Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I am growing corn in a large garden box. My corn stalks are now five feet tall with several leaves, but none have any ears visible yet. When are ears supposed to be evident on a corn stalk?
Rate This FAQ
Your corn will first produce tassels on the top before you see cobs. The tassel produces the pollen that drops onto the corn silk. The tassels need to be dry before the corn silk appears in order for the pollen to drop on the silk. When your tassels start drying up, you should see corn cobs appearing. If you have further questions, you can call us at 851-8462
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- do ants eat one another?
- How much sunlight do my raspberries need?
- Why are tomatoes turning black (dark) from the bottom up when they begin to ripen. They are also dark on the inside.
- Should I cut back my perennials for winter? High Country Gardens says to wait until early-mid spring, but that is contrary to what I have been doing. It is true that I suffer some loss each spring.
- By the end of June, our apple tree looked sickly, with faded, curling brown leaves. I am wondering if the leaves look the way they do because my husband doesn't spray regularly or because the tree is not getting enough water in our arid climate. When he does stick to a schedule, it seems that the leaves don't look much better. This is a tree that is nearly twenty years old. I have never noticed an infestation of bugs. Apples have gotten smaller and smaller by the year, most have worms. The tree is in our front yard and I really would like it to look healthy, regardless of whether or not we get eatable fruit. What should we do?
- We have planted tomato plants and used “Miracle Grow” the plants are big and healthy and have many blossoms but no tomatoes have as yet began to grow, we have seen different kinds of bees pollinating the blossoms at times. I have never had this happen before can you give us some advice concerning this? Thanks, Lewis Draney
- You might be a gardener if...
- My raspberry bushes are gigantic and are not producing berries. How do I prune them to avoid this? Can they be pruned right now or do I wait for Fall?