Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I planted my tomatos around the middle of May and now they are big and great looking except not one of the 12 plants has a blossom on it. Am I not patient enough or what can I do about this?
Rate This FAQ
I need to know how you are fertilizing those tomato plants, more than likely you are having a lot of leaf growth but no blossoms from over fertilization so the plant energy is going into producing leaves, not fruit. I just had a client come in that had added 16 bags of steer manure to his vegetable beds and had the same problem, big beautiful plants and no blossoms. So it can be either organic or inorganic fertilizers that can prevent blossoms. For more information, you can check out our USU Publication Tomato Fact Sheet, go to http://extension.usu.edu/files/publications/factsheet/HG_2004-05.pdf
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have small white worms in my turnips and radishes. How do I deal with this problem?
- I have 2 red tipped photinas in my front yard against the house (south facing). They were great for the first 3 years, but now, for the last 2 winters the leaves have dried out and dropped in the spring. I thought it was a lack of water over the winter, so I tried to help out, but that didnt help. Should I prune them back in the fall or is there anything I can do to help them so this doesn't happen next winter?
- We have 2 honeylocust trees in our yard. I would guess "Imperial honeylocust". They seem to be about 15 years old or so. They are spaced about 20 feet apart. This spring one has leafed out and the other is still not budding or leafing out. Over the winter, the one that is not budding turned bright red on the trunk, which we have never seen before. The tree is getting a very few buds and leaves on some main branches (like suckers) but no buds or leaves on the outer limbs. Is there anything we can do to save this tree?
- What pesticides can I use for alfalfa weevil, and what are the best? Have Furadan and Lorsban been removed for this application
- I'm planning on using Imidan on my fruit trees. I would like to use a sprayer, but all the application information I've found is in lbs per acre. How much Imidan should I use per gallon.
- Last fall I bought a daffodil mixture. They bloomed great this spring, but in October they have all started to come up. What's going on?
- Can I grow bitter melon, gourds, thai chili peppers, hmong cucumbers, peas, green peas, sugar snap peas, and lemon grass in Clinton? When should I plant them?
- Many of my potatoes this year have splits in them, but then the skins have grown over the splits, leaving a very uneven skin. Is there something I have done wrong? We have watered about every 4-5 days.