Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I am growing corn in a large garden box. My corn stalks are now five feet tall with several leaves, but none have any ears visible yet. When are ears supposed to be evident on a corn stalk?
Rate This FAQ
Your corn will first produce tassels on the top before you see cobs. The tassel produces the pollen that drops onto the corn silk. The tassels need to be dry before the corn silk appears in order for the pollen to drop on the silk. When your tassels start drying up, you should see corn cobs appearing. If you have further questions, you can call us at 851-8462
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- What is an effective way to handle squash bugs? This is the second year they have killed all our winter squash plants?
- When should apple trees be sprayed and how should we go about it. Is there someone in Utah Co. who will come and do it. We have a golden apple tree that produces big, good apples when taken care of.
- I want to put pre emergent down on my garden to control weeds and the tomato seeds from last year. The snow has melted. Is now the time and what should I use?
- What herbicide/killer do we use to eradicate "salt cedar" & cheat grass??
- I would like to know the cost of nematodes for flower gardens and where I might be able to purchase some or have some mailed to me here in Farmington. Is there somewhere along the Wasatch Front I can purchase this type of nematodes?
- I would like to fertilize for weeds, but it has been so hot lately. Is there anything I can do this time of the year to kill weeds in my lawn, and if so, should I use granules or a spray?
- I'd like to plant annual vines - do you have suggestions?
- How do I prune my raspberries?