Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
When do you advise setting the sprinklers to run? Is early morning the best time for both lawn and (drip) garden?
Rate This FAQ
The best time to water is early morning. Water scheduling also depends on your specific soils and factors such as amount of shade, amount of mulch on garden that will influence amount of soil moisture retained in soil. Many agencies got together and produced a brochure on proper water of lawns called Residential Watering Guide specific to each county. For Salt Lake County check out this link http://www.conservewater.utah.gov/agency/materials/guide/SaltLake.pdf
If you have any other questions, you can check out our Extension website for Salt Lake County under horticulture (use right hand navigation bar) and link to other USU publications http://extension.usu.edu/saltlake/htm/horticulture
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Some of the bottom leafs on my tomato plants have turned brown and are dying. I have lost one plant and it looks like another may go soon. I am watering three to four times per week and I have been putting a liquid fertilizer on the plants about once a week. Any ideas about what I may be doing wrong?
- I have an indoor pathos that I potted about a month ago. I noticed recently some fuzz on the soil. Is it mold? Yesterday, the end of the vine was black. How can I save the plant?
- A PORTION OF MY BACKYARD IS VERY SHADY AND THE GRASS LOOKS SPARSE AND UNHEALTHY. ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT TO DO TO MAKE IS LOOK GOOD AND HEALTHY AGAIN?
- Can citrus and avocado trees be planted and grown successfully in Salt Lake County?
- When is the next date for spraying apple trees for codling moth?
- I would like to put a barrier inbetween my lawn and my side yard where we have quakies to keep the suckers from coming up. What can I use and how deep do I put it into the ground? Also, they are next to my neighbors driveway, how far do the roots travel and should I barrier that side as well?
- I just moved to South Jordan and I have clumps of grass pok-a-dotting my lawn. Some say it is crab and others say Johnson. The clumps are hard and raised.
- I discovered on my peach tree there is a white larvae that has burrowed into the base of the trunk and a sticky peach colored substance is there. The rest of the tree looks healthy, but I only have about five peaches that made it this year. This is the third year for this tree, and when it was only a year oldit produced 35 peaches. Also, there are these black bugs with red heads on the tree that I have never seen before. HELP! I really want to save this tree!