Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
The leaves on my strawberry plants have turned a very pale green or yellow with some brown on the edges what do they need?
Rate This FAQ
The extension agent has asked me to reply to your email question. I can see that is has been a couple of weeks since you submitted this question. I apologize for the delay.
There are several reasons why strawberry plants can turn yellow or pale green. One of the most common problems is nutrient deficiencies due to overwatering. The browning on the edges of the leaves sounds like summer leaf scorch which can also be caused by overwatering. Overwatering causes poor root growth and this makes it difficult for plants to move enough water to the leaves during hot weather.
These are just some of the possibilities for your strawberry plant problems. Without more information from you, I can only guess what is wrong. I suggest you call our office and we can talk to you about your watering and fertilizer routine and get a better idea of what's going on.
Utah County Extension
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I am considering a weeping willow for my back yard. I have not heard good things about them being planted in Salt Lake. What is your opinion, and would I be better going with a different species or will a willow be fine?
- Can I use smoke bombs to kill gophers in my yard if I have a garden? Will the chemicals affect the vegetables I plant?
- Some of the bottom leafs on my tomato plants have turned brown and are dying. I have lost one plant and it looks like another may go soon. I am watering three to four times per week and I have been putting a liquid fertilizer on the plants about once a week. Any ideas about what I may be doing wrong?
- In the vegetable fact sheets it make watering suggestions such as "water 1-2" per week" how much water is 1-2" per week? Also, Can I use blood meal for nitrogen to side dress tender plants?
- I would like to prune my lilac bush. What is the best time of year to do so and how much can be cut back and not harm the bush?
- We have lost 2 pine trees and are now loosing our quaking aspen. It has black spots on leaves and trunk has back on it also. The leaves are falling off. Is there anything that can save the tree?
- Do you have any suggestions as to where to buy or how to make a truly sturdy tomato cage? The "standard" metal ones I have bought at garden centers have always tipped over when the plant has gotten big.
- How to get rid of Goat Head Thorns?