Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
My Black Walnut tree is leaking sap terribly. What's wrong?
Rate This FAQ
Walnuts can get a disease called slime flux. This bacterial disease causes fermentation of the sap and it will ooze out of crotches, wounds, cracks, etc. Look up slime flux on google. See if the pictures match your symptoms. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do to cure the tree if it has slime flux.
If the leaves look sap covered, it is a sucking insect. Also cankers can cause sap to ooze.
If you have further questions, you can call us at 851-8462
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How close together can flowering pear trees be planted?
- We have a flowering Japanese Cherry tree that has bloomed beautiful pink flowers until last spring and this spring. Half of it is white flowers and half is very small pink buds. What has happened? It is about 15 years old.
- I planted my tomatos around the middle of May and now they are big and great looking except not one of the 12 plants has a blossom on it. Am I not patient enough or what can I do about this?
- When do you advise setting the sprinklers to run? Is early morning the best time for both lawn and (drip) garden?
- Our home was built in 1998 and we are the second owners. The first owners landscaped the yard, but didn't consider that the trees, shrubs, etc. would grow. We have trees that were planted too close to the sidewalk and shrubs that were planted too close to the house. They are beautiful, but too close. We also have a large cottonwood tree in the backyard that provides good shade, but its root are now pushing above the ground. I think I know the answer, but is there a good way to redo the landscaping without removing all of the good features at once?
- My peach trees seem to have something sappy oozing from the trunk, somewhere between the middle and top part. I thought borers were usually at the bottom of the trunk. Is it a spread of borers?
- When is the best time to spray a cherry tree for worms?
- I have some fruit trees in a lawn area that I have been fertilizing with ammonium sulfate, but needed to change to a weed & feed. Is the fruit still safe to eat?