Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
We want to plant a couple of trees in our front yard that don't get very big (about 10 to 15 feet high). Can you suggest any are not messy and don't send up runners? If you have literature on selecting trees, could you send me a link?
Rate This FAQ
Most trees in the 10-15’ range are going to be the flowering ornamental trees. Just off the top of my head; Weeping cherries reach 12-18’ tall, Lollipop, and Coralburst are smaller selections of crabapples (with persistent fruit) that will be in the 10-12’ range and have beautiful flowers in the spring, and Big Sis is a smaller purple leaf plum that stays smaller as well. This is just a short list of possibilities. I would recommend contacting your local nursery or garden center for some more ideas or please feel free to contact me with any further questions
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- We recently purchased new sod for our yard. It came with small redish brown beetles. I asked the sod company what they were and they didn't know. Are these beetles bad? Will they kill my lawn?
- I have built a terrace at the back of my garden and would like to start a grape arbor as a natural fence between my yard and my neighbor. What grapes would do well and how do I go about starting an arbor? What kind of fencing would I need?
- When is the best time to spray a cherry tree for worms?
- Someone told me not to use cherry tomatoes in my spaghetti sauce due to inadequate acidity. If I pressure can the sauce and it also includes zucchini, onion, eggplant and fresh herbs, could it not also include some quantity of cherry tomatoes as part of the mix? I like to use up excess veggies in my sauce.
- I planted four Patmore Green Ash trees in my yard and they all have circular hole bite marks on all the leaves. I cannot see any insects on them. Do you have any idea what might be eating the leaves and how I can get rid of them?
- My newly sprouted green bean plants are getting small to medium holes in the leaves. Could this be from pests or the heavy rain in East Millcreek?
- I planted 5 flowering pear trees. The leaves are drying out and dying. What can I do to make sure the trees do not die from transplant shock?
- The leaves on my strawberry plants have turned a very pale green or yellow with some brown on the edges what do they need?