Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
What dwarf nectarine (or semi-dwarf) will grow well in SL County (on the East Bench)? Also, how much space will it need when fully mature?
Rate This FAQ
The variety is on dwarf root stock so it's finding the variety you like that is grafted onto dwarf root stock. The space required for dwarf tree is at least 10 feet by 10 feet at maturity
Here are some recommendations:
Zone 5. Large variety with mostly red skin over a yellow background. Flesh is yellow, firm and very flavorful. A vigorous, productive tree. Self fertile.
Zone 5. A very large fruit with crack resistant glossy red and gold skin. Rich flavorful yellow flesh. The fruit has a good shelf-life and is a good shipper. The tree is productive and self fertile.
Zone 5. Large, oval fruit. The skin is bright yellow with a bright red blush covering 60-80%. The firm yellow flesh has an excellent sweet, rich flavor. Fantasia has a good shipping quality. A vigorous, productive tree. Self fertile.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I just found black spots on some of the peaches on my peach tree. I cut one peach open and the pit split in half really easily and there were small redish and black spots in the pit. I was wondering what are they, and if there's anything I can do about it?
- Can GF-120 be used by home gardeners to control Cherry fruit fly? How should it be applied?
- Can you please give me an idea of when I need to spray my fruit trees (I have one each of nectarine, peach, apricot, apple and cherry).Can you let me know when, based on the weather in Cache county? What is the name of the best spray to use?
- I seem to have terrible luck with cherry trees. I have 2 questions. first, Since they have taken away Diazinon as a root borer killer, how do I manage root borer? Second, I live in the city and have irrigation water going to my yard and garden. How do I water them. I'm afraid one tree, that sits to the back of my garden is getting a lot of water when I flood my tomatoes. Do they not like flooding. How can I protect this tree? How should I water my other cherry trees planted away from my veg garden. I got two montmaurancy trees last year and they both died. I love cherry trees and I need HELP
- When is the proper time for me to spray for worms on my Bing Cherry Tree? What do I use?
- Do you have an email list I can subscribe to that informs me when to spray my fruit trees?
- We have a horrible locust infestation, which I can't find any news about - all of the scrub oak are defoliated. Is this common? Will the trees recover- new leaves this year? I have found them on fruit trees and washed them off - are they just passing through? Any other info on them?
- This is the same question I ask every year. What is the best time to pick golden delicious apples near the Hilcrest School area in Logan.? Two, what is the best way to store apples when all I have is a regrigerator in the garage? Thanks for responding to my questions.