Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
When do you advise setting the sprinklers to run? Is early morning the best time for both lawn and (drip) garden?
Rate This FAQ
The best time to water is early morning. Water scheduling also depends on your specific soils and factors such as amount of shade, amount of mulch on garden that will influence amount of soil moisture retained in soil. Many agencies got together and produced a brochure on proper water of lawns called Residential Watering Guide specific to each county. For Salt Lake County check out this link http://www.conservewater.utah.gov/agency/materials/guide/SaltLake.pdf
If you have any other questions, you can check out our Extension website for Salt Lake County under horticulture (use right hand navigation bar) and link to other USU publications http://extension.usu.edu/saltlake/htm/horticulture
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have a peach tree that has yellow leaves. Some are dark green but most are yellow.The fruit is small. I live in Ceder Valley I have kept an eye out for bugs and water deep evey other week. could it be iron?
- I planted a Chanticleer pear tree about two weeks ago (mid June) in Perry. I watered it everyday for about 5-6 days and have since cut back to 1-2 times per week. Many of the leaves are very dry and crumble when squeezed. Have I been over watering or under watering my tree? How often should I water it or is it already too late for my tree?
- My green peppers have black at the stems of almost every branch. Is there anything I can do to save them?
- I am about to remove a hedge of box leaf euonymous because they were affected by scale that I was not able to control. Is it possible to plant the same species in this spot again?
- This year a majority of our tomatoes have brown spots on the bottom. Some of them as soon as they are ripe they have mold growing on them. Are these safe to eat an can or what do I need to do. We have about 8 or 9 plants. They are not producing that well. It seems to be on all of are tomatoes except for the grape. What can we do to get this problem taken care of?
- What kind of Strawberry plant do you recommend? I remember Crocket's Victory Garden recommending an ever bearing one for the New England area.
- My new austrian pines planted in the fall are looking pale in color and a lot of needles have fallen off. Also, my older austrian pines are looking the same way. What do they need? The soil has a lot of clay and is quite alkaline. My new spruce in the same area is doing great. What do the pines need?
- We bought a house that has quaking aspens around the perimeter of the yard. About half of them are dying or are already dead. What can we do to prevent the rest of them from dying, and what should we do with the dead trees?