Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
My green peppers have black at the stems of almost every branch. Is there anything I can do to save them?
Rate This FAQ
I'm not sure if the color at the stems are a true problem, many peppers do have color variation along stem. This isn't enough information to make a diagnosis or be able to give you an answer to save them. Please bring in a sample and we can try to identify and send you recommendations.
Our offices are located at 2001 South State, Rm #S1200, Salt Lake City, UT. Directions to our office can be found on our website at http://extension.usu.edu/saltlake/htm/directions , we also hold Ask A Master Gardener clinics on Mondays from 1 to 4pm where we have both staff and Master Gardeners ready to answer your plant problem questions.
If you can't bring in a sample, a digital photo of the problem can be sent to me, to help you figure this out.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How do I keep birds out of my sweet cherry trees?
- Our new home came with some juvenile trees and sapplings planted very closely together in one corner of the yard. Who can identify these trees for us, so we know which ones (if any) to remove/relocate?
- I have a large mature cherry tree that over the past 3 weeks has had its leaves turn from green to yellow and now die off (July). I have not changed any watering patterns. The trunk "crotch" has debris, and small crawly wormy insects. How can I treat? Is it too late? It's a lovely tree, provides great shade and privacy.
- The leaves on my snowball bush are withered and the flowers almost nonexistant. The neighboring lilac doesn't look to good either. What could be causing this problem.
- A friend has recommended an Epsom salt solution for my garden plants. How are Epsom salts used here? I know they add mag to the soil if it is depleted but I didn't think they were used in alkaline soils... do they have any benefits? Will they help me grow blueberries etc., stuff that needs acidic soil? Research says that Epsom doesn't change the ph much but I know sulfur is good.
- My new lawn I had hydroseeded last year went to seed this year and and is still looking poorly is there anything I can do to bring it back to looking good again?
- We recently bought a home in Salt Lake city. The parking strip has very hard soil and weeds mixed with grass. Should we till it under and start over or air-rate it, keep it watered and sprinkle some grass seed on it in the fall or spring? We planted a sycomore tree (Bloodgood London Plane) and I think we stressed it by overwatering. About 50% of the leaves look sun scorched, some very dry and other leaves are green, full and lush, will it snap out of it? Should I air-rate the ground with a pitch fork around it?
- I have a healthy looking aspen tree whose leaves turn brown and fall off in early September without ever turning colors. I live in Midway and Aspens do well here. Do you know the cause and can it be corrected?