Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
My green peppers have black at the stems of almost every branch. Is there anything I can do to save them?
Rate This FAQ
I'm not sure if the color at the stems are a true problem, many peppers do have color variation along stem. This isn't enough information to make a diagnosis or be able to give you an answer to save them. Please bring in a sample and we can try to identify and send you recommendations.
Our offices are located at 2001 South State, Rm #S1200, Salt Lake City, UT. Directions to our office can be found on our website at http://extension.usu.edu/saltlake/htm/directions , we also hold Ask A Master Gardener clinics on Mondays from 1 to 4pm where we have both staff and Master Gardeners ready to answer your plant problem questions.
If you can't bring in a sample, a digital photo of the problem can be sent to me, to help you figure this out.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Can I grow bitter melon, gourds, thai chili peppers, hmong cucumbers, peas, green peas, sugar snap peas, and lemon grass in Clinton? When should I plant them?
- What is the best thing to do with seedlings that are too tall for the seed starting kits? I have cauliflower and tomato plants that are 'leggy' and now too tall, but not yet ready to go outside. I received last week an advertisement about that hybrid zoysia grass that needs little watering and little mowing. Is that for real and if so, would it work in our climate? Supposedly it is cold hardy to -30. If I think that I there are gophers in my yard, what is the best way to eradicate them?
- My neighbors Aspen trees are sending roots into my yard. Is there anyway besides a barrier to discourage this growth?
- We have about 6 pine trees (blue spruce) in our yard and we have noticed that this year they are loaded with pine cones. Does this mean anything? We have looked on the farmers almanac thinking that it must mean we are in for a hard winter, or something in that nature, but have been unsuccessful in finding the answer. Do you have any information why the trees are loaded with pine cones?
- I have black spots on my tomato plant leaves and some on the main stem. Will it kill the plant? Can I get rid of it? Will it apread to the soil or other plants? HELP. I see it in most of the greehouses I have been to. Is it to late to find someone with a place to find a clean tomato plant and still plant it and get fruit?
- Please send me a list of what is recommended for gardening vegetables as far as the soil is concerned.
- What pesticides can I use for alfalfa weevil, and what are the best? Have Furadan and Lorsban been removed for this application
- I just bought a house and the yard is a mess. We have multiple varieties of grasses and weeds, dry spots, dead spots and rodent damage. I am a staunch do-it-yourselfer but the number of different problems to attack is overwhelming. Where is the best place to get educated or to get started? If I take a bunch of digital pictures of the various problems and plant types is there someplace I can take them to get good advice? Tru Green also came by and said we have grubs, but all they did was LOOK at the grass. I can pull up the dirt myself, but I don't know what to look for.