Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I am trying to identify a tree that grows all over St. George area. It has a beautiful pink bloom, elongated oval leaf, small- med. height tree. It's been identified to me as a chitolpe tree? It's not an avacado tree.
Rate This FAQ
There are two trees that fit you description. One is the Desert Willow (Chilopsis linearis) and the other is the Chitalpa which is a cross between the Desert Willow and the Catalpa tree. I suspect you have the Chitalpa (Chitalpa tashkentensis). It is used a lot in landscapes in our area.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- What are the differences and advantages or disadvantages of soil amendments? Specifically Perlite (expanded silicous rock), Vermiculite (expanded mica), Utelite (expanded shale).
- My newly sprouted green bean plants are getting small to medium holes in the leaves. Could this be from pests or the heavy rain in East Millcreek?
- I have Morning glory though out my established lawn, how can I get rid of it?
- Please send me a list of what is recommended for gardening vegetables as far as the soil is concerned.
- My Black Walnut tree is leaking sap terribly. What's wrong?
- I have some problems with native Juniper trees dying(25 ft average height). They start turning yellow (chlorosis has been ruled out) then brown on south side first, then slowly spread to north end of plant. I have cut down one and found no signs of insect damage or disease. Only trees located next to a dirt road(South of trees) are currently affected. They started changing in color last summer. The county does spray for russian thistle on road. Yet no other trees seem to be affected. Can you provide other possible reasons or someone that may be able to come and see them (test them)?
- How do I eradicate an OLD ivy? This has a trunk like a small tree and vast growth on a wall. I'd like to put in a carport and have been hacking at this ivy but am concerned it will grow back. Can I paint the cut trunk to stop re-growth? Would a copper nail kill it? Thanks!
- I have mexican fruit flies that lay eggs and hatch larve in my apples and cherries. They are larger than reqular fruit flies and have black and white striped wings. When should I spray? What should I spray with?