Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
My new lawn I had hydroseeded last year went to seed this year and and is still looking poorly is there anything I can do to bring it back to looking good again?
Rate This FAQ
I don't know what type of grass seed you had hydroseeded. Fescues take longer to fill in than the Kentucky bluegrass. I also don't know how you are watering or fertilizing. If your grass is thin, you may need to over-seed. I would recommend waiting until the weather cools off a bit. I would overseed the bare areas in September. Meanwhile, you could fertilize and establish a good watering schedule--less frequently and longer time than when you first hydroseeded last year. If you have further questions, you can call us at 851-8462
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have been told by a tree care company that my ash trees are infected with bores. They can be treated, and the trees should survive. Though my internet research I found ample information on emerald ash bore, however, that the research was largely on trees in Michigan. Would I have emerald ash bores, or do another type of bore exist in Utah? The tree care company suggested treatment in the spring, and another in the summer. Does that sound appropriate?
- Our lawn is very bumpy and hard to walk on. Are the quaking aspen tree roots doing this? Should we aerate the lawn or does this cause more problems with the roots?
- I just recently moved into a home that has these terrible "soda straw" type weeds that I can't get rid of. They pop apart and look like tall drinking straws. I have sprayed them with multiple rounds of poison (extra strength!) and dug them out by hand 2 or three times. They are coming back stronger than ever. What should I do?
- Can I legally drill a small water well (or two) under 30 feet deep in my back yard without a permit?
- I have thornless red raspberries that have been planted for three years. (I don't know the name of the variety.) The berries are very small - too small. Suggestions?
- I have a Saucer Magnolia Tree. I purchased it about 4 years ago, every year I see no growth. It has bloomed every year. But it just seems like I would see some growth? This year the leaves are yellow. I have a picture. Am I missing something? What can I do?
- What of the drought grasses mentioned Buffalograss, Blue grama, crested wheat grass or Sideouts grama grass, would most likely trigger allergy issues? Which one the least? Where to buy? Plant as sod? May we have instructions on "planting," care and maintanence, please?
- Please Help, my blue lake pole beans are not producing like they should, the blossoms are not sticking and those that do have matured into flat stringing beans or Big hard ones with white fuzz around the middle of the seed inside please help me I need my beans.