Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I planted a spanish fir in my yard just two weeks ago. It appears to be dying. How often should I be watering it? And how much water should I be giving it each time that I water?
Rate This FAQ
When temperatures are high, water is transpired through the plant and the root system is not adequate to supply enough water, better to plant in fall or spring when temperatures are cooler. Water thoroughly at planting time and for a year or two after transplanting until a good root system is established. Water not only should be applied to the planting area, but also to the soil surrounding the hole so roots can grow out. Remember, it is possible to over water a tree, especially in poorly drained soils. Water is not measured in time but in quantity and that depends on your soil texture. Sandy soils the water percolates through quickly while clay soils stay wet longer. So taken many things into consideration for newly planted tree. Basically, every day with the high temperatures should provide enough water, without saturating the soil so that air is still present in the soil.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- My Grandmother has several apple tree saplings that she has grown from seeds. She has offered one of the saplings to us. We want to know what time of year is the best for transplanting? Should we dig it out this fall and keep it in the garage until spring? Or could we transplant at the end of September? Is there a transplanting guide? Thank You For Your Time!
- The leaves on my strawberry plants have turned a very pale green or yellow with some brown on the edges what do they need?
- Can we use rabbit droppings in our vegetable & flower gardens or is the acidity too high? How does it compare to manure?
- I have a peach tree with lots of little branches that look burnt at the ends. The rest of the tree looks healthy, but the ends of the branches keep turning black and dying.
- Our lawn is very bumpy and hard to walk on. Are the quaking aspen tree roots doing this? Should we aerate the lawn or does this cause more problems with the roots?
- Hi, I just recently bought a house in Taylorsville in a older neighborhood. I have noticed some clover that is sort of a deep purplish color coming up all through my yard. What is it and how can I get rid of it?
- Do cottenless Cottonwood shed cotton after 7 to 10 years or are they always cottonless?
- I am trying to grow an indoor herb garden. My dill and cilantro are failing miserably! I think I am also harvesting them when they are too young. Help! They are frail and stringy.