Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
My sycamore tree has brown-reddish spots along the leaf veins. What is it?
Rate This FAQ
It is probably a fungal disease called anthracnose, also common on other trees such as maple, oak and ash. During years of extended cool, wet springs, symptoms appear as water soaked lesions on the leaves. These spots enlarge and turn reddish-brown or black along the veins. Cultural controls are only marginally effective for anthracnose and are aimed at raking up and destroying fallen leaves in the fall and removing infected branches in spring. Maintain trees’ healthy condition by adequate water and fertilizers. Anthracnose is rarely a serious threat to trees’ survival.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Do you have information on soil testing?
- Does it help to aerate in the spring and fall? Also if there is a lot of dead grass and thatch build up would it be beneficial to power rake in the spring?
- I have a lawn with necrotic ring, it has been treated with f:stop. Question; Future construction will remove much of the sod. Should I treat the soil before I lay new sod.
- I notice groups of about 4 or 5 pine needles buried into the flower beds and am wondering what type of bug is pulling them into the ground in the fall. They do not get ther naturally because of the way they are sticking out of the ground. Half buried. I am just wondering what creature this might be and do I need to do something about it?
- I have several Dwarf Blue Arctic Willows in my yard. This year they were full of some kind of wasp or bee. I waited until winter and the leaves dropped off to see if there was a hive or nest and there does not seem to be one. In looking for the nest I noticed some small black bugs on the wood. What should I do, if anything and are the two pests related in any way?
- why wont my lawnmower engine run without a blade on it how do i make run
- How invasive are globe willows? Also, what is the distance they should be from the septic system and water lines, etc?
- How do I kill gophers in my lawn?