Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
We don't have morning glory in our lawn, but it is taking over our strawberries. Is there anything we can do? If we decide we'd rather get rid of the morning glory instead of saving the strawberries, will roundup get rid of it?
Rate This FAQ
You can use roundup on the morning glory. A broadleaf herbicide would also kill the morning glory but right now it is too hot to use it safely. Either of these products will work better if you wait until the weather cools off in late September. At that time you could also safely spray a broadleaf herbicide. When you do spray, you might try teasing loose some of the morning glory vines and laying them out on a thick piece of newspaper to protect the berry plants and brush on the herbicide. That way you might be able to save your strawberries. Make sure you do not remove the newpaper from underneath the morning glory until the herbicide on the vines is completely dry. No matter which chemical you choose, you will probably need to treat the area for more than one year.
I hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to call us at 801-851-8462 if you have more questions.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How can I get rid of Bur Buttercup? We have tried poisons over the past few years with little result. This year we tried a pre-emergent with little to no results. What can we do do get rid of them?
- I have varmits that are ruining my lawn during the winter (under snow). They make trails and destroy the lawn about 4 inches wide. I can find no holes only the trails and dead grass flipped to the side of the trails. Any ideas? We are going crazy trying to figure this out. We have never had this problem until last year.
- Can I use smoke bombs to kill gophers in my yard if I have a garden? Will the chemicals affect the vegetables I plant?
- We currently have an elm tree in our front yard. It has been diagnosed with slime flux. We would like to plant another tree next to it,seeing as they said the stump was so big that they would just leave it. Will this cause a problem for any other trees? We want another large shade tree. Will it get the slime flux too if we plant it near it?
- How many gallons per hour are needed for mature fruit trees? Also how many times a week and how long each time should trees be watered?
- What kind of Strawberry plant do you recommend? I remember Crocket's Victory Garden recommending an ever bearing one for the New England area.
- I planted my tomatos around the middle of May and now they are big and great looking except not one of the 12 plants has a blossom on it. Am I not patient enough or what can I do about this?
- What are the differences and advantages or disadvantages of soil amendments? Specifically Perlite (expanded silicous rock), Vermiculite (expanded mica), Utelite (expanded shale).