Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Will you please send me a recipe for pesto?
Rate This FAQ
There are many recipes for pesto at: http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=slv1-adbe&p=Pesto+recipe
The following is one example. I don't know in what context you want to use it, so the website would be of great help to you.
Fresh Basil Pesto Recipe
Print (no photos)
Print (with photos)
2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan-Reggiano or Romano cheese
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup pine nuts or walnuts
3 medium sized garlic cloves, minced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Special equipment needed: A food processor (Check Amazon.com's sale on Cuisinart food processors.)
1 Combine the basil in with the pine nuts, pulse a few times in a food processor. (If you are using walnuts instead of pine nuts and they are not already chopped, pulse them a few times first, before adding the basil.) Add the garlic, pulse a few times more.
2 Slowly add the olive oil in a constant stream while the food processor is on. Stop to scrape down the sides of the food processor with a rubber spatula. Add the grated cheese and pulse again until blended. Add a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Makes 1 cup.
Serve with pasta, or over baked potatoes, or spread over toasted baguette slices.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- What happens if you make and use a product that had weevils? Will you get sick?
- Can I have my pumpkin and eat it too?
- Would you answer some questions about food irradation?
- What is being done to promote healthy eating in schools?
- What's round and orange, has a wicked smile and great health benefits?
- I found weevil in my flour, I have fruit flies, or there are other pantry pests in my kitchen, what do I do?
- Do habanero peppers ripen on the vine?
- Do I need to use soap and water to clean fresh fruits and vegetables?