Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Please Help, my blue lake pole beans are not producing like they should, the blossoms are not sticking and those that do have matured into flat stringing beans or Big hard ones with white fuzz around the middle of the seed inside please help me I need my beans.
Rate This FAQ
There are several reasons that your beans may not be producing. 1) If you let your beans mature (the big hard ones you mentioned), the plant will stop making more beans. 2) If your beans are planted too close together, the production goes way down. 3) Beans prefer temperatures between 70-80. If the maximum temperature is consistently over 85, the flowers will drop off without setting pods. Heat can also cause the blossoms to deteriorate on the plant without acturally dropping off. Hot dry winds also aggravate this situation. 4)Extremes in soil moisture. Plants growing in soil that is too wet or too dry are stressed by a lack of oxygen and water. Weakened plants produce few pods the mold on your pods is a fungus. Fungi often attack weak plant parts, such as blossoms. Once established on a plant, the disease can spread to healthy plants by wind or splashing water. Remove and destroy all diseased plants. Avoid wetting the foliage and do not plant beans in the affected area for 3-4 years.
If you have further questions, you can call us at 851-8462
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Hi, I just recently bought a house in Taylorsville in a older neighborhood. I have noticed some clover that is sort of a deep purplish color coming up all through my yard. What is it and how can I get rid of it?
- I have some cucumbers I bought from the nursery in a small container about 3 weeks ago. I transplanted them to a larger container. I move them in the garage at night and back out to the driveway during the day. The leaves and stems are turning light green and have dry white places on them. Are they getting sun scalded, am I watering them too much, not enough fertilizer?
- I have two questions, can I use weed killer around pine trees with out harming them? What is an effective way to keep cats from using the lawn and the flower beds as a litter box?
- I have a vine growing on my fence that has sparse dark blue berries and thick red stems. What plant is this? Image showing this plant can be seen at http://themodbod.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/ivy-to-use.jpg
- Now that it's August, how often should we water our lawn (rock/clay soil); for how long; when (late pm early am); and when do we NOT water? My husband waters every day separate areas (front one day; back the next = X3/week), for approx. 35 min. each station. I say this is TOO much water(ing).
- My Black Walnut tree is leaking sap terribly. What's wrong?
- When is the next date for spraying apple trees for codling moth?
- Can I legally drill a small water well (or two) under 30 feet deep in my back yard without a permit?