Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
My new lawn I had hydroseeded last year went to seed this year and and is still looking poorly is there anything I can do to bring it back to looking good again?
Rate This FAQ
I don't know what type of grass seed you had hydroseeded. Fescues take longer to fill in than the Kentucky bluegrass. I also don't know how you are watering or fertilizing. If your grass is thin, you may need to over-seed. I would recommend waiting until the weather cools off a bit. I would overseed the bare areas in September. Meanwhile, you could fertilize and establish a good watering schedule--less frequently and longer time than when you first hydroseeded last year. If you have further questions, you can call us at 851-8462
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Now that the snow has melted off our lawn, we notice there are winding "trails" through the grass. One of the trails goes from a patch of vince major ground cover, across the grass to another patch of vinca major ground cover. It looks like something has pushed up the black plastic lawn edging enough to crawl underneath. There is no soil excavation on top of the lawn; only tunnels through the grass. We've never had moles or voles before that I know of so I don't know what habits they have. Do you think it could be a mouse or maybe a mole or vole? What's the best way to get ride of it?
- We don't have morning glory in our lawn, but it is taking over our strawberries. Is there anything we can do? If we decide we'd rather get rid of the morning glory instead of saving the strawberries, will roundup get rid of it?
- Please send me a list of what is recommended for gardening vegetables as far as the soil is concerned.
- Can citrus and avocado trees be planted and grown successfully in Salt Lake County?
- We have Ray wood ash trees around our home and last year they were topped by hormworms. What do you suggest?
- Do you have the names of companies or individuals who spray fruit trees in the spring and summer to prevent bugs and disease?
- How can I get rid of Bur Buttercup? We have tried poisons over the past few years with little result. This year we tried a pre-emergent with little to no results. What can we do do get rid of them?
- I planted four Patmore Green Ash trees in my yard and they all have circular hole bite marks on all the leaves. I cannot see any insects on them. Do you have any idea what might be eating the leaves and how I can get rid of them?