Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I have a flame amur maple approx 5 feet high and has been planted since spring of '07. It has turned a very pale yellow color and has several branches where the leaves look like they have been burned. It is getting sufficient water. I've noticed that other flame maples stay green and I have read that it should. I don't know what is wrong with it. Help. It also did this last summer. I have applied some iron and it did green it up a little more but not much.
Rate This FAQ
Amur Maples are very prone to iron chlorosis. This is a deficiency of iron within the plant and usually appears in the new growth each year in susceptible plants. It is typically due to the high pH (alkalinity) of our Utah soils. For specific recommendations on how to remedy this problem I am attaching a link to a USU Fact Sheet http://extension.usu.edu/files/publications/publication/AG-SO-01.pdf. Feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Last fall I bought a daffodil mixture. They bloomed great this spring, but in October they have all started to come up. What's going on?
- I would like to dig up my geraniums and overwinter them. What is the best way to overwinter them?
- My bush beans have holes in some of the leaves. What is causing this? What can I do to fix it?
- We recently purchased new sod for our yard. It came with small redish brown beetles. I asked the sod company what they were and they didn't know. Are these beetles bad? Will they kill my lawn?
- I think I have Johnsongrass invading my back lawn. I has sprayed the usual Crabgrass/lawn grassy weed killer on it and it is still taking over my entire lawn. What can I do?
- Where can I get a chart that tells me when to plant vegetable or plants and also can you tell me how to plant blackberry and raspberry plants?
- I am going to overseed my west lawn. Do I need some type of covering (straw, peat, etc.) to help keep the seeds in place?
- I have space for 2 fruit trees in my yard. I would like to plant an apple (red delicious) and a peach (red Haven). Are these the best varieties for my area, and how about cross pollination. My neighbor across the fence has a peach tree and I have a crab apple near by.