Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I am trying to identify a tree that grows all over St. George area. It has a beautiful pink bloom, elongated oval leaf, small- med. height tree. It's been identified to me as a chitolpe tree? It's not an avacado tree.
Rate This FAQ
There are two trees that fit you description. One is the Desert Willow (Chilopsis linearis) and the other is the Chitalpa which is a cross between the Desert Willow and the Catalpa tree. I suspect you have the Chitalpa (Chitalpa tashkentensis). It is used a lot in landscapes in our area.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I live in Sanpete county. The winters are very cold and I frequently have winter kill of my roses, and perennials, especially on the South side of the house. Could you give me a basic "Yard & Home Winterization" list of things to do to prevent this and other winter issues?
- I recently had a handyman come to adjust the sprinklers at a house we do not live in and are trying to sell, and he unfortunately turned off the sprinklers without us knowing, and the grass went a few weeks without being watered. Since we discovered it, we began watering and I laid down turf builder to see if I could jump start the regrowth. The grass looks brown and dead over much of the lawn, however, since I fertilized, I can see little green spots and individual green shafts here and there. What should I do now? Can I seed over the existing dead lawn? What is the fastest and best way back to green without tearing up the whole yard and starting again? (The backyard sod was new last year)
- I have a relatively young peach tree which just split down the middle today, I'm assuming due to the weight of the peaches. I have cut off some of the branches and removed some peaches to help lighten the load. I called a nursery and they said in addition to doing that I should bring the branches back together and secure them together in attempt to save the remaining peaches. Then this fall I need to completely remove the partially broken branches. My questions for you are: Is this tree salvageable if I cut off 2/3 of its branches and will the peaches I've taken off ripen under any conditions?
- I'm planning on using Imidan on my fruit trees. I would like to use a sprayer, but all the application information I've found is in lbs per acre. How much Imidan should I use per gallon.
- Do you have any suggestions as to where to buy or how to make a truly sturdy tomato cage? The "standard" metal ones I have bought at garden centers have always tipped over when the plant has gotten big.
- The leaves on our maple tree get little spikes on the top of it and then dry up and fall off. Can you tell me the problem and how we may solve it?
- How do I keep lady bugs out of my house? Also, how do I keep out Asian Beetles?
- What is a good fertilizer schedule?