Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
My Black Walnut tree is leaking sap terribly. What's wrong?
Rate This FAQ
Walnuts can get a disease called slime flux. This bacterial disease causes fermentation of the sap and it will ooze out of crotches, wounds, cracks, etc. Look up slime flux on google. See if the pictures match your symptoms. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do to cure the tree if it has slime flux.
If the leaves look sap covered, it is a sucking insect. Also cankers can cause sap to ooze.
If you have further questions, you can call us at 851-8462
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have recently had topsoil brought in to grow a garden and my vegetable plants are wilting as if something in the soil is affecting them how do I get my soil tested to correct this?
- I have a red photina thats leaves, in part of the bush, seemed like they were burnt. Is it a disease that these bushes can get? If I cut it back all the way, will all of the bush come out of it or should I get rid of the bush? The photina next to it is just fine.
- I have a flame amur maple approx 5 feet high and has been planted since spring of '07. It has turned a very pale yellow color and has several branches where the leaves look like they have been burned. It is getting sufficient water. I've noticed that other flame maples stay green and I have read that it should. I don't know what is wrong with it. Help. It also did this last summer. I have applied some iron and it did green it up a little more but not much.
- We moved into our 2-story home in Lehi 1 year ago. The tree out front (which I planned to have my husband cut donw) has doubled in height since then. I don't know what kind of tree it is...medium size, darkish leaves. How do we (and when should we) cut it down to prevent it from sending up suckers?
- My apple tree is starting to blossom. I love the apples but they always get wormy. When is the best time to spray them and with what?
- We recently bought a home in Salt Lake city. The parking strip has very hard soil and weeds mixed with grass. Should we till it under and start over or air-rate it, keep it watered and sprinkle some grass seed on it in the fall or spring? We planted a sycomore tree (Bloodgood London Plane) and I think we stressed it by overwatering. About 50% of the leaves look sun scorched, some very dry and other leaves are green, full and lush, will it snap out of it? Should I air-rate the ground with a pitch fork around it?
- When and how do I harvest my butternut and buttercup squash?
- When do I spray my cherry tree to prevent worms?