Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I have thornless red raspberries that have been planted for three years. (I don't know the name of the variety.) The berries are very small - too small. Suggestions?
Rate This FAQ
Did you buy the raspberries or get them from a friend? Raspberries can get viruses (spread by insects) that may affect the fruit. If you got the raspberries from a neighbor or friend they could have been old or infected with a virus. Starting with fresh, virus free stock is an important part of having good berries. For more information on raspberry production, here is a link to a USU Fact sheet. http://extension.usu.edu/files/factsheets/hg161.pdf.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Hi, I just recently bought a house in Taylorsville in a older neighborhood. I have noticed some clover that is sort of a deep purplish color coming up all through my yard. What is it and how can I get rid of it?
- I have a relatively young peach tree which just split down the middle today, I'm assuming due to the weight of the peaches. I have cut off some of the branches and removed some peaches to help lighten the load. I called a nursery and they said in addition to doing that I should bring the branches back together and secure them together in attempt to save the remaining peaches. Then this fall I need to completely remove the partially broken branches. My questions for you are: Is this tree salvageable if I cut off 2/3 of its branches and will the peaches I've taken off ripen under any conditions?
- Where can I buy a kumquat tree in Utah? Will it survive living outdoors in SLC?
- I have a Saucer Magnolia Tree. I purchased it about 4 years ago, every year I see no growth. It has bloomed every year. But it just seems like I would see some growth? This year the leaves are yellow. I have a picture. Am I missing something? What can I do?
- Our golden delicious apple tree drops fruit through the entire season. What are we doing wrong? It is located in our garden area and gets plenty of water. Thank you for your help.
- I was told there was a worm that eats the goathead or Tribulus Terrestris is that true?
- We recently purchased new sod for our yard. It came with small redish brown beetles. I asked the sod company what they were and they didn't know. Are these beetles bad? Will they kill my lawn?
- I have mexican fruit flies that lay eggs and hatch larve in my apples and cherries. They are larger than reqular fruit flies and have black and white striped wings. When should I spray? What should I spray with?