Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
The leaves on my strawberry plants have turned a very pale green or yellow with some brown on the edges what do they need?
Rate This FAQ
The extension agent has asked me to reply to your email question. I can see that is has been a couple of weeks since you submitted this question. I apologize for the delay.
There are several reasons why strawberry plants can turn yellow or pale green. One of the most common problems is nutrient deficiencies due to overwatering. The browning on the edges of the leaves sounds like summer leaf scorch which can also be caused by overwatering. Overwatering causes poor root growth and this makes it difficult for plants to move enough water to the leaves during hot weather.
These are just some of the possibilities for your strawberry plant problems. Without more information from you, I can only guess what is wrong. I suggest you call our office and we can talk to you about your watering and fertilizer routine and get a better idea of what's going on.
Utah County Extension
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I planted my tomatos around the middle of May and now they are big and great looking except not one of the 12 plants has a blossom on it. Am I not patient enough or what can I do about this?
- Do you have any suggestions as to where to buy or how to make a truly sturdy tomato cage? The "standard" metal ones I have bought at garden centers have always tipped over when the plant has gotten big.
- The grass under my english walnut tree is not doing well. What can i do to help the grass grow?
- I have a large weeping willow tree in my backyard that has started dripping sap as well as loosing leaves. It appears that some of the larger branches are dying as well. Is there anything I could do to bring the tree back to life?
- We have a scrub oak that has been growing between a pine and an aspen, which has made the oak very lop-sided. The aspen is gone now. How much purning can we do to the oak to try and even it's growth?
- I have space for 2 fruit trees in my yard. I would like to plant an apple (red delicious) and a peach (red Haven). Are these the best varieties for my area, and how about cross pollination. My neighbor across the fence has a peach tree and I have a crab apple near by.
- i bought my house in november it had no grass just a huge goat head problem. I have burned, scraped, and sprayed a couple of times. Three weeks ago I planted grass seed, my lawn looks great thick and about 4 inches tall, but now I have goat heads growing all over. Do you think 2-4-D weed killer would work without hurting my lawn or do you have another suggestion?
- My newly sprouted green bean plants are getting small to medium holes in the leaves. Could this be from pests or the heavy rain in East Millcreek?