Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Is it possible to eradicate puncture vine by sterilizing the soil with solar energy through plastic or glass?
Rate This FAQ
It is possible to eliminate some of the seeds of the puncture vine with a good solarization. Cover the area with a clear plastic in the hot months of July and August for the best results. However, if some of the weed seeds are deep into the soil, below the area effected by the solarization, they may not be killed. Puncture vine is a very poor competitor in reality. The best way to control this weed is to plant the area with a healthy crop, lawn, or ornamental planting. Puncture vine will not grow in shade or compete with other healthy plants. A registered pre-emergent can also be used in non-crop areas.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How much sunlight do my raspberries need?
- I have a dogwood shrub that did wonderfully well in the spring and is now slowly dying. I do deep watering once every two weeks and that seems to help but not enough. Any recommendations? It gets full sun most of the day.
- How do I go about planting yams? We have already started the roots forming in a jar of water but need to know how to plant them. Thanks for your response. Duane
- Tomato tutorial
- Putting more color in your landscape
- When can I plant peas? Should the peas be soaked before planting them?
- I still have a lot of green tomatoes on the vine but it looks like frost is getting the better of them (the vines, not the fruit yet) the past few nights. I plan on using the tomatoes for Chili Sauce. If I pick the green tomatoes are they going to ripen inside? Is there a better way to get them ripened to use for chili sauce?
- Should I rotate my vegetable crops?