Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
My green peppers have black at the stems of almost every branch. Is there anything I can do to save them?
Rate This FAQ
I'm not sure if the color at the stems are a true problem, many peppers do have color variation along stem. This isn't enough information to make a diagnosis or be able to give you an answer to save them. Please bring in a sample and we can try to identify and send you recommendations.
Our offices are located at 2001 South State, Rm #S1200, Salt Lake City, UT. Directions to our office can be found on our website at http://extension.usu.edu/saltlake/htm/directions , we also hold Ask A Master Gardener clinics on Mondays from 1 to 4pm where we have both staff and Master Gardeners ready to answer your plant problem questions.
If you can't bring in a sample, a digital photo of the problem can be sent to me, to help you figure this out.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How do I keep birds out of my sweet cherry trees?
- Do cottenless Cottonwood shed cotton after 7 to 10 years or are they always cottonless?
- A PORTION OF MY BACKYARD IS VERY SHADY AND THE GRASS LOOKS SPARSE AND UNHEALTHY. ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT TO DO TO MAKE IS LOOK GOOD AND HEALTHY AGAIN?
- What of the drought grasses mentioned Buffalograss, Blue grama, crested wheat grass or Sideouts grama grass, would most likely trigger allergy issues? Which one the least? Where to buy? Plant as sod? May we have instructions on "planting," care and maintanence, please?
- I have just moved into this new house and I have all these raspberry bushes. They have produced a crop of fruit and I went out and picked lots of berries. The berries themselves look very nice but they are a little small. When I brought them in the house I noticed a couple different kind of pests on them. A black little beetle looking bug and a little tiny bug that resembled the hair on the raspberry. I washed them off, cleaned them and ate them. Now I am all panicked that I will get sick. They tasted good but I have myself all freaked out not knowing if all the bugs got off. Will they hurt me? I want to make raspberry jam with all the berries I have. Is that safe?
- Last fall I planted a 4-foot tall Arizona cypress (Blue Ice) in my yard. I bought it from a local nursery who assured me it was cold-hardy enough for this area, but by this spring most of the needles on the upper 2/3 of the tree had turned brown. The lower needles that were beneath the snowpack for most of the winter are still green. Is there anything I can do to help this tree recovery (or should I find a different tree that's more cold-hardy)?
- When do I spray my apple tree so my apples dont have worms in them and with what pesticide do I spray them?
- I just bought a house and the yard is a mess. We have multiple varieties of grasses and weeds, dry spots, dead spots and rodent damage. I am a staunch do-it-yourselfer but the number of different problems to attack is overwhelming. Where is the best place to get educated or to get started? If I take a bunch of digital pictures of the various problems and plant types is there someplace I can take them to get good advice? Tru Green also came by and said we have grubs, but all they did was LOOK at the grass. I can pull up the dirt myself, but I don't know what to look for.