Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I found a possible red and blue leaf hopper on a plant in my yard. Some experts I have contacted say we don't have them in the west. Could it be identified by you to species if I catch one and bring it in? I do have a photo of it.
Rate This FAQ
Thanks for your question. We have a Plant Pest Diagnostic Lab here in
Logan. Our Insect Diagnostician would be happy to look at your
leafhoppers. Please visit this website to get submission instructions
and also the form you will need to include with your sample.
Please let me know if you have any questions regarding our lab.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I live in Bloomington Just south of Saint George, Utah. About a week ago I noticed hundreds of little greenish/yellowish flying bugs. Like I said they have been here about a week and they are not going away. I have lived in the area for about six years now and have never seen them before. Do you have any idea what they are and how I can control them? Regards Randy
- I have little black beetles in my home do you know what they are and how to get rid of them?
- I have ants all over my yard. I also have domestic cats and wild birds. Is there any organic or other non-toxic way to kill the ants without putting poison in my yard? If not, what is the most effective, least toxic substance I can use?
- I am interested in beekeeping, and am currently reading several books on the subject. All of the books have said, "contact your local extension office to find out about apiary organizations and to register your hives." I've looked all over your site and can't find anything on this subject for Washington County. Where can I find information on apiary organizations in this area?
- What insects attack strawberries and what is the recommended control?
- We have a scorpion that just came up on our patio when our sprinklers came on. Is it normal to find a scorpion in Herriman? I have never heard of them here. It seems to be all white and very mean as it came after the people sitting on the patio rather than going away from them. We now have it in a bottle. This concerns me as I have a two year old and a baby who play out side. How do I keep them out of my yard?
- We have millions of tiny tan bugs that jump when you try to swat them. I think they are springtails, and I have no idea how to get rid of them. They are coming into our house (we rent out a basement apartment), and they are all over outside! They are on the concrete, the stucco, everywhere! They don't seem to be bothering my two cats or our plants outside. How do I get rid of them? I've tried putting Sevin outside around the doorway and windowsills to keep them out, however it is not working.
- I had some trouble with Squash Bugs attacking my Spagetti Squash. Now my plants looks as if it may have Cucurbit Yellow Vine Disease (CYVD). Should I try to deteremine if its really CYVD and if it is, what do I need to do?