Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
What dwarf nectarine (or semi-dwarf) will grow well in SL County (on the East Bench)? Also, how much space will it need when fully mature?
Rate This FAQ
The variety is on dwarf root stock so it's finding the variety you like that is grafted onto dwarf root stock. The space required for dwarf tree is at least 10 feet by 10 feet at maturity
Here are some recommendations:
Zone 5. Large variety with mostly red skin over a yellow background. Flesh is yellow, firm and very flavorful. A vigorous, productive tree. Self fertile.
Zone 5. A very large fruit with crack resistant glossy red and gold skin. Rich flavorful yellow flesh. The fruit has a good shelf-life and is a good shipper. The tree is productive and self fertile.
Zone 5. Large, oval fruit. The skin is bright yellow with a bright red blush covering 60-80%. The firm yellow flesh has an excellent sweet, rich flavor. Fantasia has a good shipping quality. A vigorous, productive tree. Self fertile.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Where can I find some info on two things. Thing 1; Why can't I get a decent peach from growing a tree from a seed? and Thing 2; "Which came first the chicken or the peach" or "How does grafting work?"
- I have some young apple trees that have sprouts coming up around trunk, i'm told to cut these off and other low branches and stick in soil and roots will develop to plant. Will this work? Am I supposed to cut at angle and put in soil as I'm being told?
- Mt aunt has a Italian plum tree. It is very old it has a lot of fruit on it all with little bumps on them. What is causing the little bumps and what is the regemine of what and when to spray if any?
- When is the proper time for me to spray for worms on my Bing Cherry Tree? What do I use?
- I had my apple tree pruned this spring and ever since then apple suckers have been coming up all over my yard; especially in my grass. Nothing I've sprayed seems to kill off the suckers, including round-up and sucker stopper. What do you recommend to erradicate apple suckers?
- I have two new flowering pear trees that are being used as breakfast, lunch and dinner. I am not sure what is eating them the leaves have large scallops taken out of them. The lower branches have been affected more than the top ones. Any ideas?
- I have many different types of fruit trees in my yard. Yellow Delicious, Gala, Jonathan, Macantosh, Elberta Peaches, Stanley Plums, Danjo Pears, Barlet Pears, Apricots, Bing Cherries, and Elderberries. When is the best time to harvest each of these?
- Can you please give me an idea of when I need to spray my fruit trees (I have one each of nectarine, peach, apricot, apple and cherry).Can you let me know when, based on the weather in Cache county? What is the name of the best spray to use?