Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
My Black Walnut tree is leaking sap terribly. What's wrong?
Rate This FAQ
Walnuts can get a disease called slime flux. This bacterial disease causes fermentation of the sap and it will ooze out of crotches, wounds, cracks, etc. Look up slime flux on google. See if the pictures match your symptoms. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do to cure the tree if it has slime flux.
If the leaves look sap covered, it is a sucking insect. Also cankers can cause sap to ooze.
If you have further questions, you can call us at 851-8462
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I live in salt lake city, and have very hard rocky soil. I would like to plant a few varieties of trees for shade and decor (like to enjoy them in my own lifetime)I realize I'll need to excavate for good soil and root ball. Any suggestions?
- I just ordered some blueberry bushes and wondered where I need to plant them in my garden.
- My mugo pine is turning an orange color and the needles are dropping. What caused this and can it be saved?
- I live in Salt Lake City Utah. Is late October too late in the year to hydroseed?
- I planted 5 flowering pear trees. The leaves are drying out and dying. What can I do to make sure the trees do not die from transplant shock?
- The leaves on my grape plants have turned yellow. The veins are still green but the rest of the leaf is yellow. I added some iron about a week ago and have not noticed any change as yet. Is there something else I need to do?
- I have an 8 year old Norway Spruce. It has a section at the base where the needle grow is restricted and the stems look whitish. The rest of the tree has green plush growth and it is about 12 ft high now. It had this problem when I brought it home from the nursery but I thought it would snap out of it. What is this and is there anything I can do?
- Something is eating my garden. HELP! At first I thought it was snails because there were quite a few holes in the leaves of my beans and squash. Now, there are just skeleton leaves left of half my garden. I have treated for snails with PAX and for other insects with Seven. I have looked for squash bugs but to no avail. I have seen a great many ants and earwigs. Oh, and my tomatoes seem fine. Any tips?