Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
We want to plant a couple of trees in our front yard that don't get very big (about 10 to 15 feet high). Can you suggest any are not messy and don't send up runners? If you have literature on selecting trees, could you send me a link?
Rate This FAQ
Most trees in the 10-15’ range are going to be the flowering ornamental trees. Just off the top of my head; Weeping cherries reach 12-18’ tall, Lollipop, and Coralburst are smaller selections of crabapples (with persistent fruit) that will be in the 10-12’ range and have beautiful flowers in the spring, and Big Sis is a smaller purple leaf plum that stays smaller as well. This is just a short list of possibilities. I would recommend contacting your local nursery or garden center for some more ideas or please feel free to contact me with any further questions
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have some cucumbers I bought from the nursery in a small container about 3 weeks ago. I transplanted them to a larger container. I move them in the garage at night and back out to the driveway during the day. The leaves and stems are turning light green and have dry white places on them. Are they getting sun scalded, am I watering them too much, not enough fertilizer?
- This year we planted our first home garden. It was a lot of fun, but we need to know what to do to make it better next year. Specifically: our plants grew VERY large, but did not yield much fruit. What fruit we did get was typically small and misshapen. We did not fertilize, except some nitrogen along with dead lawn clippings last fall. What should we do this fall to get the soils ready for more fruit and less leaves next year?
- How many gallons per hour are needed for mature fruit trees? Also how many times a week and how long each time should trees be watered?
- When is it too late to prune back the tops of peach trees that have gotten too high?
- I have a Saucer Magnolia Tree. I purchased it about 4 years ago, every year I see no growth. It has bloomed every year. But it just seems like I would see some growth? This year the leaves are yellow. I have a picture. Am I missing something? What can I do?
- Many of my potatoes this year have splits in them, but then the skins have grown over the splits, leaving a very uneven skin. Is there something I have done wrong? We have watered about every 4-5 days.
- I would like to prune my lilac bush. What is the best time of year to do so and how much can be cut back and not harm the bush?
- Please send me a list of what is recommended for gardening vegetables as far as the soil is concerned.