Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
The leaves on my strawberry plants have turned a very pale green or yellow with some brown on the edges what do they need?
Rate This FAQ
The extension agent has asked me to reply to your email question. I can see that is has been a couple of weeks since you submitted this question. I apologize for the delay.
There are several reasons why strawberry plants can turn yellow or pale green. One of the most common problems is nutrient deficiencies due to overwatering. The browning on the edges of the leaves sounds like summer leaf scorch which can also be caused by overwatering. Overwatering causes poor root growth and this makes it difficult for plants to move enough water to the leaves during hot weather.
These are just some of the possibilities for your strawberry plant problems. Without more information from you, I can only guess what is wrong. I suggest you call our office and we can talk to you about your watering and fertilizer routine and get a better idea of what's going on.
Utah County Extension
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- i bought my house in november it had no grass just a huge goat head problem. I have burned, scraped, and sprayed a couple of times. Three weeks ago I planted grass seed, my lawn looks great thick and about 4 inches tall, but now I have goat heads growing all over. Do you think 2-4-D weed killer would work without hurting my lawn or do you have another suggestion?
- I am considering a weeping willow for my back yard. I have not heard good things about them being planted in Salt Lake. What is your opinion, and would I be better going with a different species or will a willow be fine?
- I have a raised bed garden using the square foot gardening method and I'm not having much luck. It seems like I have to water daily. Is it possible that my garden can get too much sun?
- How can I get rid of Bur Buttercup? We have tried poisons over the past few years with little result. This year we tried a pre-emergent with little to no results. What can we do do get rid of them?
- I am buying a home, and have no idea how to take card of a yard and plant a garden/flowers. Do you have or know of any classes to teach these things?
- I have a pine tree that is dying. It has two or three branches that are dead or dying. Is there any treatment that I can use to stop this?
- I live in salt lake city, and have very hard rocky soil. I would like to plant a few varieties of trees for shade and decor (like to enjoy them in my own lifetime)I realize I'll need to excavate for good soil and root ball. Any suggestions?
- I live in East Murray, West Holaday, Salt Lake County. We have a large pine tree and want to plant some flowers under/near it. The plants would be along a fence that runs to the east of the tree. Some, very little west sun in the evening. Any suggestions? I would love some long lasting flowers.