Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Our new home came with some juvenile trees and sapplings planted very closely together in one corner of the yard. Who can identify these trees for us, so we know which ones (if any) to remove/relocate?
Rate This FAQ
You could hire a certified arborist who could identify those trees for you, go to Certified Arborists for Hire, http://www.utahurbanforest.org/certified_hire.htm . They can also recommend good way of transplanting.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have two maple trees in my parking strip. I believe they are the Autumn Blaze variety. They have a light green to yellow small leaf. The leaves are starting to die as if it needs water. They are spotted and turning brown and brittle. The branches are still green when I scrape the them. I do not think it is under heat stress since June has been mostly wet. We spoke with someone who lives about a mile from us who had the same problem last year and now the top of his tree is dead. We did see two other trees in his neighborhood with the same problem. It looks as though next year we may have the same dead trees if we do not do something to prevent them from dying. Can you tell me what is wrong and what I can do to save the trees?
- I have a vine growing on my fence that has sparse dark blue berries and thick red stems. What plant is this? Image showing this plant can be seen at http://themodbod.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/ivy-to-use.jpg
- I mowed my lawn today (04/18/08) and noticed some dead "tracks" that I do not remember seeing when I mowed on Saturday (04/14/08). I thought that it might have been something from my lawn mower but it is a brand new Honda that I purchased 1 month ago. I have posted some pictures on my website and can be viewed at supersoygifts.com/grass.htm. Thanks for any info you can provide.
- Many of my potatoes this year have splits in them, but then the skins have grown over the splits, leaving a very uneven skin. Is there something I have done wrong? We have watered about every 4-5 days.
- I have 2 red tipped photinas in my front yard against the house (south facing). They were great for the first 3 years, but now, for the last 2 winters the leaves have dried out and dropped in the spring. I thought it was a lack of water over the winter, so I tried to help out, but that didnt help. Should I prune them back in the fall or is there anything I can do to help them so this doesn't happen next winter?
- I live in Mapleton. I have been reading about the James Pecan Tree, which is supposed to mature by September 1st and be okay in zone 5. What do you think about my trying to grow it here? How do they do?
- My neighbors have horses, and I need to create a wind break of sorts to control dust from their pasture. Please advise regarding trees shrubs I can plant close to fenceline for windbreak that the horses won't eat.
- What night-time temperatures are too cold for "tender plants" such as tomatoes, squashes, annual bedding plants, etc.?