Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
My euonymus has a white powdery film on the leaves, what is it?
Rate This FAQ
Powdery mildew. This is a fungal infection that appears in the spring and continues through out the growing season. Leaves, buds and flowers become whitened, contorted and dwarfed as the fungal filaments and spores rapidly spread over the entire plant. It also attacks other plants such as roses, peaches, aspens and oaks. Prune the shrubs to thin out any dense foliage, and plant in open areas where they won’t be crowded and are exposed to sunlight and breeze. Avoid excessive nitrogen fertilizer; this fungus typically infests succulent new growth. Clean away any fallen leaves since they may harbor spores. Irrigate with a soaker hose or drip lines to avoid wetting the foliage.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Could you pleae identify the pine-like tree on the north side of our home? The needles are on two sides of the twig rather than on all four sides. They (the needles) are very soft and are dark green. At this time of the year (Sep), the trees bear red berries. The trees are approximately 35 years old and are 12-14 feet tall. Thank you very much for your assistance!
- Yesterday I applied "Scotts Turf Builder Plus 2 Weed Control" to my lawn. Unfortunately, I had the drop spreader set incorrectly. As a result I later discovered that I had accidently applied 4-5 times as much fertizer as specified on the bag. Will this damage the lawn? Is there anything I can do to prevent damage?
- Spotted spurge is taking over my lawn. What can I do now, in these hot August temperatures, to knock back this weed problem?
- My roses and boxelder trees have sticky (sap) leaves, what is causing this problem?
- How do I get rid of wild morning glory?
- We live in Riverton with heavy clay soil. Will gypsum pellets help the soil so water does not run off so much? Can gypsum be applied on top of existing grass? In soil flower beds? In vegetable gardens? Is Utelite better than gypsum? Thank you.
- why wont my lawnmower engine run without a blade on it how do i make run
- Due to the dry season, the weeds are overtaking our lawn. Besides watering, is there a weed killer I can apply when it is so hot? Is there a fertilizer or food that would help it?