Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
What dwarf nectarine (or semi-dwarf) will grow well in SL County (on the East Bench)? Also, how much space will it need when fully mature?
Rate This FAQ
The variety is on dwarf root stock so it's finding the variety you like that is grafted onto dwarf root stock. The space required for dwarf tree is at least 10 feet by 10 feet at maturity
Here are some recommendations:
Zone 5. Large variety with mostly red skin over a yellow background. Flesh is yellow, firm and very flavorful. A vigorous, productive tree. Self fertile.
Zone 5. A very large fruit with crack resistant glossy red and gold skin. Rich flavorful yellow flesh. The fruit has a good shelf-life and is a good shipper. The tree is productive and self fertile.
Zone 5. Large, oval fruit. The skin is bright yellow with a bright red blush covering 60-80%. The firm yellow flesh has an excellent sweet, rich flavor. Fantasia has a good shipping quality. A vigorous, productive tree. Self fertile.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I seem to have terrible luck with cherry trees. I have 2 questions. first, Since they have taken away Diazinon as a root borer killer, how do I manage root borer? Second, I live in the city and have irrigation water going to my yard and garden. How do I water them. I'm afraid one tree, that sits to the back of my garden is getting a lot of water when I flood my tomatoes. Do they not like flooding. How can I protect this tree? How should I water my other cherry trees planted away from my veg garden. I got two montmaurancy trees last year and they both died. I love cherry trees and I need HELP
- How do I know when it is time to pick my pear tree?
- Is there a variety of Nectarine which will grow well here in northern Utah? Can I grow just one tree? Is it okay to grow it near a peach tree or will they cross-pollinate and cause problems? Do they have the same risk of disease as peaches do?
- Mt aunt has a Italian plum tree. It is very old it has a lot of fruit on it all with little bumps on them. What is causing the little bumps and what is the regemine of what and when to spray if any?
- This is the same question I ask every year. What is the best time to pick golden delicious apples near the Hilcrest School area in Logan.? Two, what is the best way to store apples when all I have is a regrigerator in the garage? Thanks for responding to my questions.
- How do I keep the little white worms out of my cherries?
- Can you tell me the names of some good Apricot and peach trees to grow around here? Also, my space is limited so I just wanted to plant one of each kind of tree. Will they still be able to pollinate?
- Our bosic pear tree bears lots of sweet juicy fruit however they have an area around the core that seems to be gritty which makes canning difficult after cutting that part of the fruit out there isn't much left. How can we correct this problem with out fruit.