Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
My green peppers have black at the stems of almost every branch. Is there anything I can do to save them?
Rate This FAQ
I'm not sure if the color at the stems are a true problem, many peppers do have color variation along stem. This isn't enough information to make a diagnosis or be able to give you an answer to save them. Please bring in a sample and we can try to identify and send you recommendations.
Our offices are located at 2001 South State, Rm #S1200, Salt Lake City, UT. Directions to our office can be found on our website at http://extension.usu.edu/saltlake/htm/directions , we also hold Ask A Master Gardener clinics on Mondays from 1 to 4pm where we have both staff and Master Gardeners ready to answer your plant problem questions.
If you can't bring in a sample, a digital photo of the problem can be sent to me, to help you figure this out.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- We recently bought a home in Salt Lake city. The parking strip has very hard soil and weeds mixed with grass. Should we till it under and start over or air-rate it, keep it watered and sprinkle some grass seed on it in the fall or spring? We planted a sycomore tree (Bloodgood London Plane) and I think we stressed it by overwatering. About 50% of the leaves look sun scorched, some very dry and other leaves are green, full and lush, will it snap out of it? Should I air-rate the ground with a pitch fork around it?
- I am trying to find an organic solution to spraying weeds in the vegetable garden, such as morning glory. Would a mix of vinegar and lemon juice spread to the roots of the vegetables also, or could it be used? If so, do you have any information on proportions for the mix?
- Many of my potatoes this year have splits in them, but then the skins have grown over the splits, leaving a very uneven skin. Is there something I have done wrong? We have watered about every 4-5 days.
- Are there master gardeners in the Millcreek Township area?
- Last fall I bought a daffodil mixture. They bloomed great this spring, but in October they have all started to come up. What's going on?
- How do I eradicate an OLD ivy? This has a trunk like a small tree and vast growth on a wall. I'd like to put in a carport and have been hacking at this ivy but am concerned it will grow back. Can I paint the cut trunk to stop re-growth? Would a copper nail kill it? Thanks!
- We have Ray wood ash trees around our home and last year they were topped by hormworms. What do you suggest?
- I was told there was a worm that eats the goathead or Tribulus Terrestris is that true?