Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Is it possible to eradicate puncture vine by sterilizing the soil with solar energy through plastic or glass?
Rate This FAQ
It is possible to eliminate some of the seeds of the puncture vine with a good solarization. Cover the area with a clear plastic in the hot months of July and August for the best results. However, if some of the weed seeds are deep into the soil, below the area effected by the solarization, they may not be killed. Puncture vine is a very poor competitor in reality. The best way to control this weed is to plant the area with a healthy crop, lawn, or ornamental planting. Puncture vine will not grow in shade or compete with other healthy plants. A registered pre-emergent can also be used in non-crop areas.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How do I get rid of the subterranean creature(s) (moles?)that pushing up piles of freshly excavated dirt in all my flower beds and into my sprinkler valve boxes?
- What is the shelf life of fertilizer? I have some bags that have been stored in an outside shed and wondered whether they can be used or should be discarded.
- I would like to fertilize for weeds, but it has been so hot lately. Is there anything I can do this time of the year to kill weeds in my lawn, and if so, should I use granules or a spray?
- You have some history on the popularity of apples?
- I have a dogwood shrub that did wonderfully well in the spring and is now slowly dying. I do deep watering once every two weeks and that seems to help but not enough. Any recommendations? It gets full sun most of the day.
- I want to put pre emergent down on my garden to control weeds and the tomato seeds from last year. The snow has melted. Is now the time and what should I use?
- I am looking for information on when pumkins are ripe.
- How do I store my summer bulbs?