Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
My Black Walnut tree is leaking sap terribly. What's wrong?
Rate This FAQ
Walnuts can get a disease called slime flux. This bacterial disease causes fermentation of the sap and it will ooze out of crotches, wounds, cracks, etc. Look up slime flux on google. See if the pictures match your symptoms. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do to cure the tree if it has slime flux.
If the leaves look sap covered, it is a sucking insect. Also cankers can cause sap to ooze.
If you have further questions, you can call us at 851-8462
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I live in riverton and want to plant triple crown blackberries and dwarf northblue blueberries. Do you have any suggestions or help?
- I am looking for a shrub or tree that can line my driveway but, the problem is that it is facing the south and gets little to none water. Can you suggest some drought resistant plants that will work for that particular area?
- We have about 6 pine trees (blue spruce) in our yard and we have noticed that this year they are loaded with pine cones. Does this mean anything? We have looked on the farmers almanac thinking that it must mean we are in for a hard winter, or something in that nature, but have been unsuccessful in finding the answer. Do you have any information why the trees are loaded with pine cones?
- I have a peach tree with lots of little branches that look burnt at the ends. The rest of the tree looks healthy, but the ends of the branches keep turning black and dying.
- This year we planted our first home garden. It was a lot of fun, but we need to know what to do to make it better next year. Specifically: our plants grew VERY large, but did not yield much fruit. What fruit we did get was typically small and misshapen. We did not fertilize, except some nitrogen along with dead lawn clippings last fall. What should we do this fall to get the soils ready for more fruit and less leaves next year?
- I have a peach tree that has yellow leaves. Some are dark green but most are yellow.The fruit is small. I live in Ceder Valley I have kept an eye out for bugs and water deep evey other week. could it be iron?
- What is the cost for a soil test?
- I have beautiful hosta and fern plants growing outside. How do I protect them so they will survive the winter? Do I need to dig them up and bring them inside?