Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I planted four Patmore Green Ash trees in my yard and they all have circular hole bite marks on all the leaves. I cannot see any insects on them. Do you have any idea what might be eating the leaves and how I can get rid of them?
Rate This FAQ
You mentioned that your holes are "circular". This sounds like the work of leaf cutter bees. They cut very circular holes starting at the edge of the leaf. If the holes are in the middle of the leaf, it is not leafcutter bees. You can go to Google and type in "leaf cutter bee damage" click on "image" to see pictures of the holes they make. Earwigs make holes in leaves, but they are irregular, not circular. Strawberry root weevil make notches on the edges of leaves, more like a half circle. You can bring in a sample of your leaves and we can take a look at them and see if we can tell what is causing the holes. It costs $1 per sample. If you have further questions, you can call us at 851-8462.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- My peach trees seem to have something sappy oozing from the trunk, somewhere between the middle and top part. I thought borers were usually at the bottom of the trunk. Is it a spread of borers?
- My purple crown locust has never bloomed in the 5 years that I've had it and the past two years in the summer whole branches of leaves are dying off. Should I remove it and start over?
- I have a sister that lives in South Jordan. She and her neighbor planted their gardens at the same time with the same type of soil. Her neighbors vegetables are thriving and my sisters are on the verge of death. What should she do and where can she have her soil tested?
- I was told there was a worm that eats the goathead or Tribulus Terrestris is that true?
- I have a pine tree that is dying. It has two or three branches that are dead or dying. Is there any treatment that I can use to stop this?
- How do I keep birds out of my sweet cherry trees?
- We created square foot gardens last year and have discovered the cat has used them for a litter box over the winter and spring. There isn't a large amount of feces,which we remove, but we are concerned that it may have contaminated the soil. Should we dig it out and start over?
- My apple tree is starting to blossom. I love the apples but they always get wormy. When is the best time to spray them and with what?