Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I am growing corn in a large garden box. My corn stalks are now five feet tall with several leaves, but none have any ears visible yet. When are ears supposed to be evident on a corn stalk?
Rate This FAQ
Your corn will first produce tassels on the top before you see cobs. The tassel produces the pollen that drops onto the corn silk. The tassels need to be dry before the corn silk appears in order for the pollen to drop on the silk. When your tassels start drying up, you should see corn cobs appearing. If you have further questions, you can call us at 851-8462
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Are pine needles a good top mulch or addition to my compost pile? Others have said pine needles are poisonous. I live in Washington Terrace and my soil is sandy by nature.
- I have a dogwood shrub that did wonderfully well in the spring and is now slowly dying. I do deep watering once every two weeks and that seems to help but not enough. Any recommendations? It gets full sun most of the day.
- What herbicide/killer do we use to eradicate "salt cedar" & cheat grass??
- A look at gardening catalog terms
- I was wondering if you could tell me where to find the planting schedule for Utah. Could you also tell me gardening plants that tend to grow better than others here in Utah? Thank you
- I planted 2 plum trees several years ago. The 3rd year I had a huge crop. The next 2 years the leaves had what I think is peach leaf curl or at least that's how it made the leaves look. I sprayed both years with no improvement. This year I've also sprayed but after blossoming, the leafing is very sickly, the leaves done even really form, they just make tiny clusters of pale spikes that look like tiny curled leaves. Is there anything I can so short of digging them out? Can they be saved or I am better off just starting from scratch? How to I make sure what is there doesn't contaminate the new trees? Thanks.
- When can I plant peas? Should the peas be soaked before planting them?
- I started my Basil from seed and they were doing great, now something is eating them. The plants outside and inside. One insect looks like a nat the other one has feelers out front and is very small and fast. What should I spray them with? Should I use bark around them?