Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
What type of grass would hold up to high traffic in a yard facing south (no shade)? We are needing to re-seed or buy sod.
Rate This FAQ
Most turf will grow in a south facing location if given the proper maintenance. For high traffic I recommend Kentucky bluegrass or a tall fescue. The bluegrass requires a little more care (water, fertilizer, aeration, etc) but it mends quickly and holds up to most yard traffic. Tall fescue is a more durable grass but mends slowly, it is a clump style grass, and is courser.
For proper maintenance see the following fact sheet. http://extension.usu.edu/files/publications/publication/HG_517.pdf
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I am trying to grow an indoor herb garden. My dill and cilantro are failing miserably! I think I am also harvesting them when they are too young. Help! They are frail and stringy.
- I have space for 2 fruit trees in my yard. I would like to plant an apple (red delicious) and a peach (red Haven). Are these the best varieties for my area, and how about cross pollination. My neighbor across the fence has a peach tree and I have a crab apple near by.
- I have seen ads for canada green grass seed. It talks about it's resistance to drought, and the fact that is a very hearty grass. Do you have any info on this grass seed?
- Something is eating my garden. HELP! At first I thought it was snails because there were quite a few holes in the leaves of my beans and squash. Now, there are just skeleton leaves left of half my garden. I have treated for snails with PAX and for other insects with Seven. I have looked for squash bugs but to no avail. I have seen a great many ants and earwigs. Oh, and my tomatoes seem fine. Any tips?
- My zucchini plant has white spots in the leaves of the plant. New leaves are green but mature with the white spots. There is no powder residue or other obvious sign of fungus. No other plant in the garden has this appearance. What is the problem?
- We planted apple trees last year. When do we spray for cottling moths?
- Can I legally drill a small water well (or two) under 30 feet deep in my back yard without a permit?
- I have varmits that are ruining my lawn during the winter (under snow). They make trails and destroy the lawn about 4 inches wide. I can find no holes only the trails and dead grass flipped to the side of the trails. Any ideas? We are going crazy trying to figure this out. We have never had this problem until last year.