Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
My green peppers have black at the stems of almost every branch. Is there anything I can do to save them?
Rate This FAQ
I'm not sure if the color at the stems are a true problem, many peppers do have color variation along stem. This isn't enough information to make a diagnosis or be able to give you an answer to save them. Please bring in a sample and we can try to identify and send you recommendations.
Our offices are located at 2001 South State, Rm #S1200, Salt Lake City, UT. Directions to our office can be found on our website at http://extension.usu.edu/saltlake/htm/directions , we also hold Ask A Master Gardener clinics on Mondays from 1 to 4pm where we have both staff and Master Gardeners ready to answer your plant problem questions.
If you can't bring in a sample, a digital photo of the problem can be sent to me, to help you figure this out.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have a large mature cherry tree that over the past 3 weeks has had its leaves turn from green to yellow and now die off (July). I have not changed any watering patterns. The trunk "crotch" has debris, and small crawly wormy insects. How can I treat? Is it too late? It's a lovely tree, provides great shade and privacy.
- I have a small strip (about 1-1 1/2 feet) in front of my brick house that needs to be separated from my front lawn. I would like to put bricks or something to keep the grass from coming through. What would you suggest to use to separate the two areas? What would you suggest to plant?
- When is the next date for spraying apple trees for codling moth?
- We have a space along the north side of our house that is shady most of the day. We are wondering what we can plant there. It is right beside the house and we would like to put something that is edible in that space? We wanted to put in strawberries but decided it was probably too shady for them.
- When do I spray my cherry tree to prevent worms?
- In the vegetable fact sheets it make watering suggestions such as "water 1-2" per week" how much water is 1-2" per week? Also, Can I use blood meal for nitrogen to side dress tender plants?
- I have just moved into this new house and I have all these raspberry bushes. They have produced a crop of fruit and I went out and picked lots of berries. The berries themselves look very nice but they are a little small. When I brought them in the house I noticed a couple different kind of pests on them. A black little beetle looking bug and a little tiny bug that resembled the hair on the raspberry. I washed them off, cleaned them and ate them. Now I am all panicked that I will get sick. They tasted good but I have myself all freaked out not knowing if all the bugs got off. Will they hurt me? I want to make raspberry jam with all the berries I have. Is that safe?
- I live in riverton and want to plant triple crown blackberries and dwarf northblue blueberries. Do you have any suggestions or help?