Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Is it possible to eradicate puncture vine by sterilizing the soil with solar energy through plastic or glass?
Rate This FAQ
It is possible to eliminate some of the seeds of the puncture vine with a good solarization. Cover the area with a clear plastic in the hot months of July and August for the best results. However, if some of the weed seeds are deep into the soil, below the area effected by the solarization, they may not be killed. Puncture vine is a very poor competitor in reality. The best way to control this weed is to plant the area with a healthy crop, lawn, or ornamental planting. Puncture vine will not grow in shade or compete with other healthy plants. A registered pre-emergent can also be used in non-crop areas.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- When should I spray my apple and apricat trees to prevent worms in the fruit? What product should I use? I planted a plum tree last fall, what should I do for it now?
- I was wondering if you could tell me where to find the planting schedule for Utah. Could you also tell me gardening plants that tend to grow better than others here in Utah? Thank you
- Should I rotate my vegetable crops?
- How can I stay on top of yard and garden problems?
- My tomato plants look beautiful. However, most of the tomatoes, when they start to turn red, they also start to spoil and turn black from the bottom up. Why is that? Could it be bugs or too much water?
- Tomato Questions Answered
- I purchased several pepper plants from a local nursery this spring one of them I do not know if the fruit is a pepper. They are black fruit about the size of a grape, full of seeds, and they do not smell hot, all the others are jalapeno.
- I have heard that some of my tomatoes have tomato blight. What is it and how do identify it? The leaves on the plants curl and then the plant dies. However, the fruit still sets and matures as the plant is dying.