Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
What dwarf nectarine (or semi-dwarf) will grow well in SL County (on the East Bench)? Also, how much space will it need when fully mature?
Rate This FAQ
The variety is on dwarf root stock so it's finding the variety you like that is grafted onto dwarf root stock. The space required for dwarf tree is at least 10 feet by 10 feet at maturity
Here are some recommendations:
Zone 5. Large variety with mostly red skin over a yellow background. Flesh is yellow, firm and very flavorful. A vigorous, productive tree. Self fertile.
Zone 5. A very large fruit with crack resistant glossy red and gold skin. Rich flavorful yellow flesh. The fruit has a good shelf-life and is a good shipper. The tree is productive and self fertile.
Zone 5. Large, oval fruit. The skin is bright yellow with a bright red blush covering 60-80%. The firm yellow flesh has an excellent sweet, rich flavor. Fantasia has a good shipping quality. A vigorous, productive tree. Self fertile.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- A large branch has died on my apple tree. What could have killed it?
- We live in Herriman and have a 25 x 30 foot plot of land that we would like to turn into an orchard. We would like to plant a variety of apples, pears, plums, and peaches. When should we plant? What kinds should we plant? How many of each should we plant? We are total beginners! Are there books or other resources you would recommend to help us that give answers for our specific area?
- Why are my apple trees wormy every year?
- Our 4 year old peach tree is blossoming and we noticed a "web" full of caterpillars in one of the branch forks. Several of the 1/2 to 3/4 inch larvae were on other branches as well. EEWWW! What do I do?
- I have been spraying Captan on my fruit trees for several years. This year I discovered at IFA that Captan is no longer allowed, so I purchased malathion (57%). Is there any problem spraying the malathion over the Captan? It has been three weeks since the last spray of Captan. I'd like to spray tomorrow (7/30), so it would be helpful to know as soon as possible.
- When can I stop spraying my apple trees for coddling moth for the season?
- I had my apple tree pruned this spring and ever since then apple suckers have been coming up all over my yard; especially in my grass. Nothing I've sprayed seems to kill off the suckers, including round-up and sucker stopper. What do you recommend to erradicate apple suckers?
- Can you please give me an idea of when I need to spray my fruit trees (I have one each of nectarine, peach, apricot, apple and cherry).Can you let me know when, based on the weather in Cache county? What is the name of the best spray to use?