Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I planted my tomatos around the middle of May and now they are big and great looking except not one of the 12 plants has a blossom on it. Am I not patient enough or what can I do about this?
Rate This FAQ
I need to know how you are fertilizing those tomato plants, more than likely you are having a lot of leaf growth but no blossoms from over fertilization so the plant energy is going into producing leaves, not fruit. I just had a client come in that had added 16 bags of steer manure to his vegetable beds and had the same problem, big beautiful plants and no blossoms. So it can be either organic or inorganic fertilizers that can prevent blossoms. For more information, you can check out our USU Publication Tomato Fact Sheet, go to http://extension.usu.edu/files/publications/factsheet/HG_2004-05.pdf
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- When should I cut back spent tulips and daffadills?
- We planted some scrub oak plants a few years ago that we got from a nursery. Although they come back every year they never get any bigger. They are still the same size as when we planted them. Do you have any suggestions on how to make it take off?
- I would like to prune my lilac bush. What is the best time of year to do so and how much can be cut back and not harm the bush?
- We created square foot gardens last year and have discovered the cat has used them for a litter box over the winter and spring. There isn't a large amount of feces,which we remove, but we are concerned that it may have contaminated the soil. Should we dig it out and start over?
- Our golden delicious apple tree drops fruit through the entire season. What are we doing wrong? It is located in our garden area and gets plenty of water. Thank you for your help.
- I have an 11 year old sugar maple. For the past few years the leaves have been getting more and more yellow. I bought an iron product, read the directions, and sprinkled it around the base. Instead of turning green the leaves are still yellow and small brown spots all over them. Help!
- I have a vine growing on my fence that has sparse dark blue berries and thick red stems. What plant is this? Image showing this plant can be seen at http://themodbod.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/ivy-to-use.jpg
- Please suggest some good bush rose varieties (not reds)- 3-4'high and 4' wide for a border planting in front of my home. I live in Holladay. Also, will a variegated dogwood tree grow well here if not in full sun?