Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
When do you advise setting the sprinklers to run? Is early morning the best time for both lawn and (drip) garden?
Rate This FAQ
The best time to water is early morning. Water scheduling also depends on your specific soils and factors such as amount of shade, amount of mulch on garden that will influence amount of soil moisture retained in soil. Many agencies got together and produced a brochure on proper water of lawns called Residential Watering Guide specific to each county. For Salt Lake County check out this link http://www.conservewater.utah.gov/agency/materials/guide/SaltLake.pdf
If you have any other questions, you can check out our Extension website for Salt Lake County under horticulture (use right hand navigation bar) and link to other USU publications http://extension.usu.edu/saltlake/htm/horticulture
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I am looking for a shrub or tree that can line my driveway but, the problem is that it is facing the south and gets little to none water. Can you suggest some drought resistant plants that will work for that particular area?
- I have seen ads for canada green grass seed. It talks about it's resistance to drought, and the fact that is a very hearty grass. Do you have any info on this grass seed?
- My new lawn I had hydroseeded last year went to seed this year and and is still looking poorly is there anything I can do to bring it back to looking good again?
- Someone told me not to use cherry tomatoes in my spaghetti sauce due to inadequate acidity. If I pressure can the sauce and it also includes zucchini, onion, eggplant and fresh herbs, could it not also include some quantity of cherry tomatoes as part of the mix? I like to use up excess veggies in my sauce.
- What are the differences and advantages or disadvantages of soil amendments? Specifically Perlite (expanded silicous rock), Vermiculite (expanded mica), Utelite (expanded shale).
- The grass under my english walnut tree is not doing well. What can i do to help the grass grow?
- I have a large, old walnut tree in my front yard. The bark on the east/northeast side of the tree is separating from the trunk. Is this a sign of disease or other problems? And can I peel the bark off the tree or will that hurt the tree?
- i was baking a chicken casserole last night. the power went out after about 30 minutes of baking. i put it in the fridge. then, i cooked it for 1 and 1/2 hours more when the power came back on 3 hours later. i put it back in the frige. is it safe to eat tonight?