Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
My euonymus has a white powdery film on the leaves, what is it?
Rate This FAQ
Powdery mildew. This is a fungal infection that appears in the spring and continues through out the growing season. Leaves, buds and flowers become whitened, contorted and dwarfed as the fungal filaments and spores rapidly spread over the entire plant. It also attacks other plants such as roses, peaches, aspens and oaks. Prune the shrubs to thin out any dense foliage, and plant in open areas where they won’t be crowded and are exposed to sunlight and breeze. Avoid excessive nitrogen fertilizer; this fungus typically infests succulent new growth. Clean away any fallen leaves since they may harbor spores. Irrigate with a soaker hose or drip lines to avoid wetting the foliage.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How do I prevent aspen sprouts from coming up in my lawn?
- I have tall thin Junipers in my backyard. They resemble a Hollywood Juniper but I am not sure of their species. They are 25 years old and have begun to look like they are dying, the needles are turning brown and falling off. Is there anything I can do to save them?
- How and when can I transplant small, 6-12 inch and medium, 5 ft joshua trees? The latter is more important at this point since it would be a shame to lose it.
- I have a lawn full of spiders. When I go to the flowers beds, probably a 100 spiders run out of the grass and bed. The spiders are about 3/8 of an inch long and dark brown. I would just like to get rid of them. What is the best approach?
- I want to switch my current lawn (bluegrass with some bermudagrass infestation) to a low-water and low-growth grass. I have a front lawn that's in shade most of the day, and the back lawn is mostly in sun. Will dwarf tall fescue work in this situation? Do you have any recommendations for the best DTF variety(s) to use? Also, will the bermudagrass be able to survive on less water and compete with the fescue?
- I bought an azaleas from costco. How do I take care of it?
- How can I conserve water and still have a nice lawn?
- Spotted spurge is taking over my lawn. What can I do now, in these hot August temperatures, to knock back this weed problem?