Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I have a flame amur maple approx 5 feet high and has been planted since spring of '07. It has turned a very pale yellow color and has several branches where the leaves look like they have been burned. It is getting sufficient water. I've noticed that other flame maples stay green and I have read that it should. I don't know what is wrong with it. Help. It also did this last summer. I have applied some iron and it did green it up a little more but not much.
Rate This FAQ
Amur Maples are very prone to iron chlorosis. This is a deficiency of iron within the plant and usually appears in the new growth each year in susceptible plants. It is typically due to the high pH (alkalinity) of our Utah soils. For specific recommendations on how to remedy this problem I am attaching a link to a USU Fact Sheet http://extension.usu.edu/files/publications/publication/AG-SO-01.pdf. Feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have some fruit trees in a lawn area that I have been fertilizing with ammonium sulfate, but needed to change to a weed & feed. Is the fruit still safe to eat?
- My new lawn I had hydroseeded last year went to seed this year and and is still looking poorly is there anything I can do to bring it back to looking good again?
- Where can I get a chart that tells me when to plant vegetable or plants and also can you tell me how to plant blackberry and raspberry plants?
- We have a scrub oak that has been growing between a pine and an aspen, which has made the oak very lop-sided. The aspen is gone now. How much purning can we do to the oak to try and even it's growth?
- Can Blenheim apricots be grown in Cache Valley? If so, what problems might I expect?
- When do I spray my cherry tree to prevent worms?
- I have a small strip (about 1-1 1/2 feet) in front of my brick house that needs to be separated from my front lawn. I would like to put bricks or something to keep the grass from coming through. What would you suggest to use to separate the two areas? What would you suggest to plant?
- We have creeping mountain sorrel in our lawn and can't get rid of it. Do you have any recommendations on products that might kill it, or any other ways to get rid of it?