Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I am trying to identify a tree that grows all over St. George area. It has a beautiful pink bloom, elongated oval leaf, small- med. height tree. It's been identified to me as a chitolpe tree? It's not an avacado tree.
Rate This FAQ
There are two trees that fit you description. One is the Desert Willow (Chilopsis linearis) and the other is the Chitalpa which is a cross between the Desert Willow and the Catalpa tree. I suspect you have the Chitalpa (Chitalpa tashkentensis). It is used a lot in landscapes in our area.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have a peach tree that has yellow leaves. Some are dark green but most are yellow.The fruit is small. I live in Ceder Valley I have kept an eye out for bugs and water deep evey other week. could it be iron?
- The leaves on my grape plants have turned yellow. The veins are still green but the rest of the leaf is yellow. I added some iron about a week ago and have not noticed any change as yet. Is there something else I need to do?
- I have a stand of Gambel Oaks in my yard, I would like to leave the oaks, but fill in about 12 inches deep to level the area out. Will this damage the oaks? Is there any recommended ground cover to place in the area?
- My Black Walnut tree is leaking sap terribly. What's wrong?
- Is there another alternative to getting rid of ferry ring in a lawn than by removing the soil?
- I have a flame amur maple approx 5 feet high and has been planted since spring of '07. It has turned a very pale yellow color and has several branches where the leaves look like they have been burned. It is getting sufficient water. I've noticed that other flame maples stay green and I have read that it should. I don't know what is wrong with it. Help. It also did this last summer. I have applied some iron and it did green it up a little more but not much.
- Two Questions: 1. When do Gooseberries flower? 2. When is the best time to plant tulips?
- The grass under my english walnut tree is not doing well. What can i do to help the grass grow?