Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
The leaves on my strawberry plants have turned a very pale green or yellow with some brown on the edges what do they need?
Rate This FAQ
The extension agent has asked me to reply to your email question. I can see that is has been a couple of weeks since you submitted this question. I apologize for the delay.
There are several reasons why strawberry plants can turn yellow or pale green. One of the most common problems is nutrient deficiencies due to overwatering. The browning on the edges of the leaves sounds like summer leaf scorch which can also be caused by overwatering. Overwatering causes poor root growth and this makes it difficult for plants to move enough water to the leaves during hot weather.
These are just some of the possibilities for your strawberry plant problems. Without more information from you, I can only guess what is wrong. I suggest you call our office and we can talk to you about your watering and fertilizer routine and get a better idea of what's going on.
Utah County Extension
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I would like to prune my lilac bush. What is the best time of year to do so and how much can be cut back and not harm the bush?
- When is the next date for spraying apple trees for codling moth?
- The leaves on my grape plants have turned yellow. The veins are still green but the rest of the leaf is yellow. I added some iron about a week ago and have not noticed any change as yet. Is there something else I need to do?
- Do you have the names of companies or individuals who spray fruit trees in the spring and summer to prevent bugs and disease?
- I have two questions, can I use weed killer around pine trees with out harming them? What is an effective way to keep cats from using the lawn and the flower beds as a litter box?
- I have an 11 year old sugar maple. For the past few years the leaves have been getting more and more yellow. I bought an iron product, read the directions, and sprinkled it around the base. Instead of turning green the leaves are still yellow and small brown spots all over them. Help!
- I have several burning bushes and every year they start out great in the spring but later spring the leaves turn yellow, I have been adding iron to the soil around them and it seems to help a bit but it still happens every year. Could it be something else?
- I am trying to identify a tree that grows all over St. George area. It has a beautiful pink bloom, elongated oval leaf, small- med. height tree. It's been identified to me as a chitolpe tree? It's not an avacado tree.