, quarts in a peck, etc.?