Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
My zucchini plant has white spots in the leaves of the plant. New leaves are green but mature with the white spots. There is no powder residue or other obvious sign of fungus. No other plant in the garden has this appearance. What is the problem?
Rate This FAQ
There may be nothing wrong with your zucchini. Some varieties produce white splotched markings on the leaves. Is the plant growing and producing well? Are the leaves normal size and shape? If so, you just have the variety that gets white markings on the leaves as they get older. I have that variety, and the leaves start out all green, but as they get full size, they get white patterns on them. If you have further questions, you can call us at 851-8462
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Two Questions: 1. When do Gooseberries flower? 2. When is the best time to plant tulips?
- Can I grow bitter melon, gourds, thai chili peppers, hmong cucumbers, peas, green peas, sugar snap peas, and lemon grass in Clinton? When should I plant them?
- I have thornless red raspberries that have been planted for three years. (I don't know the name of the variety.) The berries are very small - too small. Suggestions?
- Two questions; I have an dwarf Honey Crisp apple tree that is about 5 years old. Last year it had a dozen apples. I didn't disturb the fruit spurs when I picked the fruit. This year there were no blossoms on the tree. I didn't prune it at all. What can I do to help it produce every year? Second question; I have peach borers in the main branches of my nectarine tree. The tree seems healthy other than the borers. What can I do about them at this point? Will it help to dig them out? Will it help to spray? Will they winter over to next year?
- What are the differences and advantages or disadvantages of soil amendments? Specifically Perlite (expanded silicous rock), Vermiculite (expanded mica), Utelite (expanded shale).
- Where can I get a chart that tells me when to plant vegetable or plants and also can you tell me how to plant blackberry and raspberry plants?
- I live out on the western edge of South Jordan. The home I just bought has very sandy/rocky soil. The lawn is an inch to inch and one half depth. I have decided to add at least four inches of topsoil to my back yard this fall and re-seed. The front yard is still worth saving. I have three questions. What is the best Ph level for my soil in this area and what type of seed will work best in high sun location such as the one I live in and last should I consider some type of organic treatment to my front yard to strengthen it and promote growth?
- We want to plant a couple of trees in our front yard that don't get very big (about 10 to 15 feet high). Can you suggest any are not messy and don't send up runners? If you have literature on selecting trees, could you send me a link?