Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I just recently moved into a home that has these terrible "soda straw" type weeds that I can't get rid of. They pop apart and look like tall drinking straws. I have sprayed them with multiple rounds of poison (extra strength!) and dug them out by hand 2 or three times. They are coming back stronger than ever. What should I do?
Rate This FAQ
I think your "soda straw" weeds may be scouring rush. Look it up on google to verify. If it is souring rush, it is VERY difficult to get rid of. It is very waxy and jointed so that the herbicide doesn't penetrate the surface or move to the roots. Two things you can try. 1)cut the plant just below the soil line and put a few drops of concentrated roundup on the cut and 2)cover with black plastic. Leave it there for the entire growing season (you can plant your zucchini etc throuh a little hole cut in the plastic) Good luck! If you have further questions you can call us at 851-8462
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I just ordered some blueberry bushes and wondered where I need to plant them in my garden.
- I planted four Patmore Green Ash trees in my yard and they all have circular hole bite marks on all the leaves. I cannot see any insects on them. Do you have any idea what might be eating the leaves and how I can get rid of them?
- I just bought some property with what I think is a Bartlett pear tree. The tree seems to be in good condition but the fruit skin develops a coarse brown covering. What causes this?
- We are putting in a backyard with grass seed instead of sod. I am wondering if we need to add lime to our soil to change the pH and also what types of grass work best in our area. I assume that Kentucky Bluegrass would be best, but should I get a mix or just the Bluegrass? Are certain brands better than others?
- We have a weed in our hay field that is choking out the field in quite a large area. The weed has a hard stem with heart shaped leaves about 1/4 to 1/2 inch in size around the stem leading to seed pods that look like flowers that are hard and have a seed in them. The seed is red and the husk around them is green when the seed leaves the husk is white, stem is hard green and stick like.
- I have a pine tree that is dying. It has two or three branches that are dead or dying. Is there any treatment that I can use to stop this?
- I live in Mapleton. I have been reading about the James Pecan Tree, which is supposed to mature by September 1st and be okay in zone 5. What do you think about my trying to grow it here? How do they do?
- I have Morning glory though out my established lawn, how can I get rid of it?