Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I have a flame amur maple approx 5 feet high and has been planted since spring of '07. It has turned a very pale yellow color and has several branches where the leaves look like they have been burned. It is getting sufficient water. I've noticed that other flame maples stay green and I have read that it should. I don't know what is wrong with it. Help. It also did this last summer. I have applied some iron and it did green it up a little more but not much.
Rate This FAQ
Amur Maples are very prone to iron chlorosis. This is a deficiency of iron within the plant and usually appears in the new growth each year in susceptible plants. It is typically due to the high pH (alkalinity) of our Utah soils. For specific recommendations on how to remedy this problem I am attaching a link to a USU Fact Sheet http://extension.usu.edu/files/publications/publication/AG-SO-01.pdf. Feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Last year in June or July pesticide (Ortho Home) was used all over my yard...and in my garden. I didn't realize the dangers of pesticide, until after it had been sprayed/poured all over. Is it safe to plant a vegetable garden this year, or is the pesticide still present in my garden? Is there a way to get my soil tested to make sure it's safe? Thanks, Brandi
- What is the best thing to do with seedlings that are too tall for the seed starting kits? I have cauliflower and tomato plants that are 'leggy' and now too tall, but not yet ready to go outside. I received last week an advertisement about that hybrid zoysia grass that needs little watering and little mowing. Is that for real and if so, would it work in our climate? Supposedly it is cold hardy to -30. If I think that I there are gophers in my yard, what is the best way to eradicate them?
- Many of my potatoes this year have splits in them, but then the skins have grown over the splits, leaving a very uneven skin. Is there something I have done wrong? We have watered about every 4-5 days.
- My mugo pine is turning an orange color and the needles are dropping. What caused this and can it be saved?
- I have an braeburn apple tree that we got from a local nursery last fall. the leaves were slightly curled after we planted it and i thought that it was just transplant shock but this spring it has not cleared up. All the leaves are curled up on the edges.
- Can you tell me how to get rid of the Star of Israel that is in your lawn?
- I just bought some property with what I think is a Bartlett pear tree. The tree seems to be in good condition but the fruit skin develops a coarse brown covering. What causes this?
- i bought my house in november it had no grass just a huge goat head problem. I have burned, scraped, and sprayed a couple of times. Three weeks ago I planted grass seed, my lawn looks great thick and about 4 inches tall, but now I have goat heads growing all over. Do you think 2-4-D weed killer would work without hurting my lawn or do you have another suggestion?