Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
When moving into our new home I removed two small quaking aspen trees. Even though the main trees are gone there are a good multiple dozen shoots that are coming up all over the lawn. How do I get rid of these for good...hopefully without ripping up my entire yard? Also my neighbors all have these aspen trees and I would like to "treat" the baby shoots coming up on my side of the fence line without damaging their trees. Is that possible?
Rate This FAQ
Unfortunately the roots of the little shoots are connected to the full-size quaking aspens in your neighbor's yard. Before you kill the little shoots, you must first sever the connecting roots. Cut them with a shovel or something so they are not connected, then you can safely spray them out with a shrub and brush killer or other broad-leaf herbicide. Make sure there is no wind, no other broad-leaf plants that will be damaged (don't spray them if they are in the middle of broad-leaf ground cover). Make sure that the temperature is below 85 degrees for 72 hours after you spray. If you have further questions you can call us at 851-8462
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Can I legally drill a small water well (or two) under 30 feet deep in my back yard without a permit?
- What pesticides can I use for alfalfa weevil, and what are the best? Have Furadan and Lorsban been removed for this application
- I have grubs in my yard. Any suggestions?
- My mugo pine is turning an orange color and the needles are dropping. What caused this and can it be saved?
- Why do we rake leaves? What would happen to my lawn and flower garden if I just left them on the ground and let the grass and perennials grow up through them? We currently mulch them with a mower and let most of them stay. Are we raising the elevation of our lawn? Are we doing good or bad to it?
- Our golden delicious apple tree drops fruit through the entire season. What are we doing wrong? It is located in our garden area and gets plenty of water. Thank you for your help.
- Do you have the names of companies or individuals who spray fruit trees in the spring and summer to prevent bugs and disease?
- When do I spray my cherry tree to prevent worms?