Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I planted four Patmore Green Ash trees in my yard and they all have circular hole bite marks on all the leaves. I cannot see any insects on them. Do you have any idea what might be eating the leaves and how I can get rid of them?
Rate This FAQ
You mentioned that your holes are "circular". This sounds like the work of leaf cutter bees. They cut very circular holes starting at the edge of the leaf. If the holes are in the middle of the leaf, it is not leafcutter bees. You can go to Google and type in "leaf cutter bee damage" click on "image" to see pictures of the holes they make. Earwigs make holes in leaves, but they are irregular, not circular. Strawberry root weevil make notches on the edges of leaves, more like a half circle. You can bring in a sample of your leaves and we can take a look at them and see if we can tell what is causing the holes. It costs $1 per sample. If you have further questions, you can call us at 851-8462.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have an braeburn apple tree that we got from a local nursery last fall. the leaves were slightly curled after we planted it and i thought that it was just transplant shock but this spring it has not cleared up. All the leaves are curled up on the edges.
- I had three Canadian Red Chokecherry (prunus virginiana L.) planted Oct 2007; 1 1/2" caliper, 13' tall. This spring, the leaves were a solid green; now they they are turning a purplish red. Is this normal?
- Can Blenheim apricots be grown in Cache Valley? If so, what problems might I expect?
- Just moved to where we have a very large backyard. I want to plant a large variety of fruit trees, but I don't know what will grow well in this climate. What types of fruit grow best in the Salt Lake area? (eg peaches, apples, nectarines....?) And which kind of each fruit would you suggest? I'm also new to this, so where should I go to buy the trees and find info on how to grow them correctly?
- How do I keep lady bugs out of my house? Also, how do I keep out Asian Beetles?
- I live in Mapleton. I have been reading about the James Pecan Tree, which is supposed to mature by September 1st and be okay in zone 5. What do you think about my trying to grow it here? How do they do?
- When do I spray my apple tree so my apples dont have worms in them and with what pesticide do I spray them?
- Hi, I have a lot of two year hybrid poplars that we've planted for a wind break and the leaves near the trunks are beginning to turn yellow. I've read that this can be because of lack of water or too much water or not enough fertilizer. It's July and we water them every day because of the 90+ temps. Any suggestions?