Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
My new lawn I had hydroseeded last year went to seed this year and and is still looking poorly is there anything I can do to bring it back to looking good again?
Rate This FAQ
I don't know what type of grass seed you had hydroseeded. Fescues take longer to fill in than the Kentucky bluegrass. I also don't know how you are watering or fertilizing. If your grass is thin, you may need to over-seed. I would recommend waiting until the weather cools off a bit. I would overseed the bare areas in September. Meanwhile, you could fertilize and establish a good watering schedule--less frequently and longer time than when you first hydroseeded last year. If you have further questions, you can call us at 851-8462
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Can we use rabbit droppings in our vegetable & flower gardens or is the acidity too high? How does it compare to manure?
- My zucchini plant has white spots in the leaves of the plant. New leaves are green but mature with the white spots. There is no powder residue or other obvious sign of fungus. No other plant in the garden has this appearance. What is the problem?
- I have an apricot tree that is so heavy laden with fruit that it broke a major branch yesterday leaving me with about a half bushel of partially ripened fruit. Can any of it be saved? What should I do?
- I have several large beds in which I would like to plant shrubs, perennials, and some annuals. I am wondering what, if any, weed barrier I should use for these beds. I have heard different opinions advocating weed fabric, newspaper, or no weed barrier at all other than a layer of bark/mulch. If a thick layer of mulch alone is virtually as effective as weed barrier, I would rather avoid the expense and hassle of laying the barrier. Which is the best option?
- I have mexican fruit flies that lay eggs and hatch larve in my apples and cherries. They are larger than reqular fruit flies and have black and white striped wings. When should I spray? What should I spray with?
- We are putting in sod in our front yard - not a lot of traffic. Would like you opinion on if we should put in Kentucky Blue Grass or a biograss?
- My Grandmother has several apple tree saplings that she has grown from seeds. She has offered one of the saplings to us. We want to know what time of year is the best for transplanting? Should we dig it out this fall and keep it in the garage until spring? Or could we transplant at the end of September? Is there a transplanting guide? Thank You For Your Time!
- I would like to build some grow boxes for vegetables. Do you have any recommendations what type of wood or other material should be used for a grow box?