Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
What dwarf nectarine (or semi-dwarf) will grow well in SL County (on the East Bench)? Also, how much space will it need when fully mature?
Rate This FAQ
The variety is on dwarf root stock so it's finding the variety you like that is grafted onto dwarf root stock. The space required for dwarf tree is at least 10 feet by 10 feet at maturity
Here are some recommendations:
Zone 5. Large variety with mostly red skin over a yellow background. Flesh is yellow, firm and very flavorful. A vigorous, productive tree. Self fertile.
Zone 5. A very large fruit with crack resistant glossy red and gold skin. Rich flavorful yellow flesh. The fruit has a good shelf-life and is a good shipper. The tree is productive and self fertile.
Zone 5. Large, oval fruit. The skin is bright yellow with a bright red blush covering 60-80%. The firm yellow flesh has an excellent sweet, rich flavor. Fantasia has a good shipping quality. A vigorous, productive tree. Self fertile.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Two Questions, is Malathion the best spray to use on apple and pear trees and is there a way I could get a list of professionals who spray fruit trees?
- I need to buy some tree spacers to reshape my fruit trees. Where can I buy tree spacers?
- my pear trees leaves are drying up and falling off and now an oily sap is coming from trunk is this normal activity for prefall, if not what is problem?
- I am wondering if the worms in cherries are safe to eat? They are so small it doesn't really bother me to eat them but I don't want to if they could make me sick or continue to live and grow inside me.
- When I first moved here, my peach tree was unhealthy and barely alive. With regular irrigation from the water that comes down from Cedar Breaks National Monument and all the minerals, it has become very healthy with good fruit. Now it looks like it used to - fruit, but hardly any leaves. Could it be the drastic changes in weather one week in April after Easter - 75 degrees one day, gale force winds the next, then freezing rain and snow, all during bloom time?
- My wife and I just planted an Autumn Blaze Maple at our home in Syracuse. Do you have any advice for caring for this particular tree? Both in the long term and short term?
- We have scrub oak in our back yard. Almost overnight we have thousands of little green worms that have made webs over the leaves of the trees and are eating every green leaf in sight! Help! What do we do???
- I have been spraying Captan on my fruit trees for several years. This year I discovered at IFA that Captan is no longer allowed, so I purchased malathion (57%). Is there any problem spraying the malathion over the Captan? It has been three weeks since the last spray of Captan. I'd like to spray tomorrow (7/30), so it would be helpful to know as soon as possible.