Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
My zucchini plant has white spots in the leaves of the plant. New leaves are green but mature with the white spots. There is no powder residue or other obvious sign of fungus. No other plant in the garden has this appearance. What is the problem?
Rate This FAQ
There may be nothing wrong with your zucchini. Some varieties produce white splotched markings on the leaves. Is the plant growing and producing well? Are the leaves normal size and shape? If so, you just have the variety that gets white markings on the leaves as they get older. I have that variety, and the leaves start out all green, but as they get full size, they get white patterns on them. If you have further questions, you can call us at 851-8462
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Last fall I planted a 4-foot tall Arizona cypress (Blue Ice) in my yard. I bought it from a local nursery who assured me it was cold-hardy enough for this area, but by this spring most of the needles on the upper 2/3 of the tree had turned brown. The lower needles that were beneath the snowpack for most of the winter are still green. Is there anything I can do to help this tree recovery (or should I find a different tree that's more cold-hardy)?
- Please Help, my blue lake pole beans are not producing like they should, the blossoms are not sticking and those that do have matured into flat stringing beans or Big hard ones with white fuzz around the middle of the seed inside please help me I need my beans.
- How many gallons per hour are needed for mature fruit trees? Also how many times a week and how long each time should trees be watered?
- I have some problems with native Juniper trees dying(25 ft average height). They start turning yellow (chlorosis has been ruled out) then brown on south side first, then slowly spread to north end of plant. I have cut down one and found no signs of insect damage or disease. Only trees located next to a dirt road(South of trees) are currently affected. They started changing in color last summer. The county does spray for russian thistle on road. Yet no other trees seem to be affected. Can you provide other possible reasons or someone that may be able to come and see them (test them)?
- Last May, I planted my living Christmas tree (5 foot Black Hills Spruce) after wintering it in a sheltered area with mulch. It was inside for only 3 days. It grew well all summer with little green buds until the first hard frost and then it died all at once. What happened? Was it the tree or the location? I live at 7,000 ft; the planting location is a little bit rocky and I don't want it to happen again. Thanks!!!
- I planted four Patmore Green Ash trees in my yard and they all have circular hole bite marks on all the leaves. I cannot see any insects on them. Do you have any idea what might be eating the leaves and how I can get rid of them?
- I have a stand of Gambel Oaks in my yard, I would like to leave the oaks, but fill in about 12 inches deep to level the area out. Will this damage the oaks? Is there any recommended ground cover to place in the area?
- My mugo pine is turning an orange color and the needles are dropping. What caused this and can it be saved?