Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I am trying to identify a tree that grows all over St. George area. It has a beautiful pink bloom, elongated oval leaf, small- med. height tree. It's been identified to me as a chitolpe tree? It's not an avacado tree.
Rate This FAQ
There are two trees that fit you description. One is the Desert Willow (Chilopsis linearis) and the other is the Chitalpa which is a cross between the Desert Willow and the Catalpa tree. I suspect you have the Chitalpa (Chitalpa tashkentensis). It is used a lot in landscapes in our area.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I live in Sanpete county. The winters are very cold and I frequently have winter kill of my roses, and perennials, especially on the South side of the house. Could you give me a basic "Yard & Home Winterization" list of things to do to prevent this and other winter issues?
- I have Morning glory though out my established lawn, how can I get rid of it?
- The leaves on our maple tree get little spikes on the top of it and then dry up and fall off. Can you tell me the problem and how we may solve it?
- In the vegetable fact sheets it make watering suggestions such as "water 1-2" per week" how much water is 1-2" per week? Also, Can I use blood meal for nitrogen to side dress tender plants?
- Do you have any suggestions as to where to buy or how to make a truly sturdy tomato cage? The "standard" metal ones I have bought at garden centers have always tipped over when the plant has gotten big.
- My husband plants tomato and peppers etc each year. He plants directly under the eves of the house and the water runs off the roof with each rain storm or in the spring run off. I believe this is not good for the soil he is planting the garden in since we have an asphalt roof and I can see the debris from the roof on the soil. He says not a problem, I still have a hard time eating them without thinking I am getting some sort of poison in our systems. Suggestions?
- When do I spray my cherry tree to prevent worms?
- Our golden delicious apple tree drops fruit through the entire season. What are we doing wrong? It is located in our garden area and gets plenty of water. Thank you for your help.