Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Is it possible to eradicate puncture vine by sterilizing the soil with solar energy through plastic or glass?
Rate This FAQ
It is possible to eliminate some of the seeds of the puncture vine with a good solarization. Cover the area with a clear plastic in the hot months of July and August for the best results. However, if some of the weed seeds are deep into the soil, below the area effected by the solarization, they may not be killed. Puncture vine is a very poor competitor in reality. The best way to control this weed is to plant the area with a healthy crop, lawn, or ornamental planting. Puncture vine will not grow in shade or compete with other healthy plants. A registered pre-emergent can also be used in non-crop areas.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- What are some good strawberry varieties to grow in our area? I would like both june-bearing and ever-bearing
- I want to put pre emergent down on my garden to control weeds and the tomato seeds from last year. The snow has melted. Is now the time and what should I use?
- I'd like to plant annual vines - do you have suggestions?
- I'm wondering if there is a variety of Almond tree that grows well in Davis county. And, are they self-fertile? Can they be grown near nectarines? (I've read that they shouldn't be grown near peaches as they can develop a bitter taste.)
- How can I safely dispose of excess pesticides, including herbicides?
- Should I rotate my vegetable crops?
- how many eggplants do you get from one plant.
- Where can I find a vegetable garden planting schedule guide for the Salt Lake Valley area?