Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
My green peppers have black at the stems of almost every branch. Is there anything I can do to save them?
Rate This FAQ
I'm not sure if the color at the stems are a true problem, many peppers do have color variation along stem. This isn't enough information to make a diagnosis or be able to give you an answer to save them. Please bring in a sample and we can try to identify and send you recommendations.
Our offices are located at 2001 South State, Rm #S1200, Salt Lake City, UT. Directions to our office can be found on our website at http://extension.usu.edu/saltlake/htm/directions , we also hold Ask A Master Gardener clinics on Mondays from 1 to 4pm where we have both staff and Master Gardeners ready to answer your plant problem questions.
If you can't bring in a sample, a digital photo of the problem can be sent to me, to help you figure this out.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I put in my entire yard in Fruit Heights in late July. I noticed my maple trees are losing leaves, and showing signs of distress. I put sod up to the tree trunks, but I'm wondering if I should cut the sod back, and put mulch in so the tree roots can breath. Good idea? I cut back on the watering as well, which could have been a problem for drainage. Any help?
- The leaves on my strawberry plants have turned a very pale green or yellow with some brown on the edges what do they need?
- We planted some scrub oak plants a few years ago that we got from a nursery. Although they come back every year they never get any bigger. They are still the same size as when we planted them. Do you have any suggestions on how to make it take off?
- I planted 5 flowering pear trees. The leaves are drying out and dying. What can I do to make sure the trees do not die from transplant shock?
- I have some cucumbers I bought from the nursery in a small container about 3 weeks ago. I transplanted them to a larger container. I move them in the garage at night and back out to the driveway during the day. The leaves and stems are turning light green and have dry white places on them. Are they getting sun scalded, am I watering them too much, not enough fertilizer?
- We live in a suburb near the mountains and have a lot of deer wandering through our neighborhood eating our flowers and vegetable gardens. They are not afraid of people and walk through our backyard any time of day. What can we spray on the garden plants to stop them from eating them?
- In the past you've offered a lawn-problem analysis --- as I recall a sample was brought in to your office and a quick analysis was done --- is the program still active? What is the schedule?
- Last year in June or July pesticide (Ortho Home) was used all over my yard...and in my garden. I didn't realize the dangers of pesticide, until after it had been sprayed/poured all over. Is it safe to plant a vegetable garden this year, or is the pesticide still present in my garden? Is there a way to get my soil tested to make sure it's safe? Thanks, Brandi