Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I planted my tomatos around the middle of May and now they are big and great looking except not one of the 12 plants has a blossom on it. Am I not patient enough or what can I do about this?
Rate This FAQ
I need to know how you are fertilizing those tomato plants, more than likely you are having a lot of leaf growth but no blossoms from over fertilization so the plant energy is going into producing leaves, not fruit. I just had a client come in that had added 16 bags of steer manure to his vegetable beds and had the same problem, big beautiful plants and no blossoms. So it can be either organic or inorganic fertilizers that can prevent blossoms. For more information, you can check out our USU Publication Tomato Fact Sheet, go to http://extension.usu.edu/files/publications/factsheet/HG_2004-05.pdf
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- My Grandmother has several apple tree saplings that she has grown from seeds. She has offered one of the saplings to us. We want to know what time of year is the best for transplanting? Should we dig it out this fall and keep it in the garage until spring? Or could we transplant at the end of September? Is there a transplanting guide? Thank You For Your Time!
- What is the cost for a soil test?
- When do you advise setting the sprinklers to run? Is early morning the best time for both lawn and (drip) garden?
- My greenhouse made of visqueen does not allow the sun to hit soil, causing the growth of algae on the surface. What must be done?
- I have a stand of Gambel Oaks in my yard, I would like to leave the oaks, but fill in about 12 inches deep to level the area out. Will this damage the oaks? Is there any recommended ground cover to place in the area?
- How many gallons per hour are needed for mature fruit trees? Also how many times a week and how long each time should trees be watered?
- I mowed my lawn today (04/18/08) and noticed some dead "tracks" that I do not remember seeing when I mowed on Saturday (04/14/08). I thought that it might have been something from my lawn mower but it is a brand new Honda that I purchased 1 month ago. I have posted some pictures on my website and can be viewed at supersoygifts.com/grass.htm. Thanks for any info you can provide.
- How can I get rid of Bur Buttercup? We have tried poisons over the past few years with little result. This year we tried a pre-emergent with little to no results. What can we do do get rid of them?